Brazil v England

Remove this Banner Ad

What's this about Brazil not getting out of third gear? They've been running at full throttle for the entire tournament. I can't think of a single period of any game where they haven't been bursting forward looking to score.

Brazil have been playing like frontrunners, and seeing as they're probably the only team that can afford to do so, good luck to them. But I can't see them raising their game a notch against England. What we've seen so far is what they do. Suspect defence, especially in the air, confident going forward, with Ronaldo and Rivaldo in party-trick mode already,

When they get held back by strong defence they do look a bit rattled, so England need to be on form in the back half. And their front half need to play as if there is nothing to lose (which is probably he case anyway). And even then they'll need some luck.

Originally posted by Slax

What the hell have you been watching lately then mate, Mills has been better than Cole so far this tournament.

I think Mills is by far the weakest link in the England team. He makes far too many basic errors. The major threat may be Ronaldinho on Mills.

Originally posted by Pessimistic
Brazil v England

There's a good article on soccernet.com which talks about the 1970 game - the 1966 champs v the 1970 champs. One of the biggest sets of football talent on the one pitch at the same time.

Banks, Moore, Hurst Charlton etc for England and Pele, Rivelino and co for Brazil.

Hey Pess they showed the whole of this match on BBC1 last night.It was pretty hot so the game was played at walking pace but I couldn't beleive how many misplaced passes there were & barely a tackle in sight, we actually dominated most of the first half but didn't create much & then after we went 1 down we had a few chances.I was pretty disappointed in both teams actually but I suppose it was a typically cagey group game between 2 well matched sides.

Anyway for tommorow's game I fancy us as long as its not too hot, they reckon it will rain which will suit us & let us play our pressing game to deny them time on the ball.

Gotta pray that Owen is fit & I reckon we can beat them to reclaim 'our' game.

I am really looking forward to this match!! I have managed to organise for the tv to be set up here at work so we can watch the game while we're supposed to be working!! ;);)

Eng-a-land, Eng-a-land, Eng-a-land!!! :D:D:D

Cheers!! :cool:
SeinDude

That was indeed a major blunder, Moomba. Just a reminder how important a quality first touch is at this level.

Also, David Seaman will stay on, after taking a nasty spill with three minutes to play in the first half.

Cheers,
William

WOO HOO!

RIVALDOOOO!!!!

Great run by Ronaldisho.

As injury time started, I said, "I would love it if it was 1-1 at half time."

Well, Santa got my letter! :D

All set up for a great 2nd half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by moomba
Ronaldinho off. Seems a dodgy red to me but I'll take it.

Moomba

Dodgy, indeed.

Can someone please explain what for?

He got to the ball first, won the challenge, and may have clattered the English attacker in the process. Other than the last part, and even with it, there was NOTHING there that would have merited a red card.

By the way, Beckham is lucky not to have been booked for diving in the 63rd minute.

Cheers,
William

I was looking at the foot, and thought it may have been yellow at best. Didn't see where the hand/fist was but will be interested to see if there was anything in it. The ref was in no doubt as to what he saw.

Agree about Beckham. Someday one of these players will actually go for the ball and find it is the best way to score.

Rivaldo is the biggest cheat in this tournament. I don't wish injuries on any player but he is the closest I have come. :mad:

Moomba

Well Done Brazil.

Bad luck England, showed great fighting spirit to get through to the Quarters, especially considering their draw from hell.

On a side note, Rivaldo, nothing has changed, your still a disgrace.

Ronaldinho, what a goal! The commentator should've been talking more about the perfect shot than Seaman's blunder, it was just too good.

Ronaldinho was very stiff to be sent off. Seems like the ref's are out to get anyone in a blue shirt. ;)

Goodbye Eng-er-land!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back