Bluemour Melting Pot XXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like the type who can deliver hard truths. He does point the finger at times, so if he gets that out of his game, he's a good a candidate as any on the list.
I wouldn't have thought so last season, but the way he spoke after the filth win was hugely impressive.

Its the only time ive considered someone other than Crippa.

Jake's a bloody rippa!

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm sure that it will come up but I still believe that every department should be reviewed on a rotating basis at regular intervals, reviews shouldn't be held just at crisis points, every five years or so would be good. I'd like to see us being more proactive than reactive.

OK, that's kind of a different point though.

Have to look at your list, and the timing of the inclusions in real time. Jack Martin is a guy you're happy to have if he's one of the better players in your bottom 12, but we are paying him to be more than that.

McGovern's contract is currently a millstone, and he may never get fit enough or be injury to put a string of good games together. Realistically he hasn't even got close at The Blues.

I can see us retaining Williams next year, but he has been disappointing. Even at the 750k we are not going close to breaking even if we get a similar formline.

You never want to go full Malthouse and delist players who are in your best 22, or trade them for a pittance, but there are always shades of grey. I'd contemplate moving someone like Martin on for around Pick 20.

Agreed. I am still bullish on Mcgovern however. We havent seen anywhere near enough from him but there is a mix of speed, size, goal kicking accuracy and campaigner that is still a need on the list.

I'm not sure where the love affair with SOS as a list manager came from. In hindsight he was bog ordinary.

List management aside; I’d love to see him pull the pants down on Liddle after the way he was shafted. * Liddle and MLG.

I’m a romantic at heart.

We’re s**t on the field so let’s have some off field drama.

I'm not sure where the love affair with SOS as a list manager came from. In hindsight he was bog ordinary.
He did really bloody well with limited draft picks and bugger all valuable commodities to trade.

He brought in a few that were never staying long to get the ones he wanted.
We have had a wretched run with injury in that time also.

We turned over almost our whole list in a few preseasons, sacked a coach and look like we're about to sack another and everyone wonders why we haven't gelled yet with the new coach after 36 covid affected games.

Maybe he is, maybe he isn't the man for the job, but he's not been given half a chance due to Carlton impatience and media pressure which is unjust.

Sos did about as good as could have under the circumstances and its still far too early to say he failed.

I don't think so. No list manager/recruiter has had a better strike rate of 2 of 3 selections over their tenure, so I would rate him as industry standard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder which club would be keen though? He was really good in parts last year, but hardly put together one 4-quarter performance. Development has been treacle slow otherwise, and he's now in his 5th year. Clock is ticking for him to become a decent footballer.

I'm genuinely struggling to think of one option.
Werribee, Port, Franga???

Agreed. I am still bullish on Mcgovern however. We havent seen anywhere near enough from him but there is a mix of speed, size, goal kicking accuracy and campaigner that is still a need on the list.
Agree wholeheartedly!

When he's the third or fourth forward behind Harry and Charlie, maybe the Jacks depending on form, and depending on him getting fit and finding form, he'll destroy oppo defences.

Hes almost at that age to blossom.
His brother was a latish bloomer too.

Opoo coaches double up on Mitch and who takes Charlie and Harry etc etc.

We just need those blokes fit, and its a total different kettle of fish.

Imaging Teaguey thinking, "i just need to see 'that' for a period and we're right'.

Poor bugger

Agree with the candidate. Not sure i agree with your statement that he will be captain in 2022
He'll be 24 in December won't he? Would be the perfect age to make him the captain.

Been told Teague is done. Similarly to what others have already posted here today, he’ll coach out the year and that’ll be all she wrote.

VERY lucrative carrot to be dangled in front of Clarkson. Board believes he is gettable. Lyon/ Scott secondary.
This may sound ridiculous, but I’d prefer Lyon/Scott to Clarko.
Under no circumstances do I want us having to dangle a massive carrot to someone to convince them to coach us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back