Bryce Gibbs staying at Carlton - Silvagni in the no blinking zone

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but their feral supporters will be livid they just wasted 2 weeks of their life dreaming of a late model rolls Royce and getting rolled for a player they put up as a blunt knife.

I work for News Corp, and I can guarantee you the advertiser will give the supporters what they want. I bet The crows are absolutely dreading it....

Nothing to do with the argument.

Adelaide thought they had us over a barrel using the 'family' tactic and were proved wrong.
Embarrassing for Reid....and the AFC....for him to be still spruiking that out....as if he cared for Lauren and the kids....He's a fraud and got found out.

This is not about geese or apologists it's about the reality of buying and selling
Whether it's stocks, homes, cars, watches or footballers this is how the world spins

You obviously don't trade much.. Am I correct?

I have and for a living. I've also had to spend as much time bidding on tenders for all kinds of contracts which are much more complex and nuanced than a single trade. Sometimes you have to pay fair value, even a little over to get the big prize.

The big prize here isn't the trade, it's the impact on your plan. Adelaide plan is to improve the midfield so they can improve top 4 and Reid put all his eggs in trying to win it by getting Gibbs on the cheap.

He didn't have a plan and lost Lyon as well. At the end of the trade period not only has their list not improved its now less potent.

...and I can tell you Reid got handed his arse today. He'll have dropped quite a distance in his masters eyes.

That's ludicrous.
If port wanted him they would have made a song and dance about trying to join in.
They didn't make any moves this trade season. Not for anybody

Gibbs would have been open to Port if they came to the dance and asked him for a dance.

It's not ludicrous at all. In fact, it was Gibbs who only met with Crows players and only signaled intent to join Adelaide that put Port off.

If he had any intention of being open to a Port trade, he would've mentioned it. Don't be so naive. Bryce wasn't seeking a trade solely for family reasons, he was chasing success as well. You'd be crazy to believe otherwise. Not that I blame him for chasing success but the way he went about it was wrong imo.

You read this and really find out how dodgy Adelaide were

From the Age

Bryce Gibbs was denied his wish to move home to Adelaide after the Blues rejected the Crows' final offer of this year's first-round pick, a small slide of an early future draft pick and former rookie Jake Kelly.

Carlton held firm to their demand of two first-round draft picks and turned down the offer, which added player manager Craig Kelly's son Jake to pick 13 and a future second-round pick, because in the deal Adelaide also wanted not only Gibbs but Carlton's future second-round pick.

The Crows. Taking the clown craze to the next level.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...aide-trade-falls-through-20161020-gs6v0p.html

I dont understand why would you want to keep a player who obviously doesn't wanna be there. Full knowing now that hes heart wont be in any game he plays. Happily takes a kids spot.
I dont understand why a player whose club has tainted his whole carwer, would return to play for them after a 2 year suspension.

Run along now little one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You read this and really find out how dodgy Adelaide were

From the Age

Bryce Gibbs was denied his wish to move home to Adelaide after the Blues rejected the Crows' final offer of this year's first-round pick, a small slide of an early future draft pick and former rookie Jake Kelly.

Carlton held firm to their demand of two first-round draft picks and turned down the offer, which added player manager Craig Kelly's son Jake to pick 13 and a future second-round pick, because in the deal Adelaide also wanted not only Gibbs but Carlton's future second-round pick.
Geez just gets better and better. Good job SOS.

It's not up to Carlton to counter-offer, it's up to the Crows. They thought they could get him for a steal and they were wrong. Onwards and upwards to 2017!

No doubt this fiasco had a huge impact on our trade period outcome...it meant GWS held out til the last minute in anticipation of pick 13 in their laps, that Geelong could get overs in the Tuohy trade because we needed an alternative route, and in the end nothing else got done besides the trades that were a fait accompli before the period even started. It was an excruciating time for the fans, God only knows what it was like for SOS and his team seeing the clock running down each day and the recalcitrants across the table sitting there happily watching it tick away.

FWIW I'm disappointed the trade didn't eventuate as it would have assisted our rebuild, but after listening to this interview with Reid I can understand why it didn't. https://www.sen.com.au/audio/
I would've thought some of the main prerequisites of being a list manager are:
  • to be an effective negotiator,
  • to be able to communicate effectively and create meaningful dialogue,
  • to be able to solve problems by thinking outside the square,
  • to build allegiances through effective networking to progress past perceived impasses.
Reid obviously still thinks like a player manager not a list manager. Reckon Carlton and Adelaide members and supporters have every right to be absolutely pissed with Reids amateur efforts. Wasted everybody's time on a deal that Noble would've completed within a day or two and I'd be surprised if Reid retains his position next year.

Good luck to Adelaide trying to poach players in the future after this schamozzle.

The whole Gibbs' former manager (Reid) stating family reasons, doesn't sit too comfortably with me either.
****ing hell I agree with this. We needed to get this done after Gibbs committed to us. Not two firsts or the young untouchables but find something. How the hell are we going to get Fyfe now ?!

Apparently our final offer was 13 + 49 + Jake Kelly.

Bryce wasn't worth two 1sts, but no wonder you said no to that.

Reckon 13 + 2017 2nd gets it done, but we didn't want to part with it. For some reason.

Unbelievably poor dealing by our club.
Can't see how Reid keeps his job after this stuff up.

I dont understand why would you want to keep a player who obviously doesn't wanna be there. Full knowing now that hes heart wont be in any game he plays. Happily takes a kids spot.

Its alright we will just inject him with peds and he will never want to leave the club. Oh wait thats another clubs MO not ours .....

So at the end of trade day Damian Barrett was saying that Gibbs was furious. Yet it's says in the age article that Carlton could not contact Gibbs after the trade didn't go through as he was on an international flight with Marc Murphy. So errrrrr how does anyone know if he was furious if he was on a plane and uncontactable. At that stage he probably didn't even know if he was traded or not. So is Barrett just full of shit or what.
And if the Gibbs family want to head home because the lack of support, maybe Bryce shouldn't be going on boys trips to the USA with Marc Murphy and leaving his wife home alone with their child if it's such an issue with his wife struggling with lack of support. Maybe start taking family holidays Bryce instead of boys trips all over the world. Just an idea if that's the reason you're using for wanting to go home.

I don't think Adelaide wanted Gibbs bad enough.
It was more Gibbs who wanted to go home for his personal situation and no port had no salary cap space unless they swapped out Hartlett to us
In Adelaide's mind they offered what they thought Gibbs was worth
He was worth more to us.
Move on!

I still don't buy the "personal situation" story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back