Opinion Business opportunity

Remove this Banner Ad

People would just come play the games for free and sit on one beer all night. You would be better off without the games.

nah, just get the bouncer to wander over, "excuse me sir, but I'll have to ask to you leave, you haven't had enough to drink'.

I met a girl once online before it was the norm. On good ol' mIRC. I was ashamed to tell anyone back then because back then you were a loser if you met someone online. I'm still friends with that girl to this day and only one or two people know how we met.

Haha. The good ol days of lurking around in a mIRC chat room. ASL?

It's a good idea Jmac. But maybe try to cater for the masses more and not make it quite so boutique y (which it already is), by bringing in your personal choice in games, music and beer. At the end of the day it's gotta be about a business that makes you money.. not just one that reflects your personality... commercial compromise.... the inability to make it will nearly ALWAYS result in commercial failure.
From my point of view you, had me sold at the free retro arcade games, but then I also started to think that you are missing something if you haven't got a bit of multiplayer Doom, Warcraft etc thrown in as well. You also don't want to just play 80's 90's music. Not everyone's musical taste is sealed in stone by the time they're 35. Just play GOOD music.. appropriate music.. work out what it is. You will also need to provide toasted cheese sandwiches.

It's a good idea Jmac. But maybe try to cater for the masses more and not make it quite so boutique y (which it already is), by bringing in your personal choice in games, music and beer. At the end of the day it's gotta be about a business that makes you money.. not just one that reflects your personality... commercial compromise.... the inability to make it will nearly ALWAYS result in commercial failure.
From my point of view you, had me sold at the free retro arcade games, but then I also started to think that you are missing something if you haven't got a bit of multiplayer Doom, Warcraft etc thrown in as well. You also don't want to just play 80's 90's music. Not everyone's musical taste is sealed in stone by the time they're 35. Just play GOOD music.. appropriate music.. work out what it is. You will also need to provide toasted cheese sandwiches.

Could also include some Atari 2600 action and some D&D.

Could also include some Atari 2600 action and some D&D.
D&D !!?? oh boy . Your bar's gonna be a real chick magnet!` What about hosting magic tournaments as well to cater for the Asian market?.. (btw.. actually not a bad idea at all)

D&D !!?? oh boy . Your bar's gonna be a real chick magnet!` What about hosting magic tournaments as well to cater for the Asian market?.. (btw.. actually not a bad idea at all)

Magic happens mate...

This idea just sounds like my house. Maybe I should just open my doors to the public...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hell I think you just described my foster dad's man cave. He has whisky instead of beer and he also has air hockey. In fact maybe call it the man cave.

Ok I'll come and play Bubble Bobble but if I don't hear Debbie Gibson's "Electric Youth" in the first half hour I'm walking out, I don't care how few letters I need to make "EXTEND".

My whole house has turned into a man cave haha.
-Games room:
-Arcade machine
-80cm RGB Tube TV with SNES, n64, MegaDrive
-Racing Sim (mostly for Daytona on ps3, but also new Need For Speed, etc)
-2 Electric guitars
-PC for new gaming (and Rocksmith **tilts air guitar like I'm doing a solo** )
-Theatre room:
-Projector
-5.1 Sound setup
-PS4
-Wii U
-PC for movies
-Back room:
-Gym/weights room
-Storage
******* hell... no wonder I have no money now.

How much u reckon I could charge for entry?
The Royal Sampler I definitely have Bubble Bobble on my arcade machine.
l2JIdU9G4NwGBua0U.gif

I should make my house into a PokeStop, fleece all those pokenerds for their money ;)

Last edited:
-Games room:
-Arcade machine
-2 Electric guitars
-Theatre room:
-Projector
-5.1 Sound setup
-PS4
-Wii U
-PC for movies
-Back room:
-Gym/weights room
-Storage

l2JIdU9G4NwGBua0U.gif

I should make my house into a PokeStop, fleece all those pokenerds for their money ;)

I know a guy who still has a working Commodore 64 and Amiga 500. Not to mention thousands of games.

-Games room:
-Arcade machine
-2 Electric guitars
-Theatre room:
-Projector
-5.1 Sound setup
-PS4
-Wii U
-PC for movies
-Back room:
-Gym/weights room
-Storage

l2JIdU9G4NwGBua0U.gif

Man cave, no bar?:mad:

Sounds great. I'm going to go out on a limb here as say your not married.;):D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back