Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

saw sier saturday night ...has lost a lot of weight..wouldnt call him the bear anymore....more like the cougar....hes tallish but rather slender
He generally goes for the oversized shirt look. Which makes him look more slender then in say his collingwood training gear. But yes, i think he has trimmed up compared to 2018.

The only way Wills and Sier can play together is if one of them can become good at another position. You can't have two inside mids who can't play anywhere else on the field, we need players rotating through the midfield and being able to impact elsewhere when not in the starting bounce.

Sier has an opportunity to prove himself as more than just an inside mid. Wills has no chance.

Poor old Wills, at least give him a chance, apparently he is adding more attack to his game this year and has been excellent in the pre season so far
After the physical bullying that North's mids gave us this year. I wouldnt mind having both Sier and Wills at the coal face.

Sier, Wills, Grundy, De Goey. Let's become the bullies.

After the physical bullying that North's mids gave us this year. I wouldnt mind having both Sier and Wills at the coal face.

Sier, Wills, Grundy, De Goey. Let's become the bullies.

Agreed that there is room for both Wills and Sier in the middle, only change I would make to your list: JDG out and Adams in.

I'd rather watch JDG bully defenders inside 50 :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed that there is room for both Wills and Sier in the middle, only change I would make to your list: JDG out and Adams in.

I'd rather watch JDG bully defenders inside 50 :)
I want JDG doing both. Take the stoppage then move ahead of the ball. Martin style.

Poor old Wills, at least give him a chance, apparently he is adding more attack to his game this year and has been excellent in the pre season so far

wills is an inside mid only. Poor overhead for his size, poorly skilled and slow thinking by foot, and not blessed with pace.

Possibly would make it as a shut down defender if forced to play elsewhere on the ground but that’s stretching the imagination

With a full list to choose from I can’t see Sier and Wills playing many games together

Last edited:
wills is an inside mid only. Poor overhead for his size, poor and slow thinking by foot, and not blessed with pace.

Possibly would make it as a shut down defender if forced to play elsewhere on the ground but that’s stretching the imagination

With a full list to choose from I can’t see Sier and Wills playing many games together
At the moment they're both too limited, but if either of them becomes the real deal and learns to spread and receive on the outside as well as competing on the inside, we can definitely play both.

At the moment they're both too limited, but if either of them becomes the real deal and learns to spread and receive on the outside as well as competing on the inside, we can definitely play both.

Yes and as I said, Sier has a chance of achieving that, but I highly doubt Wills does.

Yes and as I said, Sier has a chance of achieving that, but I highly doubt Wills does.
The other alternative is that you could get away with two pure insiders if we replaced Mayne on a wing with a classy linkman like Pendles. I doubt Bucks moves Pendles out of the centre square next year - but I think it's time.

The other alternative is that you could get away with two pure insiders if we replaced Mayne on a wing with a classy linkman like Pendles. I doubt Bucks moves Pendles out of the centre square next year - but I think it's time.

Still don’t think it will work however “good to have” problems are always good to have.

Whilst both Wills and Sier are excellent at making tackles, standing in tackles to deliver by hand and throwing their weight around at stoppages, the opposition will just sit on the receivers to nullify this.
I’d love both of them to start really breaking tackles then delivering by hand and foot even if it’s a rushed kick forward from the centre bounce at times.
They would then attract an opposition defender freeing up our outside mids to make us really scary.
I’m hoping De Goey and Crisp get heaps of mid time this season because both are prepared to take tacklers on and break the line. If Sier and Wills can start bringing this then look out!

Dunno why we're still on the Wills forward of the ball conversation - he could barely keep his feet in the forward line against the Swans last year when he was playing the JDG role.

He’s quite a bull around the ball but unless he develops some tricks that aren’t evident as yet Wills looks simply a clearance player. Sier is also a beast but could play halfback and possibly forward as well and hopefully the switch comes on for him and going by his preseason it looks promising.
As Timmy stated above, Brodes, Goo and Sier in the middle gets the heart racing ❤😍😍

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back