Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do butler, Martin and Papley walk straight into our best 22?
And if so who goes out?

Ps. I think they do, well Martin and Papley definately

When have we ever had our best 22 in any given year play a game?

They would all be in the best 25-30 and considering the typical injury/form related issues every team has every year, that pretty guarantees them a game every week they are fit.

But if we wanted to pick players they might push down the list of a top 30, I would say

Papley > Gibbons
Martin > LOB
Butler > DeLuca

Not sure why we are looking for a ruckman tbh, Phillips is more than handy enough to cover Kruze and TDK has shown he will be the number 1 ruckman for us in a couple of years. I know Phillips (big red as I call him) has had injury concerns but if we can get him to stay fit it would be perfect. Same with Kruze though I guess haha

We are screaming out for a decent ruck cover. Phillips isn’t the answer and TDK needs a couple more pre seasons! And we have to factor in that the tractor isn’t going to play every game!

Great news — we trade marchbank Sydney for there 2nd- we use it for Martin . We trade our first papley- Sydney use it and one more to get daniher- we trade next year first for Laird Adelaide use it and one more for Grundy 7yr deal —- collingwood have there new number one ruck —- we all happy 😃 😂.

Cannot see Marchbank being traded as just heard Cripps say tonight he’s the one player he expects to improve the most next year

Still keen on Max Lynch in the ruck rotations?
I guess its obvious Collingwood aint....he'll likely get delisted if they jag Cameron through the trade period.

Had a blinder when the NB's played their VFL team earlier this year, but looking at the results during the year, didn't appear at all in the best players. Doubtful at best you'd reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who else at the Saints is taking big money? They wouldn't have been paying 100% of the salary cap for years so would have a lot banked and if Steven goes they would battle to get to the minimum salary cap.

Hill is the exact player they need and well worth the money IMO
Problem is some think they are worth that much when they are clearly not

We are screaming out for a decent ruck cover. Phillips isn’t the answer and TDK needs a couple more pre seasons! And we have to factor in that the tractor isn’t going to play every game!

Not sure, can’t see why TDK can’t start pushing for regular senior games. Others have certainly started cementing themselves in the 1’s as a ruck option in season#3. Confidence builder to feel they belong and can mix it (though minus some core strength).
Big pre-season won’t hurt, and then another for a prime run at it.

Maybe we simply don't need the 'leverage' any more.

Can't for the life of me get excited for a 25 year old who's played one whole game. TDK has played more and has a lot more to add.

Keep Phillips as back-up, add another year of proper development into TDK and being well, we'll be in a good position. Never understood the love for Cameron
Exactly Harker keep the boys we have win more games the next two seasons and a big banger ruckman will beg to come play on our list 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back