Bluemour Melting Pot XXI - Like seriously, the polar ice caps have got nothing on us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We're hopeful on Papley"

"We're hopeful on Jack Martin"

"Won't necessarily go down to the wire, hopefully happens quicker rather than later"

"In discussions with Hawthorn for Pittonet, hopeful we can get that done"

Stephen "The Hopeful" Silvagni

to me that’s the type of language that says everything’s going to be wrapped up regarding Papley, Martin and now Pittonet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have McEvoy and Ceglar as mature ruckmen.

Pittonet is only 23 but Hawthorn think he's improved recently to the point where he'd be ready to fight for the no.1 spot.
That’s trade talk, but the kid has dominated at VFL level but is way way behind Ceglar.

He is a decent tap ruckman and when he tackles he hurts them, but he is lumbering and for a Big guy he has very small hands (that’s a Hawk board in joke about his inability to take a mark)

We also have young Reeves on our rookie list who is developing nicely.

My take on it was they were fattening him up for a trade and now they have a bite.

Last edited:
How can you make that judgement when you don’t know what the cost is?

Cart before horse......

Safely assume it wouldn’t be cheap.

Contracted, captain and unexpected.

Anything less than a 1st and 2nd round draft pick would be very unlikely.

That’s trade talk, but the kid has dominated at VFL level but is way way behind Ceglar.

He is a decent tap ruckman and when he tackles he hurts them, but he is lumbering and for a Big guy he has very small hands (that’s a Hawk board in joke about his inability to take a mark)

My take on it was they were fattening him up for a trade and now they have a bite.

Ricky Mott likes this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back