Bluemour Melting Pot XXXI - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, Cook is a much more important acquisition than Clarko. Even if he were to come in for three years, set us up, get our systems right, and then oversee a handover to a successor.

The both of them would be sensational though. Would change the course of history for this club
Agree cookie. We don't always so its nice. :thumbsu:

I reckon thered be a fair few people on this board that would 'sim season' in FIFA to skip to the results... that would want to know how their life turns out from a gypsy for the pure mystery.

Until they know. Then they'll be bored and find something else to want to know early.

Enjoy the mystery and embrace it. Weve likely got another 30d of this dance so don't spend all of your tickets at once. Go outside, smell the rain. You won't miss a formal announcement. It ain't coming tomorrow.

I love reading rumours but have to wonder if some rumours are counterproductive to getting the results we all want

Eg signing a great coach
A great CEO
A great player

In a perfectly run club the rumour wouldn’t happen it would just be announced after the fact.

You do realise it's not the club leaking this....right? Lots of parties involved. Golden rule, who benefits?

Yes a coach who has a very very good H&A season record but then is 1 win and 8 losses in the first week of finals, is horrendous, that’s why he only has one premiership, his brand of football doesn’t stand up in finals.

Im quite confident in that assessment.

The Golden State Warriors a few years ago went 72-10 during the season, they lost the grand final, LeBron James said something great afterwards, 72-10 don’t mean a thing, without that ring.

No one cares about a coaches H&A record, coaches and clubs are judged by winning premierships.
LBJ stole that from the Bulls 20 years beforehand. They won a premiership, made grand finals and prelims. 15 years of sustained success. Never fallen off a cliff despite all the “pundits” saying it would happen every year. I’m no Geelong fan but, I’d take that and happily rebuild. They happen quickly these days with the right plan and staff in place.

No I can’t. But the realisation that he can’t “Travel the World” during a Global pandemic has made him readjust his mindset. He will be our next Coach. 100%.
It’s not coming from the club…
Clarko would know travel situation though? Also looks like could well open up for global travel by mid 22?
Maybe that is a bit optimistic.

The only question I have is, if the club is being very quiet and secretive about the process. How is this getting out? So many people have said the same thing about clarko.

On CPH1951 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think the thing with Ross Lyon pulling out of the coaching role led me to think it still might be Clarko more so when the rumours that the club was after Cook.
Lyon said on Footy Classified that Clarko would be the Blues first choice of coach.
The club would be burnt at the stake if they were to bring in another untried senior coach after Teague.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This probably belongs in the Bluemour No Discussion thread.....

The deal with Clarko is done. The hold up is the Carlton polo for the press conference. The Carlton Shop do not stock this in the kids' range. We're in urgent discussions with Puma to get a tailored size. We've also contacted Bolts to see if he still has one.

Mods - PM for my source if you'd like

I don’t know who is leaking it. Do you?

And I am talking in general. We leak an awful lot and have had awful outcomes the past 20 years. QED.

I'm also talking in general. If you focus on why it would be leaked, and who benefits, you'll find the culprit(s) in most situations.

In this particular case it's clear Clarko leaks are to put pressure on the club, or just completely blatantly false.

Don't get me wrong I'm still very suss on the board

But a strong experienced figure like Cook reduces the potency of their incompetence.
I think experience matters a lot more for CEO than coach. We went with no experience. I am sure Liddle does his best and has done well in the field he is good at. Swan was better. Cook will be better again. IF.

No I can’t. But the realisation that he can’t “Travel the World” during a Global pandemic has made him readjust his mindset. He will be our next Coach. 100%.
He’s also been told by Hawthorn that he only has access to his $60k of professional development cash if he can provide receipts. It’s not a straight up cash payment.

If I start a new account on here and write that Clarkson is close to agreement with Carlton, I will be seen as a God.

I suggest don’t get your hopes up like we did Coniglio, Shiel, Lyon, it can end in disappointment. My suggestion is not to be so invested.

I love reading rumours but have to wonder if some rumours are counterproductive to getting the results we all want

Eg signing a great coach
A great CEO
A great player

In a perfectly run club the rumour wouldn’t happen it would just be announced after the fact.

. . . and since there is no example of a ‘perfectly run club’, this never actually happens the way you are suggesting.

It would be ideal but it is not real.

If you consider 63yo to be old, then he's old.
Just for some context. Bill Belichick one of the greatest coaches in NFL History still going strong at 69yo.
7x Premiership coach 71yo Wayne Bennett has South Sydney in the NRL top 4 this year.

Yes but they were successful coaches when they were much younger. Starting at 63 is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back