Bulletproof® Lifestyle / BP coffee etc...

Remove this Banner Ad

The font and cartoons make me dismiss it straight away.

I've read recently from a few experts mentioning similar re cortisol.

Have you read, The Art & Science of Low Carb Performance.
I bought the Kindle addition from Amazon along with two similar Ben Greenfield books , all for under $10.00!

All this coffee talk. Yawn. According to this: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Bulletproof_diet a big part of the diet is Modafinil. That's one of my favourite drugs in the world, and trust me... I love drugs. Where are you guys buying yours from? Onestopmed seems to be the most popular place, but I'm looking for a place that accepts either credit cards or paypal (not bank deposits).

Any ideas?

buy it from onemedstore, it's priced around $2 a pill. you deposit into a cba account here, and it's sent over from india.

and scrap modafinil and start buying armordafinil (wakalert). a 150mg armordafinil is like maybe a 200mg modafinil, but better, much cleaner than modafinil and, for me at least, no side effects.

you can also get 10g of noopept for $75 here in australia.

can't speak to the 'health' benefits, but the mental/alertness/focus benefits are definitely there. i guess it's the next best thing to adderall which obv has it's downsides.

as always, do your own research.

I don't like BP coffees as they make me feel sick - it got to the stage where i dreaded drinking them. Due to this i've switched to plain black upgraded coffee which has highlighted the superiority of upgraded coffee beans. If i order a black coffee or have one at someones place it tastes like toxic waste relative to the blueberrie heavenly goodness of the upgraded coffee beans (seriously such a pleasant drink that i look forward to every morning).

Anyway i think i'd like to bring MCT oil back into my life so am wondering if i could have a couple of spoonfuls before my coffee. That's ok surely? Not interested in having butter in my coffee. Can enjoy the butter i slather all over my veggies in the evening.

you can also get 10g of noopept for $75 here in australia.

I've used onestopmed before but was having trouble transferring with my bank. Long story, but it's sorted now so I don't need alternative anymore and onestop will work fine :)

Never heard of this Noopept stuff. I've had a quick read up on it and it sounds pretty good. Thanks for the tip!

I've used onestopmed before but was having trouble transferring with my bank. Long story, but it's sorted now so I don't need alternative anymore and onestop will work fine :)

Never heard of this Noopept stuff. I've had a quick read up on it and it sounds pretty good. Thanks for the tip!

no worries. you can get it here: http://www.noopept.com.au/ (i have no connection with the site)

very quick postage.

and you should definitely try switching from modafinil to armodafinil.

I usually smoke 1 cigar a month as a relaxing hour on a weekend. I usually drink a long black with it but today I had it with a bulletproof coffee. Went really well especially with the oily dark chocolate notes the cigar was giving off. Now to start preparing some lessons for the week ahead. (public holiday in WA)

I've given up my BP coffee for the time being. The butter was becoming just a little bit much. I'm still putting MCT in it but using whipped cream instead of the butter.

I think that the whipped cream will mean you wont get the benefits of the fast.

I've been doing black coffee which lasts to midday and am considering having a spoonful of mct oil separately.

Drew Baye posted this on his facebook

"I did some experimenting today, and think I may have come up with the perfect coffee:

16 oz coffee (a light, mild blend)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 egg yolks
sweetener

I stirred the coconut oil, yolks and sweetener together in the bottom of the mug then continued to stir while pouring the coffee in. With the egg yolks acting as an emulsifier the coconut oil blended smoothly with the coffee without needing a blender.

In my opinion, the egg yolk and coconut oil mixture tastes better than the butter and coconut oil mixture or egg yolks and coffee alone, and will be including this in the meal plans for the fat loss program I'm working on.

One cup with 16 oz coffee, 2 large egg yolks and 1 tbsp coconut oil is 233 calories, with 23g fat, 1g carb, and 6g protein."

Drew Baye posted this on his facebook

"I did some experimenting today, and think I may have come up with the perfect coffee:

16 oz coffee (a light, mild blend)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 egg yolks
sweetener

I stirred the coconut oil, yolks and sweetener together in the bottom of the mug then continued to stir while pouring the coffee in. With the egg yolks acting as an emulsifier the coconut oil blended smoothly with the coffee without needing a blender.

In my opinion, the egg yolk and coconut oil mixture tastes better than the butter and coconut oil mixture or egg yolks and coffee alone, and will be including this in the meal plans for the fat loss program I'm working on.

One cup with 16 oz coffee, 2 large egg yolks and 1 tbsp coconut oil is 233 calories, with 23g fat, 1g carb, and 6g protein."

First he rips off BBS & now he's doing the same to BP coffee!

Eggs should be eaten raw/runny & the whites cooked as I'm sure you know, light poaching seems best method, one issue could be the heat from the coffee could oxidise the cholesterol(fat) in the yolk but some BP advocates claim the heat from the coffee isn't high enough for this to occur.
I've put whole eggs into my BP coffee on a few occasions & you hardly notice any difference so just the yolks would be even less if at all noticeable.
The yolks Make the BP coffee even more nutritious with the addition of some quality amino acids , John Kiefer(CBL author) believes the Leucine in the yolk causes an insulin spike which can/will break the fast & blunt cortisol release which burns fat in the morning when carbs ain't present.
If that's the case then having BP coffee with some yolks post 9am won't interfere with any fat burning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that the whipped cream will mean you wont get the benefits of the fast.

I've been doing black coffee which lasts to midday and am considering having a spoonful of mct oil separately.

The whipped cream or pure cream of any form will have the same effects as butter, that's where butter originates from as you know, the only reason dave Asprey is opposed to cream is due to it contains small amounts of casein protein which is inflammatory.
Just bought a Thermo mix & will attempt to make my own butter over the weekend, now to find me some grass fed cream!

I've given up my BP coffee for the time being. The butter was becoming just a little bit much. I'm still putting MCT in it but using whipped cream instead of the butter.

In what way was the butter becoming too much, just curious?

Feeling heavy in the stomach?
Brain fog?
Did you try smaller amounts?
Maybe try some with the cream, I've just increased my butter amount from 50g to one 3rd of the 250g block & feel better.
Will up it to 100g next week then to 125g the week after if I have no issues with tolerance.
125g would be ideal cos then I can just cut the block in half!

First he rips off BBS & now he's doing the same to BP coffee!

Eggs should be eaten raw/runny & the whites cooked as I'm sure you know, light poaching seems best method, one issue could be the heat from the coffee could oxidise the cholesterol(fat) in the yolk but some BP advocates claim the heat from the coffee isn't high enough for this to occur.
I've put whole eggs into my BP coffee on a few occasions & you hardly notice any difference so just the yolks would be even less if at all noticeable.
The yolks Make the BP coffee even more nutritious with the addition of some quality amino acids , John Kiefer(CBL author) believes the Leucine in the yolk causes an insulin spike which can/will break the fast & blunt cortisol release which burns fat in the morning when carbs ain't present.
If that's the case then having BP coffee with some yolks post 9am won't interfere with any fat burning.
I put 2 yolks in this morning and it was beautiful. I could clearly taste the difference and im still not hungry at 1pm my normal meal time

In what way was the butter becoming too much, just curious?

Feeling heavy in the stomach?
Brain fog?
Did you try smaller amounts?
Maybe try some with the cream, I've just increased my butter amount from 50g to one 3rd of the 250g block & feel better.
Will up it to 100g next week then to 125g the week after if I have no issues with tolerance.
125g would be ideal cos then I can just cut the block in half!

Brain fog. Also I was just finding the taste too overpowering. Mind you I wasn't blending it so that could be why.

I put 2 yolks in this morning and it was beautiful. I could clearly taste the difference and im still not hungry at 1pm my normal meal time

I more meant if there was a taste difference detected it shouldn't be deterring.

Last edited:
It was excellent, now the big question is how best to use the extra 2 whites at the end of the day. Tonight im going to try them in some fish batter.

Yes don't waste them, mix them in the mashed cauliflower with avocado?

Add xylitol n vanilla to make meringues?

It was excellent, now the big question is how best to use the extra 2 whites at the end of the day. Tonight im going to try them in some fish batter.
What is your batter recipe? I am after one to fit in the BP fasting diet .

Longer taps Savage Goal. Centimetre perfect by the Saints from the boundary 50m out!

What is your batter recipe? I am after one to fit in the BP fasting diet .

Flour 70% tapioca 30% plain, Big head zero carb beer, salt & pepper, mix as usual so its thickish, and refrigerate for 15 min, and just before dipping Flake in, fold in 2 egg whites, then i shallow fry in macadamia nut oil. Sooooooooo good.

A minimal amount of plain flour for either this or thickening gravy is my only concession to a wheat free year.

And the egg yolks in the BPC make it super, super frothy.

Flour 70% tapioca 30% plain, Big head zero carb beer, salt & pepper, mix as usual so its thickish, and refrigerate for 15 min, and just before dipping Flake in, fold in 2 egg whites, then i shallow fry in macadamia nut oil. Sooooooooo good.

A minimal amount of plain flour for either this or thickening gravy is my only concession to a wheat free year.

And the egg yolks in the BPC make it super, super frothy.
I will try this with soda water, thanks

Longer taps Savage Goal. Centimetre perfect by the Saints from the boundary 50m out!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back