XBX Indiana Jones and the Great Circle

Remove this Banner Ad

Available on Gamepass through Windows and Xbox sometime in 2024.

Last edited:

I guess it gives more opportunities for puzzles. I was actually just thinking about this game the other day and was hoping it wouldn't just be another Uncharted or Tomb Raider. As in third person, mostly action with only some ancient setting and cheap, quick puzzles.
Yeah that is the risk I suppose. With so many great 3rd person puzzle games, what more could it add?

But for some reason it just doesn’t look like a fps type of game at all.
Hopefully I’m wrong.

Yeah that is the risk I suppose. With so many great 3rd person puzzle games, what more could it add?

But for some reason it just doesn’t look like a fps type of game at all.
Hopefully I’m wrong.

I think it can be a good puzzle game as third person, I think I was just concerned it might be another standard third person shooter action game. I was surprised with it being first person too but the first thing I thought of was that means there is a possibility you can more actively interact with things. And the reason I thought of that is because one of the first lessons anyone will get when learning a game engine is how to pick up an object in first person and place it on something else to make another thing happen. Exactly like the intro to Raiders of the Lost Ark lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keen. Still one of the most iconic theme tracks and an anthem of my childhood.

Same.

Thoughts on the movies post Crusade?

1-3 some of my all time favorites. Especially with the dabbling in history & myths.

Don't want to keep hopes up too much. But the story sounds great, as well as Harrison's likeness and Troy's attempt at his voice. Lot of things in the right direction.

Really hope it's big on the puzzles though.

Just saw this was xbox only...unsubbed :sadv1:

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Same.

1-3 some of my all time favorites. Especially with the dabbling in history & myths.

Don't want to keep hopes up too much. But the story sounds great, as well as Harrison's likeness and Troy's attempt at his voice. Lot of things in the right direction.

So I actually haven't seen any of the movies post the first three 😬. I know a lot of people love Temple of Doom but my favourite are the other two where he's up against the Germans. A few scenes in the trailer looked like they could have been right out of Last Crusade and Raiders of the Lost Ark so I think this will be right in the sweet spot.

It would be cool if it went deep into some myths. I love stories about where the Ark might be and stuff like that (either Indy got me into that sort of stuff as a kid or I liked Indy because the movies were about that) so if they can include some cool things like that then I think I'll get right into it.

I saw it had Marcus Brody in the trailer and I hope the game has Shorty too lol. Mr Jones Mr Jones! It probably won't though as he's Temple and this looks more the other two.

I guess it gives more opportunities for puzzles. I was actually just thinking about this game the other day and was hoping it wouldn't just be another Uncharted or Tomb Raider. As in third person, mostly action with only some ancient setting and cheap, quick puzzles.
Agree. I love Uncharted but making this a 3rd person shooter would have been a mistake.

Machine games were part of the Wolfenstein games wern’t they? Can definitely see it in the first person IJ gameplay footage.
Yes and the studio they spawned from, Starbreeze, were mostly known for First Person games as well so I wasn't hugely surprise to see this.

Really looking forward to this. Watching Indiana Jones movies as a kid has given me a lifelong fascination with history (my first degree at uni is actually in history and ancient history). Can't wait 😀

Same.

I watched the latest one on a plane the other day. It was surprisingly good, especially if you had the history of the first three films. He's also up against the Nazi's again, so big tick there.

The 80's sound of him punching people still gets me. They need to get that right in the game.

Have you tried playing with FOV settings before in first person games that give you motion sickness?
First thing I do for any game is check the settings and adjust it to lessen the chance of motion sickness but sometimes I just can’t avoid it. It doesn’t happen too often so hopefully this game will be fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back