Teams Buffalo Bills - The Stampede

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously take this with a grain of salt but apparently Diggs asked for a trade around mid season.
Wasnt happy with the offence being run by Brady , more run and empahasis on flexibility .
He then asked again post season and pretty much until we did the trade. Pretty much they got fed up with it.
He also wanted to get to KC .

Bar the odd public blow up he is fine in the locker .
This is all from the Bills contact I met last year .

I went into this off season a little down, given all the roster cuts. Didn't think we would be a playoff team until we got the salary cap under control....then the Diggs trade happened and that belief only got stronger for a few days.

Sitting here now, my position has evolved somewhat. Obviously we need to see how the draft pans out AND we get a 10 million dollar cap increase on June 1 for the Tre White release,which gives us the flexibility to bring in a top FA like a Justin Simmons or a DJ Chark (I don't like the idea of Aiyuk because that will cost multiple draft picks, and the WR class is DEEP!), so it's not all bad news for 2024.

I will say that 2025 is looking like a different story altogether. No longer will we be in cap hell AND we're getting an early second round draft pick from the Texans.

So yeah, I'm getting very itchy pre-draft, like never before. As Hands pointed out above, Beane will have multiple road maps on draft day - he just has to nail at least two day one starters.

We certainly should not be giving up in 2024.

I reckon we’ve moved to day 2 to give us extra time to try work out our salary cap for Ayuik. Otherwise it’s a weird move to give up the extra year on a rookie contract.
Good to get back into the 3rd round too.
Listened to Beanes presser . Actually made a lot of sense with plenty of WRs still there . People just up in arms that we traded back with KC 😆
Sounds like we rated them all as round2/3 ( bar top 3 rated )

I think we will
  • 2 x WRs with our next 2-3 picks
  • 1 x WR and 1 x Safety with 2 picks -

Have no doubt there must be a starter WR we have in mind for FA coming

I reckon we’ve moved to day 2 to give us extra time to try work out our salary cap for Ayuik. Otherwise it’s a weird move to give up the extra year on a rookie contract.
Good to get back into the 3rd round too.
Think it will be Deebo rather than Aiyuk, but yes, Bills and Pats reported as interested.

There might be interest from the Pats and Bills but surely neither team is giving up and early second for Deebo, 3rd or 4th maybe. Also, not sure about the fit with Buffalo, already have Curtis Samuel who plays a similar role. (Samuel and Samuel would be fun just coz tho)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh think people look too much into the 40 times
100% , doesn't mean s**t pretty much, no correlation between fast 40 times and NFL success for WRs. Pretty much If you run under a 4.70 it's fine.

Coleman had a good cone time and went thru the gauntlet the quickest out of everyone in testing IIRC.

Last edited:
100% , doesn't mean s**t pretty much, no correlation between fast 40 times and NFL success for WRs. Pretty much If you run under a 4.70 it's fine.

Coleman had a good cone time and went thru the gauntlet this quickest out of everyone in testing IIRC.

Greatest wr ever jerry rice ran 4.71. And didn’t affect his production much.

Greatest wr ever jerry rice ran 4.71. And didn’t affect his production much.
Yeah maybe I should have said 4.75 then. If you've got a good QB and the coaching staff knows how to use players straight line speed is irrelevant.

Clearly there will be furore if Worthy is a ready-made starter and Coleman takes a little while (he is only 20!), but I think the key is being able to catch Josh's throws - whether they be on time but laser quick, a bit off base, long bombs etc..
The athleticism and catch safety is the key.

Hopefully Deebo/Aiyuk come and provide the dynamism and speed.

Agree!

The Bills gifted the Chiefs another AFC title with their first-round trade​

Scheduled to pick at No. 28 on Thursday night and in need of wide receiver help following the Stefon Diggs trade and the loss of Gabe Davis in free agency, Buffalo traded back to No. 32 in a deal with postseason nemesis Kansas City. The Chiefs used the pick to draft speedy Texas wide receiver Xavier Worthy, leading to a nearly unanimous outpouring of the same reaction. WHOA! Mahomes throwing to this guy and Marquise Brown! Unstoppable! What were the Bills thinking???

Verdict: OVERREACTION

The notion that the Chiefs pulled some kind of Jedi mind trick on the Bills to trade up and draft the receiver the Bills actually wanted defies logic. Front offices spend months assessing other teams' needs and which positions they can be expected to target in the draft. There's no way the Bills sent this pick to the Chiefs thinking, "Jeez, I hope they don't pick Worthy!"

Buffalo and Kansas City are in two different places as franchises. The Chiefs have a deep roster that has won the past two Super Bowls and can trade up for players they view as finishing touches. The Bills have seen a ton of talent walk out the door this offseason and need more picks. They added a third-rounder -- they didn't have one at the time -- in this deal. Then they traded back again, from No. 32 to No. 33, and finally drafted a receiver in Florida State's Keon Coleman with the first pick of the second round.

It's true Buffalo hasn't been able to get past Kansas City in the playoffs. But it doesn't mean the Chiefs' front office knows what it's doing and the Bills' front office doesn't. And by the way, do the decisions the Chiefs have made at wide receiver the past few years mean we should assume Worthy will work out -- or that he will definitely be better than Coleman?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back