Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a reason we are assuming it’s this years first needed for Papley?

All reports I’ve read suggests this years draft is average, next year is supposedly better & Sydney has academy prospects.

Is the pick and trading of future picks around Sydney preferring next years first over this years & obviously then under the rules that makes Martin an issue as it’s assumed that’s next years second.

If the reports on the draft are accurate, it maybe Sydney is willing to take a risk that pick 8 slides out, as they see 2020 pick 10-11 being better than 2019 pick 8

If given the opportunity I’d give any and every opposition player a medical.

1. You never know what’s going to happen be prepared
2. If you don’t take him, he goes somewhere else, you might eventually be playing against him and have a great idea where his body is at
3. Chat to him, he might let something slip about an opposition team or one of his current teammates that might come in handy
If we are putting potential recruits through medical just to suss out other players, then there really must be something amiss with our recruiting, not to mention the waste of dollars that has to be allocated in footy dept spending regs.

If we are putting potential recruits through medical just to suss out other players, then there really must be something amiss with our recruiting, not to mention the waste of dollars that has to be allocated in footy dept spending regs.
Please you get a yearly contract with an outside medical company, fixed fee then you get as many as you want. You aren’t talking massive dollars.

Why wouldn’t you talk to and medical test even the remote possibility so you are ready just incase come Trade week? Even if it’s the most unlikely outcome, things happen fast we’ve seen it before and most players are off on end of season trips come trade time, so why not take the opportunity to line up as many ducks and have as much information as possible

Small fwd who's just kicked 37 goals in a bottom four side, about to hit his prime, never played less than 20 games in a year and plays in a position we desperately need quality in - against a key defender, albeit young young and talented, with injury issues and averages about 14-15 games a year.... I'll take the small fwd.

Context is important here. The 'key position players are more valuable than smalls' mantra can't be applied to every situation...

In the schoolyard you pick the best player and yes you’d take Papley. Trading out a player like Marchbank somewhat against his will could be damaging when we’re trying to build a culture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the schoolyard you pick the best player and yes you’d take Papley. Trading out a player like Marchbank somewhat against his will could be damaging when we’re trying to build a culture.
Yep, I'm not questioning that at all. Just think that if the hypothetical Marchy for Papley trade was to take place we'd stand to gain more than we'd lose in terms of quality of player.

Whilst I think Marchbank is outstanding, and I’d prefer he stay, you start weighing up if either of the Silvagni’s could play a role down back.

We’re starting to get options, which is a good problem to have.
Marchbank ain't going anywhere. He and Weitering read the play so well down back, they will both be the leaders of our backline for the next decade. It would be a Josh kennedy mistake if he were to be traded out!

We should erect a bronze statue of Dododo outside of Princes Park.

He paid overs to get Shiel to his club...we missed out of course, kept our 2018 and 2019 1st round picks, and subsequently landed Slammin' Sammy and Stocker, and still have a 1st round pick this year.

Jack Martin was reportedly just about over the line to go to * last year until they turned their attention to Shiel during the trade period, and it all fell over. Thanks for helping get Martin to the Blues.

Trading with Swans after Daniher leaves them, paving the way for Papley to get to Carlton....more than likely with our pick 8, which we only have because * got Shiel, and we kept our draft picks.

So Dododo....we thank you for Walsh...and Stocker....and Martin....and potentially Papley, through your shrewd Shiel trade.

God bless you, sir :)

We should bronze an erect statue of Dododo outside of Princes Park.

He paid overs to get Shiel to his club...we missed out of course, kept our 2018 and 2019 1st round picks, and subsequently landed Slammin' Sammy and Stocker, and still have a 1st round pick this year.

Jack Martin was reportedly just about over the line to go to * last year until they turned their attention to Shiel during the trade period, and it all fell over. Thanks for helping get Martin to the Blues.

Trading with Swans after Daniher leaves them, paving the way for Papley to get to Carlton....more than likely with our pick 8, which we only have because * got Shiel, and we kept our draft picks.

So Dododo....we thank you for Walsh...and Stocker....and Martin....and potentially Papley, through your shrewd Shiel trade.

;)

I always thought if push comes to shove and Swans asked for more than pick 8 for Papley due to his long contract that I'd accept pick 8 plus Macreadie for him but pick 8 plus Marchbank not sure I would be keen on.
There’s no way you’d do that trade. Pick 8 is more than enough as is Marchbank on his own.

I’m starting to think the Swines can GGF

I'm not worried, they can do what they like, we will get the players we are after, and don't really care what anyone else does with their list or picks.

Knowing Dodo, he will just waste them on Vanilla Half Back Flankers anyway.
[/QUOTE]

DoDo WISHES he had vanilla ...

#LOVEWALSHY

We should erect a bronze statue of Dododo outside of Princes Park.

Haha so true...should put this on the Essendon board.

Gotta say there's been quite a few apparently near misses that have all turned out to be blessings in disguise.
Off top of my head Carlisle, Prestia, Rockliff & Shiel. Maybe Prestia would have worked out.

If missing out on Shiel paved the way for us to net Stocker, Martin & Papley that's a huge win.

“Yes his neck needs a little bit of work, but we’re very positive he’ll make a full recovery, thanks for the concern.....”
Beep beep beep beep beep.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back