Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

Why does he have to? Perhaps a tease for next week’s Trade Radio conversation. He was right in saying we have to engineer a deal, Saad has a contract, albeit restricted, so it incumbent upon us to adequately compensate otherwise he plays for * or takes his chances in the draft.
He doesn’t have to but is surely paid pretty good money to answer questions and would obviously have opinion on his worth
I was genuinely interested to hear is valuation any temp in office could tell you Carlton has to compensate Essendon
We all know the facts he finished 3rd in Bnf he’s a hbf I felt like he was choosing to hide the value

Maybe, but ceo is ceo. Big boss.
CEO shouldn't have * all to do with list management in any way shape or form, it is not his field and he has NFI what he is doing in that space.

It wouldn't want to happen again or I'd be asking for his resignation, leave the football people to the football matters and stick to the stuff you are paid to do.

Pointlessly bold statement.

Well, if everybody bolded their statements like that it'd make it easier for me to read at least, apart from that yes, pointless, it didn't make me want to pay any more attention than usual.

This whole Cameron Mexican standoff is going to hold up The Trade Period for a while I think. I don't think the Giants are being unreasonable in asking for decent compensation. Would be funny if he ended up in the PSD tbh :)

Cats will cough a reasonable pick and GWS will take it. GWS need the salary cut and will not want him gone for nothing. Geelong will not risk cameron bing picked up by almost any club with a pick in the PSD before them.

All along I have been an advocate of Austin and for fair trading...
With us supposedly becoming a destination club and a big fish coming...

But fu** it... If two HBFers is all Austin has the ability to get, might as well have some entertainment with Saad to the PSD...

Sorry but Sexton rumours really don't do it for me :'(
Austin is doing well; thus far.

I would love an Alex Sexton. I think he is the perfect Coy up forward. He would be what we wanted MM to be.

He would be very hard to match up on and will get the 3rd or 4th best defender on him.

But fu** it... If two HBFers is all Austin has the ability to get, might as well have some entertainment with Saad to the PSD...

You've lost your mind. :)

I don't care if it's two foot masseurs we recruit if they make the difference.
We've somehow heard SOS today and reduced the value of HBF's to a last stop saloon. It's not that at all.

We've just taken on 2 types we need. This is important and more important than taking on better credentialed players we don't need.

Ok let’s review. So SOS is dumb enough or too emotional to resist going on a show hosted by two Carlton haters. One is from Melbourne and his recent ethical, moral and health issues are well known. The other is from a club that is currently on the ropes partly because one of its better players wants to come to Carlton and Watson and * are traditional enemies of Carlton. Lyon and Watson played SOS for a fool. The interview was booked in for 15 mins with ads but it went for 45 mins with ads.
Why should the club bother responding to it and all media enquiries about it?
As for Jack, I hope the club doesn’t punish him for the sins of the father and it gives him appropriate reassurance.

Why does he have to? Perhaps a tease for next week’s Trade Radio conversation. He was right in saying we have to engineer a deal, Saad has a contract, albeit restricted, so it incumbent upon us to adequately compensate otherwise he plays for * or takes his chances in the draft.
Saad is Out of Contract

Have heard none but not sure why we'd want another Fwd anyway...?

Of course it happens in workplaces all over the country, the ones that lack ongoing profitability/success

Overruling would suggest some form of communication, by all reports that didn't even eventuate

Your first sentence is generalised rubbish. Bosses in all organisations have to overrule employees regularly. You reckon Twiggy Forest has never overruled his employees?

As for the second sentence I'm guessing "by all reports" refers to SOS's opinion and, hopefully, the club will let sleeping dogs lie and we will never hear their counter arguments. I would assume that very few outside the club would know the full story of what went down and neither they should.

And overruling doesn't in any way indicate failure to communicate which, BTW is a two way function.

Speculation by us is just a waste of time and has just taken up countless pages that I can't be bothered reading.

CEO shouldn't have fu** all to do with list management in any way shape or form, it is not his field and he has NFI what he is doing in that space.

It wouldn't want to happen again or I'd be asking for his resignation, leave the football people to the football matters and stick to the stuff you are paid to do.

I'll leave it to the football club to sort it out, none of us knows the real story. None of us are experts in running professional football clubs either.

Let's face it when it boils down to it, the only reason we are even talking about this is that the employee who had his employment terminated happened to be a Silvagni.

People depart footy clubs all the time due to all types of situations and sometimes for nothing more than they can't get along or work together.

The footy department isn't an autonomous branch of the club, the CEO oversees all club operations.

I appreciate the job SOS did as our list manager for 5 years, he did what he was paid to do in a competent manner which was very important for us.
He laid the foundations, it's now on others to build upon that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your first sentence is generalised rubbish. Bosses in all organisations have to overrule employees regularly. You reckon Twiggy Forest has never overruled his employees?

As for the second sentence I'm guessing "by all reports" refers to SOS's opinion and, hopefully, the club will let sleeping dogs lie and we will never hear their counter arguments. I would assume that very few outside the club would know the full story of what went down and neither they should.

And overruling doesn't in any way indicate failure to communicate which, BTW is a two way function.

Speculation by us is just a waste of time and has just taken up countless pages that I can't be bothered reading.

You think Twiigy Forest would overrule a situation without communication? You are kidding yourself.

Ok let’s review. So SOS is dumb enough or too emotional to resist going on a show hosted by two Carlton haters. One is from Melbourne and his recent ethical, moral and health issues are well known. The other is from a club that is currently on the ropes partly because one of its better players wants to come to Carlton and Watson and * are traditional enemies of Carlton. Lyon and Watson played SOS for a fool. The interview was booked in for 15 mins with ads but it went for 45 mins with ads.
Why should the club bother responding to it and all media enquiries about it?
As for Jack, I hope the club doesn’t punish him for the sins of the father and it gives him appropriate reassurance.

That's one perspective. Not too many identifiable facts there though.

Agreed but big bodies ready to go I guess.

Dunstan seems to be a bit hard done by but I’m sure there is deficiencies

Eh i'd honestly rather just keep Kennedy for cheaper than Dunstan or Ross if I had to choose.

Also if the club really do think Dow will be ready next year, there should be no need and no room for either of those Saints players.
And it would be nice if one of Dow/Stocker/Philp etc could do a Butters and become a best 22 contributor.

That's one perspective. Not too many identifiable facts there though.
There are many facts stated. What do you mean by the expression “identifiable facts”? Do you mean “indisputable facts”? If so, I’d be happy to bear the burden of proving those facts if I was required to do so in a Court. Anyway in this forum we are just expressing opinions.

There are many facts stated. What do you mean by the expression “identifiable facts”? Do you mean “indisputable facts”? If so, I’d be happy to bear the burden of proving those facts if I was required to do so in a Court. Anyway in this forum we are just expressing opinions.

There is a fair bit of a persecution complex happening here. You are speculating as to what SOS was sold and what he ended up being presented with. You saw him on Footy Classified. He's a smart operator and he answers what he wants to answer and how he wants to answer it. You painted a narrative to try to make SOS look stupid. He's not stupid.

Someone says something you don't like = let's denigrate his intelligence. A little lazy perhaps?

And you know there was communication, how? You see, it works both ways, yeah?

Back to Twiigy though. You think he would overrule an employee without being clear from the initial discussion?

Might work both ways for you but I don't make judgements based on one side of a story.

And of course I think Twiggy, or any boss worth a damn, would give his people the opportunity to make their point before overruling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back