Bluemour Melting Pot XXX - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! šŸ”„ šŸ”„ šŸ”„

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what the cap situation is re how many we can afford to bring in, but I really hope the rumoured interest in Hewett from the Swans as a FA is true. He isnā€™t flashy but is a real honest mid who places a priority on tackling, pressure and clearances. Cerra would be the polish we need on the outside, but as ours is the shallowest midfield rotation in the league I wouldnā€™t think adding Cerra alone will raise us to the level we need to reach to improve.
All that said, we also need KPD depth and another ruck/fwd so there surely wonā€™t be the $$$ available to tick all boxes.
Agreed. Very keen but talk seems to have come out of the blue. Anyone have a reputable source?

Thatā€™s why Iā€™m a strong advocate for Bucks
Buckley had a terrible relationship with his players. Destroyed a list that made a GF. He worked really hard at it and managed to connect with his players for 1 season when things were going well. When things started to turn he reverted to his true type. His coaching early this year was terrible.

Cerra & Hewett and a Ruckman are urgent priorities, with these additions it will help other structures enormously and once we retain and distribute the ball form the middle effectively, our forwards will have a greater opportunity to kick a wining score.
And defenders do their job more effectively

Buckley had a terrible relationship with his players. Destroyed a list that made a GF. He worked really hard at it and managed to connect with his players for 1 season when things were going well. When things started to turn he reverted to his true type. His coaching early this year was terrible.
The game style Bucks coached seems like it would suit us but I agree with you.

While he seems to have matured a bit during his coaching tenure His handling of Trelor and Coaching through cultural racism puts a line through his name for me.

The game style Bucks coached seems like it would suit us but I agree with you.

While he seems to have matured a bit during his coaching tenure His handling of Trelor and Coaching through cultural racism puts a line through his name for me.
Aside from 1 year, Buckley's teams have had any semblance of flare coached out of them. His game plan suits no team that aspires to make finals.

Been away for a while, where are the Hewitt talks coming from? Would like to add him to our list. Very handy soldier.

4486c4750c24646dc85018e9459a5a35.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing about this review is that Russell seems to have gone under the radar, albeit there was a reference to him being overuled.

I think this is a bit of a surprise. I look at Cripps vs Pertracca and Russell seems to have tried to improve Cripps' running at the expense of his strength. Melbourne appear to have enhanced Pertracca's strength to his benefit.

To the eye, we had times when we appeared to run out of gas and later in games, and red zones of quarters, we didn't have the fitness to stick important tackles.

Don't have a view on whether Russell is the right guy or not, but am of the view there was enough anecdotal evidence to ask the question.

CB

Lyon's first year at Freo is instructive - will be some serious scrutiny in the first half of the year until the side clicks

It's interesting that people say this. The following is from Ross Lyon in Freo's 2012 year book:

IN 2012, we had a simple mantra of being fit and available and having a game style that we believed would stand up anywhere, anytime, against anyone. By round 1, excluding Anthony Morabito and the first year players, our top 30 players were fit and available and we started well. If you break the season up into thirds, over the first seven games we were 5-2, and it could have been 7-0. There were signs of us starting to play how we wanted to. There was a good balance between attack and defence and contested ball, which was pleasing. We were also able to win interstate, so there were some really good signs for us.

They actually started very well, off the back of a good run with injuries, after a horror year in 2011.

One thing about this review is that Russell seems to have gone under the radar, albeit there was a reference to him being overuled.

I think this is a bit of a surprise. I look at Cripps vs Pertracca and Russell seems to have tried to improve Cripps' running at the expense of his strength. Melbourne appear to have enhanced Pertracca's strength to his benefit.

To the eye, we had times when we appeared to run out of gas and later in games we didn't have the fitness to stick important tackles.

Don't have a view on whether Russell is the right guy or not, but am of the view there was enough anecdotal evidence to ask the question.

CB
Based on what I heard in various podcasts this week, he was given a bit of a ba k in your lane suggestion. He came to Carlton with a expanded "high performance" role beyond fitness and he has dedicated more time to psychological over physical development. Findings suggested that there needed so be greater symmetry in the focus on fitness and medical welfare per Sam Mclure who seems to be all over this space.

Been interested in Hewett for a while. Can play a number of roles. Started as a forward with good effect, moved to a tagging mid that found the pill with better disposal than Ed and can play as a lockdown back, that's great versatility

Been interested in Hewett for a while. Can play a number of roles. Started as a forward with good effect, moved to a tagging mid that found the pill with better disposal than Ed and can play as a lockdown back, that's great versatility

Also, generally wins his position. We need players that beat or at least donā€™t get beaten. The fact he loves to tackle is a bonus

To the eye, we had times when we appeared to run out of gas and later in games, and red zones of quarters, we didn't have the fitness to stick important tackles.

CB

Without checking the stats I believe we outran the opposition most games distance wise.
I think it ties more to an unsustainable game plan as opposed to fitness.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back