Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re too tall. Which works with the narrow GMHBA but not at the G. They need more pace off HB. I’d drop Taylor and Kolodjashnij for constable and Parsons.
I rate Constable but he’s an inside mid and hardly someone you’d bring in to inject pace off hb...

I rate Constable but he’s an inside mid and hardly someone you’d bring in to inject pace off hb...
Yeah I admit. It’s not like for like. But it’s all they have for VFL players that should be playing AFL. Blicavs can return to FB. Stanley should come in to ruck. Constable gets the spot on ball. I don’t really want to be talking about how to improve Geelong on here though.

I just remember the opposition constantly dragging him to the goal square and kicking goals on him. Lol. The best is that Fox Footy analysis clip with Kingy talking to the Pies players about tactics, all of the highlights were against Plowman. But can play small!
Seems as though you remember it so well, give us names. I recall Plowman playing very well on good forwards including AA Charlie Cameron.
Every defender concedes goals. I recall SOS getting some absolute baths but Plowman can hold his head high IMHO. He had many more wins than losses against his opponents.

I kinda think we have been to the well too many times with GWS. Bonar is a no for me.

I don't care where they come from as long as they improve the list and we get a half decent deal...

Does your carlton backline win a premiership does it? No. four talls and no Newman or Simpson. This backline loses nearly every inside 50 to richmond. ALL OF THEM in the wet.
Plowman gets hate every year until he takes on Dusty/ Danger/ De Goey/ any other mid to forward and holds his own or does great. Unbelievably valuable. Don't think of the Plow as just a tall, he's ambidextrous and undervalued at the moment like Ed used to be

I wouldn't back any Carlton player to beat Tomlinson in a time trial - but then again I know the family. They are all runners - his sister was a genuine world class middle distance runner as a teenager

I wish we had a player(s) that was an elite runner, from a family of athletes including a super fit sister...

images (41).jpeg

:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plowman gets hate every year until he takes on Dusty/ Danger/ De Goey/ any other mid to forward and holds his own or does great. Unbelievably valuable. Don't think of the Plow as just a tall, he's ambidextrous and undervalued at the moment like Ed used to be
Once again. Please read previous posts. I’m not talking about Plowman. I’m talking about Marchbank. I want plow, Weit and jones as the back 3 with smalls to complement.

Once again. Please read previous posts. I’m not talking about Plowman. I’m talking about Marchbank. I am want plow, Weit and jones as the back 3 with smalls to complement.
What’s not to like about Marchbank except his injuries so far?

Once again. Please read previous posts. I’m not talking about Plowman. I’m talking about Marchbank. I am want plow, Weit and jones as the back 3 with smalls to complement.
I didn't read the previous, apologies, but point still stands that I think Jones, Weitering, Marchbank and Plow will all fit comfortably best 22. Jones takes on the number one forward due to his athleticism and strength, Weitering 2nd so he can drift and command the backline, Marchbank and Plow on the third and the float depending on the matchup. All have the ability to chop and change bar Jones and will be such a weapon for a coach who is happy to move the magnets around when something isn't working.

Nothing. Just doesn’t fit in the best 3. And I think 4 is too much in this day and age. He replaces jones when he’s done. If he can wait.
Yeah fair enough 4 talks isn’t going to be the perfect mix against all opposition sides but I guess that’s why we have coaches to make that call and mix things up to get the best 22 each week. Marchbank & Weitering are both great marks and I could see either one playing further up the ground when asked. I’m loving the mix of big blokes we have atm we just need time for these blokes to bulk up, get more preseasons under their belts and play more together as a unit. We’ll never be a force til we get a settled back 6-7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back