Past Brock McLean

Remove this Banner Ad

21940304.jpg

:rolleyes:

Well played :D

At least if you completed that game the guy would be injury free. ;)

Link

''He's come from a long way back so obviously he needs ground time to lift his conditioning and get him back into where he needs to be. I don't think Carlton want to rush that because he's missed pre-season,'' Harris said.

He said McLean had found some confidence after playing consecutive matches - and being among the best - for the Bullants in the opening four VFL matches

''When you're not playing it can be really frustrating for you,'' Harris said. ''But when you start to play, you get more control over the way you feel because you're actually out there. You're actually stamping your position within the side so for him to be playing, I reckon it's been really positive for him.

''He's starting to see that there's some real light at the end of the tunnel if he can maintain and keep improving his form.

''I think out of five or six games that he's been playing for the Bullants now, he's probably been in the best in five of them.''

Link

Carlton stars fire in second-tier win

McLean had 31 disposals and laid nine tackles, but Harris said he was still unlikely to win a place ahead of similar types Dave Ellard and Ed Curnow.

"Selection isn't just about getting someone in, it's about balance of a side," he said.

"There's no doubt he's in magnificent form and is ready to go for Carlton when that position becomes available."

Carlton stars fire in second-tier win

Suspect Mclean is the type who will keep working hard and do what the coaches ask of him until he gets his chance.

Carlton midfielder Brock McLean strives to prove his worth

"I don't care what other people think," a typically frank McLean said after his 17-disposal performance.

"I have always been brought up that way and I will die that way. I am just worried about what the people inside the football club think and what my teammates think.

"If you spend your whole life worrying about what other people say, it is never going to get you anywhere."

"I think they were actually Carlton supporters; I think they were booing me more than the Melbourne ones," he joked.

"I still think it is going to take me a bit of time, but it's just good to be out there playing," he said.

"I missed a big chunk of footy and I don't think people realise how big a step it is from the VFL. It's just good to finally get some momentum and string some games together. It's a big thing, continuity in footy.

"The body is feeling good, and touch wood I can just keep the ball rolling and improving each week."

"I've always had a soft spot for Carlton because my Pop played in two premiership with them," he said. "It is a pretty special moment to run out in No.14."

Carlton midfielder Brock McLean strives to prove his worth

:thumbsu: :D

719396-carlton-nab-cup.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Anderson:Carlton midfielder Brock McLean should consider move to GWS

GREATER Western Sydney appeals as the best and possibly only hope for Brock McLean to resurrect his stuttering AFL career.

It would appear he is no longer part of Carlton’s long-term plans after a brief return at senior level produced just two matches with limited game time.

McLean was originally in the Carlton team that travelled to AAMI Stadium to play Port Adelaide on Sunday before being told last Thursday that he was to be overlooked.

The return of rookie-promoted Ed Curnow seemingly cost McLean his spot, so it was back to the VFL with Northern Bullants to pick up another 30-plus possessions.

The problem for McLean is the jump in pace between the two competitions is such that he needs an extended run at senior level to get used to the intensity.

John Anderson:Carlton midfielder Brock McLean should consider move to GWS

Does Anderson realise that Mclean would have to be traded? ;)

Brock has a contract for 2011.

I think Anderson was spot-on with what he said about needing to string some games together at AFL level to get his feet back under him again. He's been playing all season in the VFL and playing really well, but it is a big jump from there to the AFL level, and getting 2 games isn't enough for a player to adjust to the pace. If he was to get some more consecutive games at AFL level, I think he would start to get into the swing of it and his performance would improve.

I guess at the end of the day though, he is doing everything he can to get a game. He is getting his body right, playing hard and playing well at VFL level, which is all he can really do to try and get a spot for Carlton. At the end of the day, I think the only reason he isn't in the senior team is because of how well Ellard and particularly Curnow and Robinson have been playing. That says a lot about how good our depth is these days.

McLean fights on for his spot at the Blues:Jon Pierik
McLean, 26 next month, has had injury concerns in recent years but appears to have dropped weight over summer and moved well in the scorching heat at training yesterday.

Blues assistant coach Gavin Brown said McLean had impressed through the pre-season and was doing everything possible to break into arguably the league's best midfield.

''He looks really good. His card is not stamped otherwise he would not be here,'' Brown said.

''We see him as a valuable commodity. He just has to stake his claim. If he goes well and his form is there, then he will play. No doubt, it's a big year for him.''

McLean's lack of speed has often been highlighted as a key deficiency, but Brown said consistency was more the issue.

''I think that's just a matter of being consistent. He is a very good stoppage player. If he can find some good, consistent form there is no reason why he can't break into that midfield and put a lot of pressure on,'' he said.
McLean fights on for his spot at the Blues:Jon Pierik

I know I sound negative, but we have heard this all before about Brock. This will be his last year if he can't show anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back