Bluemour Discussion Thread XI - Facts Not Welcome

Under what circumstances will you be happy to trade for Shiel?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How did Hawthorn benefit? They got a good assistant coach which just maybe is all Ratts ever was.

Anyway, we can't do much about all that now, we are better served by looking forward rather than back.

Like Hardwick, Buckley, Thompson, I believe Ratts had served a long 'apprenticeship' with dips in there but was on the verge of becoming an accomplished coach with a renewal of assistants. Him staying an assistant is more to do with his son's sad demise and him not wanting the extra pressure. Message is there days the head coach is not the be all and end all if he is willing to bring new ideas/people. Ratts was up for it.

Bell, Menzel and Buckley haven’t done much better, Robinson also hasn’t really hurt either.
We got 2 wins... two... that is 20 losses. The list management farce of 2010 to start of 2015 still hurting us. None of it has helped us....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Followed Carlton as a kid...,

Yeah sure I understand that. Im really struggling to find spots for the midfield names that keep getting thrown up. I can see a Setterfield or Brodie situation. I cant see a both of them situation unless Shiel isn't coming. Even then, I find Setterfield and Brodie basically the same player anyway.

As someone who doesnt live in Melbourne, what is the public transport like around the ground? That would be the killer as far as possible redevelopment goes I would imagine.
Pretty good.

Tram line right out front. (Royal Pde)
Another tram line about a 5min walk away. (Lygon St)
Bus line about 5min away as well. (Brunswick Rd)
Train Station about a 10min walk away. (Zoo)
Another train station being built (1-2years) 2.1km away. (University, I think it's going to be called)

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know from a pretty reliable source, who were sponsoring the club at the time. That Elliot had an agreement with the State Government (Kennet) at the time to redevelop the ground. However for those that can recall, he lost the next election which was a massive surprise and the new Government (Bracks) turfed the proposal and basically screwed Carlton.

Ah yes, that Election Day was THE preliminary final.

Ricky Nixon tweets are more free-form word association then informed rumours.

Wouldn't trust him to tell me the time of day, let alone the inner workings of the club.

Even a broken watch is right twice a day.

All this tells me is that Ricky Nixon reads BigFooty.

Hi Ricky.

Pretty good.

Tram line right out front. (Royal Pde)
Another tram line about a 5min walk away. (Lygon St)
Bus line about 5min away as well. (Brunswick Rd)
Train Station about a 10min walk away. (Zoo)
Another train station being built (1-2years) 2.1km away. (University, I think it's going to be called)

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Seems far better than what I was thinking it would be. Cheers for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back