Multiplat Broken Roads " Fallout in Western Australia's vast Wheatbelt region"

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 3, 2002
In a good place
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NBA Winning Machines/Dallas Cowboys
interesting concept. Guessing the Final boss will be Mark McGowan.

"You cannot beat him, you must wait until he retires"

Lake Grace Boss can be a fully Fit 2015 Nat Fyfe!

Western Australia's vast Wheatbelt region is the setting of an upcoming dystopian role-playing video game, based 100 years after a nuclear apocalypse wipes out most of civilisation.

Broken Roads, developed by Australian company Drop Bear Bytes, is a single-player narrative game tackling topics like survival, politics and moral philosophy.

Set for full release on PC and console later this year, the game features landmarks and landscapes unique to WA and will be translated into eight languages.

Game director and Drop Bear Bytes co-founder Craig Ritchie said Broken Roads took heavy influence from the Australian film series Mad Max, and the hugely successful US video game series Fallout

Last edited:
When did the term become "CRPG"?

Just incase anyone isn't aware it's a computer game

GIF by Andrew and Pete

I've read some retro reviews before where it was used, and had to look it up. I think it was a prevalent term in the 90s that just fell away.

On topic, am interested in this. Hope it's worthwhile and becomes a surprise hit.

We got to preview the game at PAX last year (well, not really at PAX, but the devs had preview sessions at a hotel nearby, and we were lucky enough), and it looks and plays really well. A lot more seems to have been added/polished since then I've got an interview lined up for later in the year. I reckon this will be a hit.

crpg term has been around for like 40+ years lol. these days its almost used as classicRPG rather than computerRPG and is for a particular branch of RPG genre

also yeah really excited for this one, crpg my favourite genre and always good to see more aussie stuff. hope they release it a bit later in the year well after Baldur's Gate 3 and Starfield 😱

Remove this Banner Ad

Back