Current Bodies of Two Sisters as Saudi Foreign Nationals Found in Canterbury Apartment - NSW

Remove this Banner Ad

They were doing all the right things for five years, paying their rent, going to school and working, making an effort to attend groups and find others they could connect with, not causing any trouble. It's hard to believe they could have been refused.

Heartbreaking isn't it. This one really upsets me because Australia was SUPPOSED to be better and it wasn't.

The sisters were seeking asylum in Australia and it has now been revealed their application for permanent protection visas had been rejected, reported on Tuesday.
The Australia newspaper broke this story.

As a matter of public interest here's the article in today's paper (p3)

1660055670317.jpeg

Australia was SUPPOSED to be better
Better than what?

Australia and it's deterrent Policy is no secret. It has an appalling human rights record when it comes to refugees and asylum seekers. This reputation is well known globally, and a topic of public debate in main stream media for years.

What surprises me most, is how surprised others are about this.

Better than what?

Australia and it's deterrent Policy is no secret. It has an appalling human rights record when it comes to refugees and asylum seekers. This reputation is well known globally, and a topic of public debate in main stream media for years.

What surprises me most, is how surprised others are about this.

Better than the country they came from in terms of their treatment of both humans and women. Whilst you are correct in saying that our strict border controls are well known I hardly think you should be surprised that people are upset by such shocking events as this one happening, noting that the shock factor is because they are rare, and not common occurrence like the girls country of origin

I hardly think you should be surprised that people are upset by such shocking events as this one happening, noting that the shock factor is because they are rare, and not common occurrence like the girls country of origin

I'm upset about this case too.

I meant that I am shocked that people think that Australia usually protects asylum seeking women like the Saudi Sisters.

I'm upset about this case too.

I meant that I am shocked that people think that Australia usually protects asylum seeking women like the Saudi Sisters.

God my radar is off lately. I'm shocking at reading texts and what they mean. With ya now.

I think this is one of those cases that provokes a lot of emotions. At least I know it does for me. Those poor girls.

Me too. It's really rattled me, makes me so so so sad to think of them all alone with how many people let them down. I've been impacted by suicide (my dad) and my partner's uncle and you never get over it, only on with it but I know in both my situations they were unavoidable.

I think this one triggers me the most because it was two vulnerable people and it was avoidable

The article below published today, is the first article I can recall or can find, that puts a timeframe around when the sisters permanent protection visas were denied.

The Star Observer publication promotes itself as
'Setting Australia’s LGBTI agenda since 1979'

So I wonder if they have some inside info from someone that one of the sisters disclosed some info to about their permanent protection visa application, or an appeal related to it?

SAUDI SISTERS WHO HAD APPLIED FOR ASYLUM IN AUSTRALIA FOUND DEAD IN SYDNEY APARTMENT​

'CHRISTINE LAI — AUGUST 11, 2022'

'The sisters had had their applications for permanent protection visas, based on sexuality and religious beliefs, denied earlier this year.'

The article below published today, is the first article I can recall or can find, that puts a timeframe around when the sisters permanent protection visas were denied.

The Star Observer publication promotes itself as
'Setting Australia’s LGBTI agenda since 1979'

So I wonder if they have some inside info from someone that one of the sisters disclosed some info to about their permanent protection visa application, or an appeal related to it?

SAUDI SISTERS WHO HAD APPLIED FOR ASYLUM IN AUSTRALIA FOUND DEAD IN SYDNEY APARTMENT​

'CHRISTINE LAI — AUGUST 11, 2022'

'The sisters had had their applications for permanent protection visas, based on sexuality and religious beliefs, denied earlier this year.'

That's unbelievably cruel, five years they were here for and the youngest only 16 years old when she got here. Beyond disgusted and ashamed.

How on earth could there have been no attempt to check up on the girls by getting into the unit using a building manager spare key, when mail was piled up outside the door, the tenants not pay rent in more than three months, and the two sisters have previously been checked up on by Police, and the building manager even investigated the situation himself, reportedly by what what appears to be entering the unit on self-confessed false pretences?

Maybe someone not directly involved in their death, did get into the apartment and smell and see one or more dead girls, well before they were reported first discovered deceased.

Or maybe someone had some form of evidence (perceived or actual) on who was or was likely involved in their death, and decided, or was coerced/persuaded to kick the formal discovery of their deceased state, down the road.

'The mystery deaths of two Saudi sisters in Sydney

By Tiffanie Turnbull
BBC News, Sydney
Published 8 hours ago'

'On 7 June, Australian authorities knocked on the door of a Sydney apartment.
Mail was piled up outside the door, and the tenants hadn't paid rent in more than three months.
Inside, they found two dead women - sisters from Saudi Arabia - whose bodies had laid undiscovered, in separate bedrooms, for weeks.'

How on earth could there have been no attempt to check up on the girls by getting into the unit using a building manager spare key, when mail was piled up outside the door, the tenants not pay rent in more than three months, and the two sisters have previously been checked up on by Police, and the building manager even investigated the situation himself, reportedly by what what appears to be entering the unit on self-confessed false pretences?

Maybe someone not directly involved in their death, did get into the apartment and smell and see one or more dead girls, well before they were reported first discovered deceased.

Or maybe someone had some form of evidence (perceived or actual) on who was or was likely involved in their death, and decided, or was coerced/persuaded to kick the formal discovery of their deceased state, down the road.

'The mystery deaths of two Saudi sisters in Sydney

By Tiffanie Turnbull
BBC News, Sydney
Published 8 hours ago'

'On 7 June, Australian authorities knocked on the door of a Sydney apartment.
Mail was piled up outside the door, and the tenants hadn't paid rent in more than three months.
Inside, they found two dead women - sisters from Saudi Arabia - whose bodies had laid undiscovered, in separate bedrooms, for weeks.'

You're answering your own questions you do realise this, don't ya?

Cops and building manager were told by the girls that they wanted to be left alone. Most people when told this are not going to be persistent and nosey.

Now it looks like the wrong decision but at the time it wasn't. Girls wanted privacy and their wishes were respected.

It's also highly unlikely that they were murdered. They're being called suicide sisters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't really see the family taking the bodies back if it was suicide

It's also highly unlikely that they were murdered.
Last I heard reported in the media, the bodies had been taken back to Saudi Arabia.

So in your books, that makes it unlikely it was suicide?

Last I heard reported in the media, the bodies had been taken back to Saudi Arabia.

So in your books, that makes it unlikely it was suicide?

Nope. The girls did ask to be left alone. Building manager said it once he said look girls I'm really here to ask what's wrong then they told him to leave. They wanted privacy and he respected their wishes. Just like the cops when they went in and visited.

Nope again I'm still sticking with my suicide theory. With a bit of thought, I can offer a theory on why the family took the bodies back.

Bodies were found in early June. Autopsy was conducted right after. Like a day or two later. Islamically as I said the family would've wanted the bodies back quickly for burial.

In late July there was a press release for info about the girls with the release of their images. A few days later it was reported that the family did not want the images of their daughters in public in the hope it could further the investigation but the coroner overruled them and so their images were released.

It's very possible the family were informed that the girls had passed and that they suspect there was foul play i.e murder but they were open to all possibilities as the cop said in that press release. Regardless most likely the family would've wanted the bodies as quickly as possible for burial.

Then days later or a week later aftet the press release a senior police source said it's very likely the girls committed suicide. Then in the same period we start getting more reports that one girl was an atheist and the other a lesbian.

So they were buried way before details that one was a lesbian, the other an atheist and that they likely committed suicide.

Good enough?

p2 of The Australian newspaper today

4y (protection visa) +3y (AAT appeal) = up to 7 years to obtain or be declined a protection visa.

Seems like that is a pretty good deterrent for anyone thinking of applying or appealing.

No wonder suicide probably seems like the best way out to some people.

Screenshot 2022-08-15 at 3.36.38 pm.png

So they were buried way before details that one was a lesbian, the other an atheist and that they likely committed suicide.

Good enough?
Nope.
Better luck next time.

'Bodies of Saudi asylum seeker sisters found dead in Sydney repatriated to country they fled'

'Thu 18 Aug 2022 20.54 AEST'

'The bodies of two Saudi asylum seekers – found dead in their apartment in Sydney’s west in June – have been repatriated to Saudi Arabia, the country the sisters fled seeking protection in Australia.

'The Guardian understands their bodies were repatriated sometime last week, and they were buried according to Islamic traditions.'

'Both were in touch with settlement providers and were on bridging visas.'

Here's an update today on the visa issue.

Which I guess might sway some in here back to the murder rather than suicide theory.

'Government sources have confirmed the sisters, who arrived in Australia in 2017, had had their claim for protection initially refused at the departmental level, but were not at the end of the asylum process. Still open to them was a full merits review before the administrative appeals tribunal, appeals to the federal court, and an application for ministerial review.

They had valid visas and were not facing removal from Australia.'

Here's an update today on the visa issue.

Which I guess might sway some in here back to the murder rather than suicide theory.

'Government sources have confirmed the sisters, who arrived in Australia in 2017, had had their claim for protection initially refused at the departmental level, but were not at the end of the asylum process. Still open to them was a full merits review before the administrative appeals tribunal, appeals to the federal court, and an application for ministerial review.

They had valid visas and were not facing removal from Australia.'

The process is still too long and uncertain. imo.

An update on the toxicology report and coronial report this evening from SBS.

'Sisters' bodies returned to Saudi Arabia as investigation orders second toxicology report'
'18 August 2022 at 8:30pm'

'SBS News understands that a second toxicology report has been ordered as the investigation continues, and that the coronial report is not yet close to completion.'

'Anyone who may have information that could assist detectives is urged to contact Burwood Police Station on (02) 9745 8499 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.'

Nope.
Better luck next time.

'Bodies of Saudi asylum seeker sisters found dead in Sydney repatriated to country they fled'

'The bodies of two Saudi asylum seekers – found dead in their apartment in Sydney’s west in June – have been repatriated to Saudi Arabia, the country the sisters fled seeking protection in Australia.

'The Guardian understands their bodies were repatriated sometime last week, and they were buried according to Islamic traditions.'

This guy.

You've referenced article that states the bodies were sent back last week. This goes against what Rachel Browne if I recall her name correctly said the bodies were sent back already. Her podcast dropped early August and was recorded late July so it's been longer than "last week".

Which report is accurate?

Oh wait what does the police state about this issue in the very next article you share from the SBS?

"NSW Police have confirmed that the bodies of Asra Abdullah Alsehli, 24, and Amaal, 23, have been returned to the Kingdom. They could not advise when exactly this occurred".

I have to add here, I have no hidden agenda in how the girls have died. You don't know anything about me. I would prefer it if was murder and I'm on record stating that if it was then it was probably an arab who did it who is not connected to Saudi Arabia.

I prefer to believe it was murder as I do not want to believe the girls committed suicide since I often have dark thoughts of doing the same thing.

You seem hell bent on this being a Saudi sponsored Islamic honour killing. Hey maybe in time it will be proven it was. Still hasn't right now.

Family also taking the bodies back last week if that guardian report is correct can also mean nothing. I'm not going to get into why though as obviously you've already made up your mind as to what has happened here so I'm not going to bother.

I've thrown in suggestions and possibilities to explain certain issues in this case. Family taking the bodies back despite it being suicide, or one is an atheist, or the other is a lesbian is also still very possible.

You seem hell bent on this being a Saudi sponsored Islamic honour killing.
My current position.
NFI.
50:50 Suicide v Murder.
And if murder, probably way more likely to be Saudi Security Services/Government ordered it, than a family honour killing.
But as I said, I've got NFI. And I could be completely wrong.

My current position.
NFI.
50:50 Suicide v Murder.
And if murder, probably way more likely to be Saudi Security Services/Government ordered it, than a family honour killing.
But as I said, I've got NFI. And I could be completely wrong.

Serious question.

Why would the Saudi government kill two girls. Two reclusive sisters who left (we don't even know if they fled) five years ago?

I'm still not getting that angle.

If they were killed then it was most likely from an arab imo. I do not believe they will be anyway linked to anyone in Saudi Arabia. I could be wrong of course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back