Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s actually very simple yet you fail to comprehend.

He isn’t selected because:
1. Maybe he fails to play to instruction and expectation on the field; or
2. He is on the outer for other reasons such as not meeting club expectations off-field.

We don’t know and it’s obviously one or the other or a combination of the two.
It’s really not that difficult.
You say it's 'very simple' but your own post indicates that this is not the case. You don't know anything more than I do regarding the specific circumstances of Sier's omission. You say 'maybe' and 'we don't know', that it's 'obviously this', 'obviously that' or maybe a combination of the two. But it's fairly obvious that you don't really know either.

Hopefully GW has already done a deal for with him for some Daicos points
We get some third round draft pick for a player who is a rare commodity at Collingwood - a skilful, big bodied midfielder. Then we pin our hopes for Sier's role on the likes of the Brown brothers with their lack of size and presence and poor kicking skills and a bunch of raw recruits. Having lost 3 good players very cheaply, I would have hoped more effort would be made to retain an essential rarity like Sier.

At a time when the club is starving for young/middle aged players, this guy fits the perfect age bracket. That’s why it’s so frustrating to see him not get a game when he’s in his absolute prime, age wise.

He showed so much promise in 2018, and together with Stevo, the future was bright.
He has showed enough form in the twos to warrant selection, but as time goes on, clearly his papers have been stamped.
Still a chance he could be a Pie next year with a new coach, but chances are slim.
If I was Gold Coast, I’d be making enquires with Sier’s manager.

We get some third round draft pick for a player who is a rare commodity at Collingwood - a skilful, big bodied midfielder. Then we pin our hopes for Sier's role on the likes of the Brown brothers with their lack of size and presence and poor kicking skills and a bunch of raw recruits. Having lost 3 good players very cheaply, I would have hoped more effort would be made to retain an essential rarity like Sier.
I’d be happy for him to turn it around, but if he was committed we’d see him picked to play.

At a time when the club is starving for young/middle aged players, this guy fits the perfect age bracket. That’s why it’s so frustrating to see him not get a game when he’s in his absolute prime, age wise.

He showed so much promise in 2018, and together with Stevo, the future was bright.
He has showed enough form in the twos to warrant selection, but as time goes on, clearly his papers have been stamped.
Still a chance he could be a Pie next year with a new coach, but chances are slim.
Sydney were once interested him though they now have a terrific fleet of young players and he may no longer be on their radar. Rest assured he will be playing AFL next year.

The new coach Harvey...
Was he with Buckley for how long...?????
Was he in charge of the midfield at any stage.
Has Brodie Grundy had the most buyouts in the last 3_4 years....
What is our clearance rate....???
Can you see something that might be recurring.
No doubt you the definition of stupidity.
Continue to do the same thing over and over and expect to get a different outcome..
Brody last week with that new coach... Harvey....please.
There comes a time when you reality hits home.
Assistant coaches gone
Longmuir Boyd Hocking gotch
Who's there ?????
Come on??
Move on ???

Malthouse turned players around...
Good coaches can....

Time we concentrate on football
Not satisfying quotas. media.
Other issues...
It is a mess.
New board and one massive rocket put through the whole club.
what planet you on space-cadet?

Their own version of Sier in Will Brodie cant get a game, and looks like they are into Dunston from saints. When you have Rowell, Anderson, Swallow, Greenwood, Fiorini (who until last few games couldn't get a game either), Miller. Not sure Sier is someone they need.

You say it's 'very simple' but your own post indicates that this is not the case. You don't know anything more than I do regarding the specific circumstances of Sier's omission. You say 'maybe' and 'we don't know', that it's 'obviously this', 'obviously that' or maybe a combination of the two. But it's fairly obvious that you don't really know either.
he is obviously not following orders. Either on or off the field. Why make it more complicated? It's simple.
I'm sure you will find another player 'crush' in time.

Why do you think he isn't getting a game?

he is obviously not following orders. Either on or off the field. Why make it more complicated? It's simple.
I'm sure you will find another player 'crush' in time.

Why do you think he isn't getting a game?
Has he been picked since the one he was subbed out of with an illness?

Sier surely is responsible for much of his shortcomings, no doubt.

But what many of us see is:
1. A club that has mishandled relationships with lots of players;
2. A team that has played a terrible style of defensive football that restricts players ability to contribute their strengths;
3. A club that has given way more chances to players with way less talent than to Sier;
4. A club that has given way more chances to players with way worse behavioural issues than Sier;
5. People assuming that the club has dirt on Sier that they withhold, despite any evidence;
6. A team whos major failing for several years has been inside mids;
7. A player who major shortcoming is struggling to build a tank , but has been injury interrupted for many years.

So its quite simple: we think the club didnt make the most of the opportunity to develop Siers talent, even accepting his shortcomings that many are eager to point out.
I totally agree. This is not just about Sier. It's also about what his non-selection represents in the context of a year in which the club could do no right, as well as the needs of the team. A happy ending to the Sier saga would at least provide a single positive note on which to end a dismal season.

Last edited:
lighten up - not a personal attack mate.
appreciate your opinion :thumbsu:
I'm not angry or even annoyed and I don't take it personal, it's a matter of viewpoints. You have a fixed viewpoint on this matter and i don't. We will never agree in this area so it's pointless arguing about it.
We must remember that discussions in this medium are apt to be misinterpreted due to the impersonal nature of the medium we are using.
Context is not possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you talking general attitude, or lack of elite fitness... or something more specific?

some inside help is what we are crying out for, and he has been left to rot in the two's.

something's not right...
Every solution that works over the long term is worked out by mutual cooperation. With Brayden I believe it's a bit of 'all of the above'.
From the outside looking in he seems to run hot and cold.
If I were forced to guess I would say the commitment he believes he has doesn't always match that which agrees with his output.
This is a self awareness problem, in the long run only he can change that.

If he did something wrong requiring him to be subbed out, never to be played again... and the club has covered it up then they are culpable for treating fans like fools
There is another side to this mess - if he did something wrong and it was morally culpable or could look to be the club would be culpable of violating his right to privacy.
We are all just simply guessing.

There is another side to this mess - if he did something wrong and it was morally culpable or could look to be the club would be culpable of violating his right to privacy.
We are all just simply guessing.

I agree that people are guessing he did something wrong.

In the absence of him actually being suspended or sacked after that incident when he was subbed off sick, it’s inappropriate for people to draw conclusions or make implications that he had broken any rules.

The only other option is as I said, a club cover up which is a possible but less likely ( and unsavoury) outcome.

The club just don’t like him. What he brings to the table is (rightly or wrongly) not considered enough to cover for his deficiencies

Last edited:
I agree that people are guessing he did something wrong.

In the absence of him actually being suspended or sacked after that incident when he was subbed off sick, it’s inappropriate for people to draw conclusions that he had broken any rules.

The only other option is as I said, a club cover up which is a possible but less likely ( and unsavoury) outcome.

The club just don’t like him. What he brings to the table is (rightly or wrongly) not considered enough to cover for his deficiencies
I think that it doesn't come down to like or dislike but essentially the cost versus reward balance is a likely scenario.

I doubt any professional sporting organization would willingly recruit a player for a specific need and then systematically destroy his chances of fulfilling the potential he was recruited for in the first place.

By the same logic I doubt Sier got as far as he has without ability and the capability to train and learn to a degree.

With these things taken as a given the only likely issues seem to be application and discipline.

From the outside these seem to be variable with him, a question of an ability to maintain focus.

Sad really all that talent and so close yet so far.

It’s actually very simple yet you fail to comprehend.

He isn’t selected because:
1. Maybe he fails to play to instruction and expectation on the field; or
2. He is on the outer for other reasons such as not meeting club expectations off-field.

We don’t know and it’s obviously one or the other or a combination of the two.
It’s really not that difficult.
Why is always the players fault?
Why not our coaching group?
Why not a simple personality class?
Why not the player leadership group?

No lets pot the player with no proof.

Why is always the players fault?
Why not our coaching group?
Why not a simple personality class?
Why not the player leadership group?

No lets pot the player with no proof.
Why is it always the coaching group?
Why a simple personality clash?
Why the player leadership group?

Lets just find another crutch to hang excuses on.

See?

It goes both ways.

Many years in the system.

Consistently inconsistent performances.

The writing is on the wall.

Has he been picked since the one he was subbed out of with an illness?

It does seem that that bizarre (and never fully explained) incident was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

Yet another page in The Bear’s thick file of weird reasons for non-selection.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is there a VFL came this weekend for him to play in, or is the VFL cancelled again? (Asking from not-locked-down Canberra)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He’s cooked under the current coaching group because it was a no brainer to recall him this week over Macrae. Wilson will be sub.
He's definitely shot his load here.

Perhaps if he gets a second chance he will buckle down and focus on his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back