Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Saad is an A grade back flanker. Name 10 better?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Oh please, I really want to waste my time with semantics.
He ain’t an a grader in any books.
Elite, A-grade, B-grade> etc
He’s a B.
Name your 10 best Sakes with sashimi, sheeshuz on stilts.
Drink the kool-aid if ya want l, just leave me out of it, I like being out of it!👍

People remember Moneyball right?

Imagine things through that lens for a second.

Do you overpay to get a player who is considerably more impactful than the replacement OR walk away, gamble in the draft and do some other smaller deals.

To me, in our position, you want to make a play to jump us into the 8.

Value on the trade table matters less if you are already underpaying your own talent (Cripps, Walsh, C. Curnow, Mckay) because they want to stay
That's not moneyball.
"Using statistical analysis, small-market teams can compete by buying assets that are undervalued by other teams and selling ones that are overvalued by other teams. "

I would phrase it more delicately than that.

I would tell them to **** off.

Would rather us not get Saad than give in to Dumbledoro and Essingtin's unreasonable demands.

They are getting generously compensated for Daniher, Adrian be reasonable, you noodle brained charlatan
And that is exactly it. Our future doesnt depend on Saad. If it happens great. But he aint the next Jezza.

edit.
Incidentally for the younger ones among us Jezza was in fact a terrific half back/back pocket in his latter years. Premiership captain coach from there.

Last edited:
That's not moneyball.
"Using statistical analysis, small-market teams can compete by buying assets that are undervalued by other teams and selling ones that are overvalued by other teams. "
A) we are not a small team

B) my point was we can afford to overpay

C) big teams still dominate MLB and the Oakland A's never did win with the strategy.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not trade related (sorry)
1. Virgin Australia won’t be one of our major sponsors next year. We are actively searching for the next one.
2. Despite the tumultuous year, we will report a break-even profit.
Didn't Liddle say on the club video recently that Virgin actually made money from their sponsorship deal with us and are looking to extend the deal further?
If they made money from the deal, why would they end it?
Not sure about your post.

there is only 36 starting back flankers. An A grade would be in the top 10%, so top 3 and a .6 of one so say 4

whitfield
Hurn
Houli
All 3 are AA over the last 3 years. Is Saad next?

sorry missed 2020 AAs in Nick Hayne and Darcy Bryne Jones too

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would we ever consider giving them Pick 7? Let Dodo sweat right to the end.

We offer pick 27 and keep 7 for a very good young player. If Dodo doesn't budge we keep waiting until the final hour. We then offer next year's 2nd. Together under the AFL draft index they add up to Pick 13 on points. Let's add 5 to be conservative. So it's equivalent to Pick 18. A very fair trade.

If they don't accept, Saad has already offered to go through draft. Although it wouldn't get to this because he wouldn't knock back 2 x 2nds

At worst (best) we end up with Williams, Saad & a low pick to get another good youngster. Meantime, we get games into Dow, Kemp, Stocker. We still have Ed Curnow, Murphy & Kennedy to help out Cripps for another year.

Next year we have plenty of cap to take Merrett off their hands as a free agent or get Oliver at a better currency.

Unless we can bring an A grader, let's go to the draft again.

If not offering pick 7 and only pick 27 to start of with and if this can stuff them up, all the better. We already have 2 targets in Williams & Saad.

Saad has had three games over 25 possessions in the last five years. Docherty, despite missing two full seasons, has had 31 games with over 25 disposals in the last five years. Saad is a decent player but let’s not talk him up as something he’s not just because Essendon supporters on BigFooty tell us to.

Hell hath no fury like a petulant ego scorned. Carrying on like a peanut is doing himself no favours. Quite surprised, thought he would have been above that.
Agreed.
No class.
Should just keep quiet on the matter and let the next bloke do his job. At least Shane kept his mouth shut and let SOS do his job.
If SOS has a problem he should go talk to the people involved and keep it out of the media, instead of lambasting the club publicly, and intentionally making his successors job more difficult than it needs to be.
Poor form and spiteful.
Was my favourite player, now my least favourite clubman.

What a horrible time to lose a major sponsor. Would be tough finding another in this climate, I'm glad Liddle is on the job, some might not like him but he's been nothing but terminator like in this area since joining the club.

What a horrible time to lose a major sponsor. Would be tough finding another in this climate, I'm glad Liddle is on the job, some might not like him but he's been nothing but terminator like in this area since joining the club.

when did we lose a sponsor? I’ve missed it

Can someone please give us an update on any assistant coaching changes for 2021?
Without a quality team supporting DT, we aint going anywhere

Why would we ever consider giving them Pick 7? Let Dodo sweat right to the end.

We offer pick 27 and keep 7 for a very good young player. If Dodo doesn't budge we keep waiting until the final hour. We then offer next year's 2nd. Together under the AFL draft index they add up to Pick 13 on points. Let's add 5 to be conservative. So it's equivalent to Pick 18. A very fair trade.

If they don't accept, Saad has already offered to go through draft. Although it wouldn't get to this because he wouldn't knock back 2 x 2nds

At worst (best) we end up with Williams, Saad & a low pick to get another good youngster. Meantime, we get games into Dow, Kemp, Stocker. We still have Ed Curnow, Murphy & Kennedy to help out Cripps for another year.

Next year we have plenty of cap to take Merrett off their hands as a free agent or get Oliver at a better currency.

Unless we can bring an A grader, let's go to the draft again.

If not offering pick 7 and only pick 27 to start of with and if this can stuff them up, all the better. We already have 2 targets in Williams & Saad.
I agree there no way id trade 7 for Saad
Offer 27 and one of Kennedy jsos
obrien or McGovern
7 should be only used for an elite midfielder
Use 7 on Will Phillips or Tanner Bruhn

If we don’t get a late first rounder coming back for 7 and Saad or we can’t do a deal with geelong/briz for 7, walk away.
Simple.
If Austin parts with 7 for Saad, he’ll have lost the majority in one period, regardless of what else falls our way.
7 is for elite talent, Saad is a mid range B-grader.

Austin is certainly playing for high stakes in his first trade period isn’t he.
If he rolls over to * he signs his own death certificate with the faithful but if he stands his ground and delivers a strong result for the club, he’ll enjoy very strong support from the masses ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back