NCAA 2024 - NCAA Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Boise have done well in the portal this year. better then most schools who are not the top of the Big10 or SEC
Our secondary the weak part of our team.

Good luck anyone bar Oregon stopping our offence though.

Heard Micah Pittman from Utah State got injured this last season. The guy can't catch a break. Been keeping an eye on him for years. Actually thought he had potential to make it into the NFL, Many did. But injuries and then moving from Oregon to I think it was Florida state to now Utah. Will probably have this last year and go undrafted of course.

Arch Manning. Be interesting to see how he goes and if he will get a game in 2024. And to see if he can step up from the easier ride he had at a low quality division in high school. Looks real good too. Ive got high hopes.

ESPN officially announced Nick Saben as a new panel member for Gameday, will also cover SEC media days and the NFL draft.

Sadly not replacing Pat Mcafee so will be a 5/6 man desk with Corso still doing a few segments.

The games most least kept secret. It's been spoken about for months. He'll be a great addition and hopefully it means less Corso going forward.
It goes back years.

Couldnt really have much less Corso. He only does like 3 segments. opening 10 mins, head gear and one other small segment.

Another crazy coaching change day:
Chip Kelly UCLA tenure no more. Curious if Brent Brennan would have been offered the job (as a former UCLA WR).

Bill O'Brien to BC.

Wink Martindale to Michigan

Last edited:
It goes back years.

Couldnt really have much less Corso. He only does like 3 segments. opening 10 mins, head gear and one other small segment.
I actually get a little sad reading Aussiedudes sig about the pac12
and realize how much I’ll miss it 😪

I actually get a little sad reading Aussiedudes sig about the pac12
and realize how much I’ll miss it 😪
Dont worry.
Boise State will be the Pac-12's saviour.

6 years at $1.3bn a year. but that doesnt start till the current TV contract ends in 2 years. So really its an 8 year deal. and gives ESPN the right to onsell games to other networks/streaming partners once the deal kicks in from 2026.

But the deal wont be approved till the presidents and commissioners hold their next meeting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 years at $1.3bn a year. but that doesnt start till the current TV contract ends in 2 years. So really its an 8 year deal. and gives ESPN the right to onsell games to other networks/streaming partners once the deal kicks in from 2026.

But the deal wont be approved till the presidents and commissioners hold their next meeting
If the deal does go thru the expiration falls right between the B1G (2029-2030) and SEC (2033-20234) media deals respectively.

This might push Notre Dame to join a conference since if in some timeline ND are the #1 ranked team they would end up 5th seed and miss on first round bye

Notre dame tv deals runs thru to 2029 so that might complicate things

They will end up in the Big10 next time that expands. Im not sure if they will even need to buy out since NBC is a big10 partner and the ND deal is just for home games. get a half share from the Big10 and NBC get better games.

They will end up in the Big10 next time that expands. Im not sure if they will even need to buy out since NBC is a big10 partner and the ND deal is just for home games. get a half share from the Big10 and NBC get better games.
Better games?

Last time I checked Notre Dame is an average school propped up by beating up on s**t ACC Schools?

Better games?

Last time I checked Notre Dame is an average school propped up by beating up on s**t ACC Schools?
NBC would want Michigan's Ohio St or USC, the big names from the Big10 that could be protected rivals the ACC schedule they play most years isn't great.

But they are not really a good team anymore just a name. Joining a conference would make it 20x harder to make the Playoffs for them.

Interesting development someone from the SEC or Big10 put up a system where a conference can get 4 autobids into the playoffs.

Man they are really going to kill the sport with these 2 super conference crap

NIL and all the movement started the downward spiral two super conference might finish it off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back