Bucks out indefinately

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd love to have him out there but I'm sick of the will he won't he play. Give Bucks as much time as he needs. This means the group collectively needs to lift 10%, no passengers like Williams, all hands on deck. Opposition sides will think we're an easy kill, time to really show some spirit.

The guy should retire otherwise he will spend the rest of his life as a cripple. There is no way he will be fit again this year and his body is to old and will keep happening over and over again.

Good opportuniy to look for a new leader for the next five years. I hope they dont make Rocca captain he is such a mummys boy. Anybody his size should be killing opposition defenders like Locket. :eek:

goalpie said:
The guy should retire otherwise he will spend the rest of his life as a cripple. There is no way he will be fit again this year and his body is to old and will keep happening over and over again.

Good opportuniy to look for a new leader for the next five years. I hope they dont make Rocca captain he is such a mummys boy. Anybody his size should be killing opposition defenders like Locket. :eek:

thats a typical newbie rave and i dont think i agree with any of it....you want a champion of the club, arguably our best ever player to retire just because he had some tightening in the hammie, and he may be out indefinitely?

goalpie said:

have you ever seen pebbles play in the flesh,not from the way you have babbling. : :mad:

Now Darren Millane. Thats the sought of player Collingwood needs. He wasnt a whoose. In fact they plenty of tougth players in those days. Maby (Clue) thats why they won a grand final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah OK we'll bring Millane back from the dead and we'll give Gavin Brown some reverse ageing serum and we'll be sweet.

On Buckley he just needs to build up his fitness base over the next couple of weeks and Collingwood will need to get one of those machines from Europe (used by soccer players )which lessens scar tissue.

Not saying anything against Buckley hes a great player. Collingwood just lack tougth leaders. I cant think of any player on the squad who could frighten the opposition. Millane was a fair player, you new he was coming and he use to dish it out. Craig Kelly, Denis Banks and even Mcguane were in your face players.

How many Flags has Mcguane won now. He got 2 in tassie. Now he would have been better for the club than McKenna. Oops hes Malthouse little boy. :eek:

bucksisbest said:
Yeah OK we'll bring Millane back from the dead and we'll give Gavin Brown some reverse ageing serum and we'll be sweet.

On Buckley he just needs to build up his fitness base over the next couple of weeks and Collingwood will need to get one of those machines from Europe (used by soccer players )which lessens scar tissue.

I was looking at Rowdy at training the other day and he looks pretty fit. We were actually talking about him making a comeback. Maybe that's our solution to a rie up the ladder :D

grayza said:
thats a typical newbie rave and i dont think i agree with any of it....you want a champion of the club, arguably our best ever player to retire just because he had some tightening in the hammie, and he may be out indefinitely?

Hey I made a dumb call the other night about St Kilda speaking of newbie raves.But agree with you entirely. Nathan Buckley commands far more respect for what he has bought to this club.
Its round 2 and if and only if Bucks does not play this year then how good will it be to at least see over a season exactly where we are at.
Hope he's back in at least 3 tho touch wood.

jabso said:
Apparently Buckley's injury is unique amd hard to guage. He can train to full capacity but when he lifts his instensity for the game he will work himself too hard which means he is tired and his hamstring will tighten up again.
That is my understanding of it.
He is not a 'cripple'.

Jabso and others take note of Ben Hart , He has what is called Calcification of his hamstrings, which sounds like what Buckley has. Ben Hart 8 weeks ago was on his retirement legs. He has been managed very carefully and yes Adelaide were lucky he had most of the off season to recover but I am sure with time Buckley will be back streaming off the backline soon. Dont write him off he may be a seagull in my book but he is also a champion.

But yes like Hart his time is coming so appreciate what you have.

FWIW, I've always enjoyed watching Buckley play - a tremendous player - and will be sorry to see him leave the game.

If you don't like watching him and other great players (not from your club) play, then you don't like footy.

PS Hope he is back is soon - I know how I felt when I saw Grant do his knee in Rd 1, 2003. Not good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back