Brownlow Brownlow 2021 Discussion

Jul 22, 2003
Melbourne
We have a player to be unconditionally proud of in young Walshy - that was fitting recognition of his stellar season, in what was otherwise a difficult year. Sam is a gem, and if all is fair and reasonable in footy during the remainder of his career, he'll surely snare a Brownlow before he's done.

For the good of the team, though, it'd be preferable to see a few teammates jostling for votes with Walsh in the years to come.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
E_pdLR0WQAYgBym

Jamie007

Club Legend
Oct 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
another acute contribution.........any true supporter would know carlton would have turned wines into an injury riddled reserves back flanker by now......
Gee for someone who blocked me you sure do quote a lot of my posts.

But to think we could have probably also got Oliver last year if not so obsessed with back flankers like Saad and Zac Williams.

Oct 4, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Everyone’s assuming the Blues stuffed up the supposed Wines acquisition a couple of years back, but I don’t recall any certainty from ITK posters about the move.

Even if it was looking good at one point, these things fall through for any number of reasons, and to say the club stuffed it up, or didn’t want him or whatever, are just guesses, right?

No they aren't...

Jul 22, 2003
Melbourne
Wines & Boak poll 61 between them.

Gotta be some sort of record.

Yeah, good call - amazing numbers.

A similar case that came to mind was Swan and Pendlebury, but they totalled only ('only'!) 58 back in 2011. Haven't been through all the results, but Geelong might've had some years with some high combined totals at the pointy end... but yep, surely 61 is a record.

Will Cripps bounce back to be Walshy's Boak? Fingers crossed!

Back