British doctor claims he doped 150 sports stars

Remove this Banner Ad

Where there is incentive - highly competitive people will do "whatever it takes."

Whatever it takes has, for a long time included drugs to improve performance - overcome injury - build strength etc etc.

I wish it were not so.

But, I am with blackcat on this one and pass no moral judgement one way or the other.

If I am honest with myself, had I been good enough to be pro at anything as a youngster, and, given the choice is really between possibly having a career in sport and the rewards that it brings or doing 9 to 5 and playing ammos on the weekend I would have taken the drugs.

Don't blame the athlete - blame the business which drives all of these sports. After all, they could. if they really wanted to, substantially reduce the use of PED's but, that would put their gravy train at risk if their product is not seen as sale-able as the other one. Yep, the players are complicit but they are just playing by the actual rules of the game.

Bring on the e
Without enforcement, cheats succeed.
All for the enforcement, just not individuals and clubs waving victim card when caught out. They all knew about the enforcement when they took the substance. Yet will still try.
Your HTB will never be without a current drug story chief, a pity.

BREAKING: SEVEN @LCFC players, two @SpursOfficial, one arsenal and one mcfc player have been found guilty of #doping. More to come.
LCFC: Schmeichel, Fuchs, Kante, Mahrez, Vardy, Albrighton, Okazaki
THFC: Eriksen, N'jie
AFC: Iwobi
MCFC: Iheanacho

Got that from Big Cox 88 on Facebook

BREAKING: SEVEN @LCFC players, two @SpursOfficial, one arsenal and one mcfc player have been found guilty of #doping. More to come.

Just to add, Chelsea and Arsenal are refuting the claims and trying to shut them down. Ranieri is allegedly the central figure, with connections to doctors/sports scientists during his time at Chelsea and now Leicester.

so why are all of the names exclusively (sounding) as if they are foreigners?

no radcliffe, no stevie gerrard, no david beckham, no bradley wiggins, no chris froome, no chris hoy, no gareth bale

Where there is a large reward and insufficient rules and enforcement, cheats will move in.
Where there is a large reward and lots of rules, cheats will move in.

not how it works.

The "enforcement" you call, is a pas de deux, a ballet, a dance of two. It is the economy stupid bubba clinton, Its the Game Theory stupid, any new regulations or laws, the individuals/bloc they are intended to supervise, will just switch their behaviour to subvert the new administration.

and since there is more money and motive to subvert the oversight, they win. And the money/research in Big Pharma, tho the industry is not Oil, it is one major international multinational industry, they would overrides WADA by prolly one million fold. Not a million bucks, but a million times the budget that WADA have to develop and research testing. That is, their R&D budget is one-millionth the budget that Big Pharma has.

get ur head around it people.

speak to 61_99 peeps. she knows

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not how it works.

The "enforcement" you call, is a pas de deux, a ballet, a dance of two. It is the economy stupid bubba clinton, Its the Game Theory stupid, any new regulations or laws, the individuals/bloc they are intended to supervise, will just switch their behaviour to subvert the new administration.

and since there is more money and motive to subvert the oversight, they win. And the money/research in Big Pharma, tho the industry is not Oil, it is one major international multinational industry, they would overrides WADA by prolly one million fold. Not a million bucks, but a million times the budget that WADA have to develop and research testing. That is, their R&D budget is one-millionth the budget that Big Pharma has.

get ur head around it people.

speak to 61_99 peeps. she knows
So what you're saying is that the rules and enforcement are inadequate?

no. this is a paradox

the rules and enforcement regime, can never achieve what they are communicated to achieve.

not that they are inadequate.

that they are a fools errand.
That's just another way of saying inadequate.

however Chief, he of unmatched wisdom

if you would say, they are a hundcuff and restraint on egregious and unconstrained doping that would legitimately make sport a freak show... then yes, I concede this.

in this scenario, i support Gilligan and Fitzpatrick and ASADA in their forlorn quest.

the devil's advocate AGAINST me. (NB. I am indicting myself here)... is.
so blackcat third person, so blackcat, your true contempt or indignance, is not from AFL house trying to constrain Windy Hill and only Windy Hill, your true contempt lies with the communication of it, and the deceiving and their communications strategy.

Your HTB will never be without a current drug story chief, a pity.

count the media sales.

Chief, he of unmatched wisdom aint unhappy double negative, Chief, he of unmatched wisdom is rolling in the lucre like
scrooge-mcduck.jpg

who is the rich duck in the daffy duck oeuvre ?

Lol, this thread just battled its way to two pages.

I can’t believe some of the fearless anti-doping warriors who have nothing to say re PED allegations against massive names in the world’s biggest sport.

WE JUST WANT CLEAN SPORT DAMMIT
We are doing supercoach

so why are all of the names exclusively (sounding) as if they are foreigners?

no radcliffe, no stevie gerrard, no david beckham, no bradley wiggins, no chris froome, no chris hoy, no gareth bale

Probably as most of the names you listed above are either retired or not playing in England any more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back