Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

We've persisted and we will still need to be patient but at the end of the year we started to see the good stuff that elite half backs can do...defend well, set up attacks and also get forward and bomb some shots at goal when we have our opponent penned in

Gifted games every week, never really played in the reserves for two and a bit years and doesn't produce in the senior team. How much longer can that go on? Yes he has up side I've heard of Luke Hodge claims and I simply don't see it.

Gifted games every week, never really played in the reserves for two and a bit years and doesn't produce in the senior team. How much longer can that go on? Yes he has up side I've heard of Luke Hodge claims and I simply don't see it.
He's under rated!

A bull.

Let's just say he has Henry in the shade......

Nope, he's been a scapegoat on here for a couple of years. The board's just pre-occupied with bigger issues right now, that or people have become accustomed to his one brain fade per game.

In saying that he's still developing and I wouldn't mind seeing him up the ground or even at half forward.

He hasn't been good so far this year. I liked the suggestion that he be allowed to play a forward role rather than defending. Give him a bit of freedom and see what he can produce. That we should give him Blair's role/spot. Worth a try.

Outside of a Few. Not Many been good this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Several players haven't so much developed as gone backwards this year. Ramsay, Maynard, Blair, Moore, Reid, Fasolo, Crisp, Smith and Aish for starters.
And for all that how do you explain we only lost by 14 points to the reigning premiers

So Blairs been good Timmy?

By the way I think Maynard needs to get dropped.

Blairs been poor. Coming from a low base though, hence my joke about whther he has gone backwards or just his usual self. Maybe thet went over your head, Got plenty of ball in round one and was wasteful, didnt do much at all round two.

Whats your point? Ten players were named in a previous post that have allegedly "gone backwards". Way too early to be making those calls. Some better kicking in both rounds and the results may have been different.

I woulndt be dropping Maynard, he needs to work his way through it.

So Blairs been good Timmy?

By the way I think Maynard needs to get dropped.
Umm.. To be replaced by who? At the moment, we have only 3 players his size to choose from.. Langdon (long term injury), Oxley, and Scharenberg. Schaz is too slow, and hasn't got the "cats head" hardness that Maynard has, and im not sure how he is performing in the VFL.

So he has made some errors. Who in our team over the first two games hasn't?

Blairs been poor. Coming from a low base though, hence my joke about whther he has gone backwards or just his usual self. Maybe thet went over your head, Got plenty of ball in round one and was wasteful, didnt do much at all round two.

Whats your point? Ten players were named in a previous post that have allegedly "gone backwards". Way too early to be making those calls. Some better kicking in both rounds and the results may have been different.

I woulndt be dropping Maynard, he needs to work his way through it.

Blair has gone backwards that is fact.

As for Maynard.......straight swap Shaza. It's not like Maynard is quick anyway. The sooner Sinclair is back the better. I would even prefer Aish in Maynard's position to be honest.

Umm.. To be replaced by who? At the moment, we have only 3 players his size to choose from.. Langdon (long term injury), Oxley, and Scharenberg. Schaz is too slow, and hasn't got the "cats head" hardness that Maynard has, and im not sure how he is performing in the VFL.

So he has made some errors. Who in our team over the first two games hasn't?

The hard as a cats head is a myth.

Refer my post above for replacements.

By the way I think he will come good but needs to be dropped IMO.

The hard as a cats head is a myth.

Refer my post above for replacements.

By the way I think he will come good but needs to be dropped IMO.
He is hard at it, but fair enough if you don't see it that way. We all see different things and have different views, and that's great.
As far as Schaz is concerned, my opinion on him is not that bullish. I can't see anything so compelling for him to be our saviour. Yes, he is composed, and his disposal seems good, but i think he is too slow to be a HBF in these times of "foward pressure" game styles. He will have to push up the ground when we are attcking, but on a turnover, he has to be fast to get back and defend. I see that as his weakness.
Anyway, i REALLY hope i am proven wrong. We need some good luck with our recent high draft picks..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back