Fantasy The Terrible Fantasy Manager / Bad Beats Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the best thread on Bigfooty....I get to laugh at (with?) other people's misfortunes with no personal investment and no fatalities, cheating wives, trips to the hospital or contracting an exotic disease whilst on holiday anywhere to be seen.

This is the best thread on Bigfooty....I get to laugh at (with?) other people's misfortunes with no personal investment and no fatalities, cheating wives, trips to the hospital or contracting an exotic disease whilst on holiday anywhere to be seen.
Well time to get ready for a story of despair

Last edited:
3 of my teams in playoffs, all 10-4 records, well constructed rosters have had the most horrific week of all time.

Bless ESPN fantasy projections giving me an 11% chance of turning around a 98 point deficit next week.

Even with my ENTIRE bench playing I'd still be trailing by 20 points
Screenshot_20231219-221839.png

The main thing I get sad about is how I scout all these players, guys that are likely backups and third stringers, either drafting them or grabbing them on waivers after the draft, and hold onto them.....waiting and waiting for them to get their chance, but meanwhile can't afford to keep carrying them as you're trying to win and make playoffs in your fantasy season, so you release them....and, either the following week or so they suddenly get the start due to injury or the following season they climb to starter, and they go off, and someone else picks them up on waivers.

I have my fair share of stinkers that don't amount to anything, but the ones I was right about is what one remembers.

Too many to name, but I go thru the transaction history of players and many were once on my roster.

The taxi squad is like a crucofix across my shoulders, as the following season you can't carry them all and have to cut the roster down.

Of course, there are all those good players I traded away for draft picks, but that is my own damn fault.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see a Hurts owner lose like that honestly, with how many vulture 1 yard TDs he gets throughout the season.
He's 2nd overall for rushing TDs this season with 14 (1 per game which is huge) ahead of CMC with 13, but behind Mostert with 18.

Good to see that Mostert is flourishing after being moved on for CMC

Depends on scoring even with mostert having a great year cmc has him covered by about 100 total pts in fantasy

Think the biggest mistake I made in fantasy this year was not drafting a heap of 49ers like usual. Other than aiyuk I tended to stay away from 49ers.

Think the biggest mistake I made in fantasy this year was not drafting a heap of 49ers like usual. Other than aiyuk I tended to stay away from 49ers.

Your Brock Purdy hate boner really ****ed you.

I started Dak over Stafford this week, looking like a bad call.

Kamara choosing a bad week to have his worst week of the season too, got him in a few leagues.

I started Dak over Stafford this week, looking like a bad call.

Kamara choosing a bad week to have his worst week of the season too, got him in a few leagues.
Getting a few more touches this drive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back