Bluemour Melting Pot XXI - Like seriously, the polar ice caps have got nothing on us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreeing to a swap of picks now, allowing GCS to get pick 9, is going to come across as though we erred in not getting a similar deal done earlier. It would have to be clearly in our favour to justify it a month so after trade week. Even more-so because Demons have already said they wont select him if he doesn’t want to go there.

Why?

Joe is a free agent and the bombers will be at the end of their toothpaste tube when it comes to key position players by the end of next year

Hooker, Hurley etc are getting on

Because, similar to Crows with Dangerfield, Dodoro will probably use the leverage he has in JD’s restricted free agent status to get as much as he can through a trade.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hope that's not the case...we've all been impressed by Liddle so far looking from the outside. I hope he's not over-stepping his boundaries.

SOS also was part of us biting the bullet and going hardcore rebuild mode which i think in hindsight we'll see was the right decision to get all the young talent we have right now. It would have kept the wolves at bay, but no point in being 'competitive' and languishing mid-table like your Essendons/Port/North etc...and actually in the end the fans get sick of finishing mid-table and bay for blood anyway.

It's all about the premiership and SOS has set us up on the right path list wise. Also, we're likely to get Martin soon and after next year's trade period, it's a real possibility we could have a Papley & Wines on our list, or similarly good players. They want to come.
And all the so called media experts that liked sinking the boots in are also now acknowledging that our list has got potential +++ and going places. again who put it all together.

People who believe the reason we haven't won a premiership in the last few years is due to the recruitment of Finbar, or Mullet & O'shea etc. need a reality check. Some of these recruits (exclude Finbar) were brought in to fill gaps for a year or so whilst the kids graduated from Kinda to primary school.

Thanks tcp, I’d talk turkey, let’s see the offer, otherwise waste of time with this lot.
I would not do it unless they offer 15+20+Martin delisted so we can sign him as a DFA and not have to "risk" him in any draft, for picks 9+43 or a future 2nd rounder or similar...........if they want it, make em pay for stuffing us around at the trades........!!! :devil:

Agreeing to a swap of picks now, allowing GCS to get pick 9, is going to come across as though we erred in not getting a similar deal done earlier. It would have to be clearly in our favour to justify it a month so after trade week. Even more-so because Demons have already said they wont select him if he doesn’t want to go there.
Or, it's a AFL orchestrated face saving gesture aimed at having an amicable resolution to the Martin deal where all parties end up as model participants.

Because, similar to Crows with Dangerfield, Dodoro will probably use the leverage he has in JD’s restricted free agent status to get as much as he can through a trade.

Crows did not screw him over.

Plus danger is the only player who has done that.

Or, it's a AFL orchestrated face saving gesture aimed at having an amicable resolution to the Martin deal where all parties end up as model participants.

Yes, sometimes an unfulfilled threat of a whack with a 4b2 can be a more powerful deterrent than the whack itself; might realise the hit wasn’t so bad. AFL might not want to have its GCS redrafting scenario tested. An orchestrated resolution might be best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't really care that GCS didn't want to trade Martin. Hope we get him though. But in saying that, id trade 9 and our 2020 2nd for their 15, 20 and their 2020 pick 11.

Really keen for us to have 2x1sts next year

Coming first twice rocks!

Don't really care that GCS didn't want to trade Martin. Hope we get him though. But in saying that, id trade 9 and our 2020 2nd for their 15, 20 and their 2020 pick 11.

Really keen for us to have 2x1sts next year
Would provide great trade leverage for a big fish or two if that were to occur.

The best recruiter in the AFL is widely agreed to be Stephen Wells by many/all in the industry. Last I heard his strike rate was circa 55% for above X games (apologies can’t remember). I won’t do a comparison. The point is this isn’t a science (yet). List managers and recruiters make mistakes (actually that’s an unfair term, they don’t nail every pick). What SOS has done will go down in Carlton history as a time that restored this great club.

Very hard to compare hits and misses from various recruiters as they don't have the same assets to work with, Wells will have his % but what picks has he had to work with?
Im a big fan of how SOS engineered picks to get top end talent through the door and i only have issue with a small amount of guys he has brought in, im not sold on his work in the later rounds though and his talent identification

G’day Baggers what’s happening

Joints melting … team hasn't come on … still a bottom feeder ..

Some campaigners are pissed at the help Non Vic clubs get ...

Our late picks are rubbish circa Hughes days ….

SOS is cooked ...

In fighting in the SLT (Senior Leadership team)

Dunno how is your day going chiller chicky!??!? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back