Roast Bring back starchamber!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long is he banned for ODN?
The post you quoted doesn't relate to starchamber.

Basically board access is removed. This is reversible, especially for people that are not repeat offenders, troublemakers, trolls, or opposition shills. How much work they create for us can also be a factor. If people appear to be continuously contrary for the sake of it, then they rightfully attract poor responses.

Put it this way, if someone was just off beat or child like in their posting, I can understand the posting style pattern, however we know this person knows how to PM. If a mod requested a change in tactic in this case, you would at least get a 'what do you mean?' kind of response. Zero response indicates, either I'm ignoring you or I have taken on board what you say.

Now if you read enough, you know that starchamber is no dummy. The grammar or sentence structure might indicate so, but on occasion the logic and the life experience shines through. Even something minor like Fidder On the Roof lyrics, indicate a random comedic mind.

So I conclude that starchamber exists to be comedic for the most part and is in control of what he posts. That being said, you don't get to be inflammatory in addressing other Carlton supporters with jibes about them chasing somebody's man meat or general gay remarks, if you are in control of your posting.

You can not switch between loveable simpleton and deliberate comedian as it suits. Loveable simpleton gets away with certain things because you make allowances for personal circumstances. Deliberate comedian should know better.

If people are not consistent we have queries and we may judge them on the worst case scenario eventually. Yes, we do put that much thought into it sometimes.

No poster is bigger than the board.

What surprises me was that a certain other poster (guess who :rolleyes:) was allowed to go years posting controversial material with no other intention than to offend, call people every name under the sun and in general be a nuisance, without ever being perma-banned from the board.

starchamber is comparatively inoffensive and largely endearing, yet he gets banned from the board. Doesn't add up for mine. :confused:

Fair call on your first point. Disagree with your second point, our board is better off without both of those clowns.

Bring back alpha1

No. Just no.

After reading that basically I add what Starry adds and in the spirit of comraderie and with bandwith limitations to the fore, I hereby offer to lay down my account so that Starry might return. No greater love have one man than to lay down his account for another.

After reading that basically I add what Starry adds and in the spirit of comraderie and with broadband requirements to the fore, I hereby offer to lay down my account so that Starry might return. No greater love have one man than to lay down his account for another.
starchamber accepts - goodbye thy!

After reading that basically I add what Starry adds and in the spirit of comraderie and with bandwith limitations to the fore, I hereby offer to lay down my account so that Starry might return. No greater love have one man than to lay down his account for another.
Yeah I don't think mister!

"But you know it's what the people want..."

Fair45.jpg

Starchamber says that sounds gay, not that there is anything wrong with that, but he doesn't want you looking at his man meat in that way .... err yibbida yibbida, yabba dabba doo.

Maybe we were a little hasty...

*everyone looks sheepishly at each other then at the ground - sad music plays in BG*

VOICE (OS)
Hey, he's back!

*everyone runs to window*

ALL (excited)
Starry, you fukcwit! Come in here and give us a hug you big galoot!

*a rousing cheer*

*Starry walks into room to great clamour and delight from all. He is eating a packet of rice crisps*

STARRY
Not all chips is spuds!
*everyone laughs loudly*

VOICE (OS)
Oh Starry, you really are a fukcwit!

THE END

Sooooooooo funny. Still having a bit of a giggle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[YOUTUBE]ThTwl1HrFi4[/YOUTUBE]

So many tears for the Spudman. It's quite touching actually.

Don't worry too much about Spudsy.
He knows what he is doing as he had let his guard down a few times to show he is the one having the last laugh.
I had wondered just how difficult it must have been to put himself into another persona for the sake of his antics at times his language also wavered between the incomprehnsible to the downright considered.

He's probably still laughing now.

the tribe has spoken.
we want spud back.
just because he has a differing opinion to a lot of others doesnt mean he should be discriminated against. what a joke.

the tribe has spoken.
we want spud back.
just because he has a differing opinion to a lot of others doesnt mean he should be discriminated against. what a joke.
Perhaps you should not take such an aggressive stance in relation to things you know nothing about?

Must admit, I lean towards the Mods on this one.

All for an inclusive and participative environment where everyone has the opportunity to contribute... I guess its just that Spuds wasnt all that inclusive or participative... and aside from his insight into 'beards', potatoes and 'man meat', didnt really contribute anything.

Still, I can see the other side of the argument.

The post you quoted doesn't relate to starchamber.

Basically board access is removed. This is reversible, especially for people that are not repeat offenders, troublemakers, trolls, or opposition shills. How much work they create for us can also be a factor. If people appear to be continuously contrary for the sake of it, then they rightfully attract poor responses.

Put it this way, if someone was just off beat or child like in their posting, I can understand the posting style pattern, however we know this person knows how to PM. If a mod requested a change in tactic in this case, you would at least get a 'what do you mean?' kind of response. Zero response indicates, either I'm ignoring you or I have taken on board what you say.

Now if you read enough, you know that starchamber is no dummy. The grammar or sentence structure might indicate so, but on occasion the logic and the life experience shines through. Even something minor like Fidder On the Roof lyrics, indicate a random comedic mind.

So I conclude that starchamber exists to be comedic for the most part and is in control of what he posts. That being said, you don't get to be inflammatory in addressing other Carlton supporters with jibes about them chasing somebody's man meat or general gay remarks, if you are in control of your posting.

You can not switch between loveable simpleton and deliberate comedian as it suits. Loveable simpleton gets away with certain things because you make allowances for personal circumstances. Deliberate comedian should know better.

If people are not consistent we have queries and we may judge them on the worst case scenario eventually. Yes, we do put that much thought into it sometimes.

No poster is bigger than the board.
Starchamber reminds of Shylock - the character in Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice.

Is he a Victim or a Villain or both. Hath he not opinions like other posters, a love for the Blues like other posters, does he not bleed if you prick him. And yet on ocassions he does overstep the mark and offend with his off beat humour. Probably depends on how sensitive you are to his comments.

What's the big deal he'll just create another account anyway then we'll all be stuck with the same useless dribble day in day out.

Maybe we were a little hasty...

*everyone looks sheepishly at each other then at the ground - sad music plays in BG*

VOICE (OS)
Hey, he's back!

*everyone runs to window*

ALL (excited)
Starry, you fukcwit! Come in here and give us a hug you big galoot!

*a rousing cheer*

*Starry walks into room to great clamour and delight from all. He is eating a packet of rice crisps*

STARRY
Not all chips is spuds!
*everyone laughs loudly*

VOICE (OS)
Oh Starry, you really are a fukcwit!

THE END

LOL. You ever read 'VIZ' comics?

I am with the Mods on this as well.

Check out post 33 on the Collingwood board :rolleyes:

It's post like this which I find very offensive & tasteless :eek:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18976073#post18976073

I've checked out the post Aph - but I'm not sure what Ratts is doing in the photo. It could be:

A. Ball tampering.
B. The Hokey Pokey - "you put your left in and shake it all about."
C. An Al Bundy.
D. A baseball sign - relating to ball movement.

Also why is Murphy clapping?

ratsexcited.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back