Bluemour Melting Pot XXVIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time ever I have agreed with Mister Carlton

We lose our captain whom a large part of our 5 (now 6) year rebuild has been based around, right when we are meant to be competing

Cripps abandons ship because its harder than he thought it would be

Or wants to go home for personal reasons?

First time for everything. Not sure I would make a habit of it. ;)

We lose our captain whom a large part of our 5 (now 6) year rebuild has been based around, right when we are meant to be competing

Will be a significant blow if Cripps leaves, but hardly an embarrassment. This is very much the landscape now.

We will not be the first to lose a gun via free agency, nor will we be the last.

As for being embarrassing for Cripps, that is simply not the case. I can't think of a single reason as to why it would be.

That's a pretty big and ordinary accusation against someone who has literally carried our club on his shoulders for a number of years now.

The guy has been unbelievable for us yet already we have posters turning on him, now that is embarrassing.

No idea which way this goes, genuinely 50/50 I'd say at this stage, but I am fairly confident this has as much (if not more) to do with off field issues as it does what's happening on field.

I think it's far too simplistic to suggest he wants out at this stage because we are where we are at round 9. That's the sort of thing I expect to see in a Herald Sun headline.

Some of the comments are immature, parochial disconnected with reality, a players family and off filed stability is always first priority, as its always been.
Let’s hope all is well fir Cripps off field in every sense. No need to speculate it is what it is , but if Patrick decided to part ways, I wish him all the very best and I’m hoping we receive a top 5 pick at least , in a strong draft year.

Cripps is down, he seems to be trying to hard to find his place over the last 2 off seasons: bulk up, slim down, cardio. Don’t overthink it Russell and Crippa. Just do you, not any other player profile. That’s what the greats do.

Anyone who wants to suggest we are a better team with Cripps gone needs to have a good hard look in the mirror. Maybe not captain but certainly as a Bagger.

Cripps is down, he seems to be trying to hard to find his place over the last 2 off seasons: bulk up, slim down, cardio. Don’t overthink it Russell and Crippa. Just do you, not any other player profile. That’s what the greats do.

Anyone who wants to suggest we are a better team with Cripps gone needs to have a good hard look in the mirror. Maybe not captain but certainly as a Bagger.

We’re a better team when Cripps plays better football.

We’ll be in more games if he (and others) nail simple kicks on goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup if Zack Williams is on the salary suggested, he is a worry and Saad too not far behind him , both are approaching 27 yrs of age.
Hopefully both players improve their fitness and game contributions 2nd half on the season.

Yup if Zack Williams is on the salary suggested, he is a worry and Saad too not far behind him , both are approaching 27 yrs of age.
Hopefully both players improve their fitness and game contributions 2nd half on the season.
Saad has been fine in the face of a beaten midfield every week. Williams has a lot to prove, cute media pieces aside.

He’s just a class act, as a person and a footballer...
he’s certainly had he’s injury problems over the past few years, this year he’s putting his hand up to play under obvious duress for the love of his teammates and the club something you just have to admire about him...
no doubt it’s affecting him and us as a team he really needs a spell to help get the body right...

He’s just a class act, as a person and a footballer...
he’s certainly had he’s injury problems over the past few years, this year he’s putting his hand up to play under obvious duress for the love of his teammates and the club something you just have to admire about him...
no doubt it’s affecting him and us as a team he really needs a spell to help get the body right...
FFS - leave the guy alone, A 6'4" midfielder with grunt and hunger. Nicholls was the same height. We are blessed to have him. Our Nat Fyfe.

Some people have NFI.

First time for everything. Not sure I would make a habit of it. ;)

Will be a significant blow if Cripps leaves, but hardly an embarrassment. This is very much the landscape now.

We will not be the first to lose a gun via free agency, nor will we be the last.

As for being embarrassing for Cripps, that is simply not the case. I can't think of a single reason as to why it would be.

That's a pretty big and ordinary accusation against someone who has literally carried our club on his shoulders for a number of years now.

The guy has been unbelievable for us yet already we have posters turning on him, now that is embarrassing.

No idea which way this goes, genuinely 50/50 I'd say at this stage, but I am fairly confident this has as much (if not more) to do with off field issues as it does what's happening on field.

I think it's far too simplistic to suggest he wants out at this stage because we are where we are at round 9. That's the sort of thing I expect to see in a Herald Sun headline.
I appreciate having Cripps at our club, he works hard and gives it his all. But I hate the talk of him “carrying the team”, carried us to where exactly? Finals? Not yet, how many games have we won off his individual efforts and what difference has it really made. Also find it so disrespectful for the other 21 players each week who have to hear that.
Not taking aim at you, but I think that is the most over used and senseless saying.

Totally - losing Ward was an utter disaster for the Dogs.

Perfect time to drop him. We're a long shot to win this game anyway. He needs a rest. We have plenty of guys struggling to get a shot in the middle anyway, but we'd prefer to play an injured guy who isn't performing to his best (Levi says hi also).
Give him a few weeks off. Give Stocker, SPS, Gibbons, Cunners, Dow, Setters, Kennedy some more time in the guts.

I love Cripps but the game does appear to have gone past him (maybe it's just poor timing with the injury that's making it look that way) and he's just not our number one priority. Anything more than $800k and I'm happy for him to explore his options.
The line of yours ..."the game does appear to have gone past him" lol a trillion times😂

Criticize Cripps and his attitude all you want, but if the club announced he re-signed tomorrow, you would all be so happy, you would be 💩💩💩 your pants.

The amount of people that have come on here over the last few months and claimed that Patrick Cripps has told random friends of friends and his friends partners his plans for the future. I was starting to believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back