Toast Brock Mclean a Bluebagger

Remove this Banner Ad

600k? Where the funk will the dogs pull that from? :eek::eek:

I wouldn't be paying him 200k if he came to the Blues...

Its $300k per year, to tell you the truth, what he can add to the Dogs its worth it, he could be the missing piece to pull them over the line into a GF.

Well doen to the Dogs i think, Eade has a way of turning players around.

Not sure I've ever disagreed with anything you've ever said J, my favourite poster going around, but, honestly, well, I have to completely disagree with that.

Couldn't see Goose doing much for us, and I'd love Hall.

But I'm really stoked about McLean. Good result. :thumbsu:
Agree.

Maguire and Tarrant can play, but do nothing for me and our list.

A second round pick plus and Browne or Armfield for a 30 year old Tarrant is madness.

Embers needs to be drug tested by the AFL...

Hall would be a good get.

Along with Austin, Waite, Kreuzer, O'hAilpin, Hall would give us a mobile collection of talls who can forward.

The Swans are laughing if they think they hold the whip handle with Hall.

They can't demand a second round pick for a player they dumped mid-season.

We shouldn't get into a bidding war with picks for Hall.

Just to let you know, Stevens was on 600K this year... shocking i know, but i know it to be FACT as i know his finace pretty well. Mclean will fit in easily, and Fev will be on the veterans list next year which means 1/2 his wage doesnt come on to our cap.

Bloody good get for your club here guys. Brocks inside work is fantastic, and he will help Judd out heaps in this regard. When he is fit, he can be very damaging, and his kicking into the forward 50 is very under-rated. He played this year injured, getting jabs in his ankle to get him through games, and as such his foot was numb, which effected his kicking and running. If you go back and watch his games before this year, his kicking is actually really good. With your medical staff, he will get back to full fitness and become an AA midfielder IMO. In 2-3 years time when Murphy and Gibbs peak aswell, you will have the best midfield in the league. Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Mclean, they can all be damaging and warrant a tag on their day. With Kruez tapping it down to them...jeez it's a scary prospect!

It's a real shame to see him go. I do hope he gets back to full fitness and shows us how good he is. And I hope we get a good player with Pick 11 or I'm going to be very f*cking p*ssed off!!!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/stevo-career-doubt/story-e6frf8w6-1225778906982

He is understood to have become increasingly frustrated with the negative roles assigned him this year by coach Dean Bailey.

While there is a major query on his pace, he is strong and brave, and will make life much more comfortable for Chris Judd at stoppages.

McLean's exit from Melbourne ends a deteriorating relationship between club and player.

He is understood to have been hurt and disappointed recently when asked to take a pay cut after spending $15,000 at a Demons auction night and, last year, donating $10,000 to the club's Debt Demolition program.

He was also unimpressed with assessments by Melbourne officials that the club was as long as 4-6 years away from success.

McLean formally told Melbourne he wanted out on Monday.

Demons general manager list management Tim Harrington said: "It is very disappointing to lose a player of Brock's calibre."

Couple of dodgy knock ups of a Blue Brock...

brockcarl2.jpg

carlbrock.jpg

I'm using a touch pad and it's late ok!? :mad::p

EDIT: All pictures are the intellectual property of TheKITC

Awesome get!!!! On Monday I was at Albert park and I saw him running pretty hard. He looked angry but I thought that he was tired. But now I see that he is going to have a big pre season and rip it up next year!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harrington (Demons list manager) was on SEN this morning:

- He said by the time Mclean told them he wanted to move to Carlton on Monday, it was done and dusted, nothing would change his mind to keep him there.

- Also conceded Carlton had obviously been working on luring him without their knowledge, they had no idea this was coming 3 days ago.

Harrington (Demons list manager) was on SEN this morning:

- He said by the time Mclean told them he wanted to move to Carlton on Monday, it was done and dusted, nothing would change his mind to keep him there.

- Also conceded Carlton had obviously been working on luring him without their knowledge, they had no idea this was coming 3 days ago.

even C4 knew 3 days ago :D:D

I am happy with Brock leaving and getting pick 11 from u guys, if it was 3 years ago I would say no, but now yes. He has been hit down with a groin and ankle injury over the past 3 years and has missed at least 40 games throug injury over the past 5 years and has lost at least 40% of his pace and is not worth the $400k he is on and it really frees up our midfield.

Yes he is a top leader and hard at it but he is so slow and gets caught all the time and has no explosive speed. I can't see any reason why u guys would take him as he wants to play in the middle and only in the middle. You guys really need a KPF and KPD AND NOT another Midfielder as u have Judd, Gibbs, Murphy and Houlihan. He is basically just replacing Stevens as he has same speed as him and will retire early if his groin keeps flairing up over the next couple of years.

I believe this is a win for Melbourne as he is not worth pick 11 now maybe 3 years ago. Good luck with the $400k u will pay him each year. Also good luck to Brocky.

I am happy with Brock leaving and getting pick 11 from u guys, if it was 3 years ago I would say no, but now yes. He has been hit down with a groin and ankle injury over the past 3 years and has missed at least 40 games throug injury over the past 5 years and has lost at least 40% of his pace and is not worth the $400k he is on and it really frees up our midfield.

Yes he is a top leader and hard at it but he is so slow and gets caught all the time and has no explosive speed. I can't see any reason why u guys would take him as he wants to play in the middle and only in the middle. You guys really need a KPF and KPD AND NOT another Midfielder as u have Judd, Gibbs, Murphy and Houlihan. He is basically just replacing Stevens as he has same speed as him and will retire early if his groin keeps flairing up over the next couple of years.

I believe this is a win for Melbourne as he is not worth pick 11 now maybe 3 years ago. Good luck with the $400k u will pay him each year. Also good luck to Brocky.

Wouldn't think he'll be getting anywhere near 400k. More like 250 -300.

In whats touted as a weak draft I think its a good move, a 23 year old with nearly 100 game under his belt and a good frame is what we need, how long do we want to keep building for the time is now, we got all we need out of the draft in recent years its time to get some hardened bodies in there and push for a flag!

even C4 knew 3 days ago :D:D
What can I say ...:cool:

But on a serious note .. we're into Andrejs Everitt and Spangher in a big way.

Both want to come to Carlton -

We were right in there for Gibson (better financial offer than Hawthorn) - but with Pick #11 off the Table - and with 2 defenders who are more proactive in aiming to join us, that is now off the cards.

Good move

Brock Mclean gives us what we need. Where pick 11 would have given us the unknown.

The coaches and recruiters arent stupid. Its obvious we need a CHF.
And that man is Matthew Kreuzer.

He is a top ruckman but lets think about it..

We used Pick #1 on him
Pick #17 on Hampson
Pick #24 on Warnock in a high quality draft.

Unless our plan was to play Kreuz at CHF there is no way we would have gone for Warnock IMO.

We also have Thornton, Jammo, Bower, Austin as possible KP Defenders. With Waite mostly forward and can help down back when needed.

Quality ruck replacement in Jacobs for a few years before most likely requesting a trade.

This is a great move for the club.

And i think the Dees fans have done themselves proud by not coming on here and bagging Brock and the club :thumbsu: Better than WC fans thats for sure.

as i said in another thread, we are selling ourselves short to think of the trade in terms of a replacement for Stevens. Brock will play a more important role around the stoppages and the on-flow effects for Judd and Murph should be significant too......definitely coming :thumbsu:

Who was the muppet who just bagged Hughes on SEN because he picked Livingston and Vance?

Was that in the short break between ads?

WHAT **** JUST HAPPENED?!?!?
Just come home and ****ing hear Brock is leaving Melbourne and then BOOM he's coming to Carlton for pick 11.

I Don't know what to think, pick 11 goes begging... but we get ****ing quality. THis is weird.
But **** me Melbourne 1,2 and 11. :eek:

You know you are allowed to swear with all the symbols?

LOL let's get a player from every team, and surely by then all the crap players will have been pushed out, and then Carlton will win their next flag!

Camporeale sends kisses.

When he won't get tagged he is going to destroy it.

Does this imply he can't shake a tag?

Hope to god Brock and Fev never travel overseas together.

Plus Tarrant:eek:

The only concern about McLean is the fact he has missed a fair bit of footy through injury, but hopefully he can get that right over preseason and get some fitness into him, as for him replacing stevens - I don't agree with that, McLean is an inside midifielder and will give us some much needed grunt, Stevens on the other hand was an outside mid who possessed classy skills but has really passed his best, has has weight issues and really doesn't look like getting back that form and consistency that made him a quality player

You wouldn't be singing this song if he were still @ your club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back