Brisbane International Sun 31st Dec to Sun 7th Jan 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam looking even slower and hitting the ball with less power this year, was an extremely ugly performance. Wouldn't of even put it down to Australian nerves, was just ordinary. We'll see how she goes I guess but retirement is looking closer (as much as I hate saying it)

Did not expect anything at all from Stosur, she has had a very long lay off with her hand injury.

She played a bit in Asia towards the end of the year and the off season, no real excuses sadly

Aiava has come out awfully today too

She played a bit in Asia towards the end of the year and the off season, no real excuses sadly

Aiava has come out awfully today too

I am aware of that but my expectations of her these days are low anyway and with so much time away from the court and her usual performances in Australia I didn't expect anything remarkable from her.

I really don't think Aiava will do much in tennis. She has talent but seems like another one who has been pushed into it.

Man Alex impresses me every time I see him, his returning was exceptional last night, made up for his lack of size. Seems to have a good head on his shoulders

A few Aussies in action today, JP Smith made it through qualies and will play Zverev the elder. Thompson and Ebden also playing today and Barty tonight.

I see that Ebden and Millman are playing doubles together which somewhat surprises me.

Last edited:
A few Aussies in action today, JP smith made it through qualies and will play Zverev the elder. Thmpson and Ebden also playing today and Barty tonight.

I see that Ebden and Millman are playing doubles together which somewhat surprises me.
Don't they have a long history of not getting along? Very surprising if true

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few Aussies in action today, JP Smith made it through qualies and will play Zverev the elder. Thompson and Ebden also playing today and Barty tonight.

Not surprising at all. Both live in Perth and have been playing for the same club (Melville), doing the rounds in state league. They train together all the time.

Still early in the tournament but my prediction is that Dimitrov will win and be the champion once again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back