Bluemour Discussion Thread XI - Facts Not Welcome

Under what circumstances will you be happy to trade for Shiel?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
More fact than bluemour, we have a good trade / draft period and we aren't as far off as some may think.

Competition is so even now.
Our young mids (some we haven't even drafted) still need a few pre-seasons. That'll hold us back.

Weiters, Marchy, Charlie and Harry are all entering their 4th season or more. Very few excuses now, assuming no injury interruptions

Yeah, SOS has been really s**t. Hasn’t he? Seriously man, get a grip.

TA

Where did I say he's been s**t? I want a gun mature midfielder signed this trade period and if our offer was nowhere near the Saints for Shiel i wanna know why. Whatever we tabled wasnt enough to lure him from GWS, at least at this stage, which would mean SOS pulled his punch. Make the Godfather offer already!

Where did I say he's been s**t? I want a gun mature midfielder signed this trade period and if our offer was nowhere near the Saints for Shiel i wanna know why. Whatever we tabled wasnt enough to lure him from GWS, at least at this stage, which would mean SOS pulled his punch. Make the Godfather offer already!

Silvagni has put our recruiting back on track after a decade or more of poor list management. To do so, he has traded in and out over 40 players. From word go, he has stated that we would go to the draft to replenish the list for the first three years. He has unearthed immense talent. For the first time since he came home, he will start using our war chest to find players between the ages of 24 and 27 at the trade table. At no stage has he over paid a player and or brought in players with cultural issues. Case in point Rockliff. Port overpaid for his services and have already paid the price in terms of list management.

Obviously SOS has a plan and clear value system in regards to players. If he values Shiel at x amount and another team pay y then stiff bickies.

Basically, in SOS I trust and I am certain that he has and will bring in the right players at the right price.

TA

Silvagni has put our recruiting back on track after a decade or more of poor list management. To do so, he has traded in and out over 40 players. From word go, he has stated that we would go to the draft to replenish the list for the first three years. He has unearthed immense talent. For the first time since he came home, he will start using our war chest to find players between the ages of 24 and 27 at the trade table. At no stage has he over paid a player and or brought in players with cultural issues. Case in point Rockliff. Port overpaid for his services and have already paid the price in terms of list management.

Obviously SOS has a plan and clear value system in regards to players. If he values Shiel at x amount and another team pay y then stiff bickies.

Basically, in SOS I trust and I am certain that he has and will bring in the right players at the right price.

TA

Im just a bit toey is all. Im hoping that the salary dumps we've taken from GWS has put us in good stead and Im hoping we can put an offer to Shiel to change his mind. Both monetarily and contract length plus off field support like Judd having one on one sessions. I never wanted Rockliff. Hes always been a crab with zero hurt factor. I want Shiel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im just a bit toey is all. Im hoping that the salary dumps we've taken from GWS has put us in good stead and Im hoping we can put an offer to Shiel to change his mind. Both monetarily and contract length plus off field support like Judd having one on one sessions. I never wanted Rockliff. Hes always been a crab with zero hurt factor. I want Shiel.

Fair enough. I am sure that in a few years time we will be grateful for our patience.

TA

If true, hope it is a low enough pick help to get Shiel so we keep our first next season for a shot at Kelly, we already have pick 25 or so to use for McGovern.

I think if Shiel leaves and comes to us, and with a few more leaving as well Id suspect, whether retiring like Griffin or other trades and delistments, I reckon GWS will start looking at extending contracts and re-signing the likes of Kelly, Coniglio, Hopper, Haynes etc and avoid a big raid on their players in 2019 as much as they can. Just my take on it.

I think if Shiel leaves and comes to us, and with a few more leaving as well Id suspect, whether retiring like Griffin or other trades and delistments, I reckon GWS will start looking at extending contracts and re-signing the likes of Kelly, Coniglio, Hopper, Haynes etc and avoid a big raid on their players in 2019 as much as they can. Just my take on it.

Well there is already suggestions that Finlayson, Shiel, Lobb, Setterfield will perhaps be traded.. maybe others too. If they were to happen, especially Shiel/Lobb, surely that would free up quite a bit for them.

Well said.
Would just love to see what he could produce with a full preseason under his belt.

I am struggling to buy into this argument. Personally, I just don't think he is going to be the player people are expecting him to be. He will be a nice piece but not much more IMO. Dow and Fisher are already ahead of him in my eyes. If Im proven wrong that's great, but I just don't see it right now.

Preparing myself for another trade period where we dont land a gun mature midfielder. Gaff, Shiel, Coniglio... I dont care. SOS better stop pulling his punches and get something done.
We got an absolute gun last year in Dow! Add Walsh this year and damn the future looks bright no matter what else happens during this offseason

Godfather offers are a thing of the past. They can Gagf with old Carlton. Rubbish way to manage a list now.

Given it's a quiet weekend,

What will you consider a 'pass' mark (you can go first passmark) for the upcoming trade period?

- Keep pick 1
- Receive a PP good enough to get McGovern
- Setterfield for second-rounder
- Fasolo for nothing

I will be happy with that. Anything else is icing
Getting MM for free and Setterfield for huge unders would be a dream not a pass

Where has it been reported that our offer has not been good enough?

Has Shiel personally told you he won’t be coming to Carlton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back