Play Nice Bye Bye Brad #3 [Locked: BS signs 2-year ext. Aug-2017, tied to NM until end 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I dont think so. There would've been more water to go under the bridge if it was GC. Sounds like the worst possible scenario to me.

Why you would extend a coach who still has a year to go when Kelly and Dusty's decision hasn't been made yet is mind boggling.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I dont think so. There would've been more water to go under the bridge if it was GC. Sounds like the worst possible scenario to me.

Why you would extend a coach who still has a year to go when Kelly and Dusty's decision hasn't been made yet is mind boggling.

Let's wait and see. No doubt they will get asked about them in the presser.

Maybe they have...

Interesting.

An offer was put to Scott last Thursday, before the Roos thrashed Brisbane at the Gabba to avoid the wooden spoon.

Scott accepted the offer on Tuesday.

Already signed for 2018, Scott had been linked to the vacant Gold Coast job.

As reported by Fairfax Media this week, the Suns had shown significant interest in Scott, with chief Mark Evans recently contacting Scott's management.

North are chasing Richmond star Dustin Martin as they look to improve on their 15th-placed finish this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL, this thread is about to get better than the Dusty encyclopedia .........

raw

Martin or Kelly better be coming. If not this is a disgrace.
Dusty's manager said a decision for Dusty will come later this week. If indeed it does you could only think Dusty is staying at Richmond as he wouldn't be derailing a finals series with news of him leaving.

Dusty's manager said a decision for Dusty will come later this week. If indeed it does you could only think Dusty is staying at Richmond as he wouldn't be derailing a finals series with news of him leaving.

Two points:

1 - A decision doesn't mean an announcement.
2 - Carr would tell his own grandma he'd be right back as he left her dangling off the end of a pier if he thought it would suit his purposes.

One question though, why would they need to have a presser for this ?? its only an extension, no big deal.

When there is enough of the supporter base (and justifiably so) that is critical of the decision or his tenure, then you've got to get on the front foot and 'sell it' by controlling the narrative and facing the music.

Brad: "Thanks all for coming, it's been really humbling to be shown faith by the.. HOLD ON.... IS THAT DUSTY'S THEME MUSIC?"
Dusty was the guest programmer for the music at the MCG on Sunday, and his choices were straight from the Gold104 catalogue. So if Brad saunters out to the tune of Jessie's Girl, get very excited because all signs point to IT'S HAPPENING

One question though, why would they need to have a presser for this ?? its only an extension, no big deal.

3aw said the club was to make a "major announcement." A generally-expected extension is not major! I was thinking Martin might have said no, and the coach was history.

When he decides is neither here nor there - when he announces is the key. Next week he is a Tiger - after the finals then there is a big chance he is on the move.

I was half-joking Stiffy.

Just find it interesting people claim that because NDS (and Drew) give Brad a glowing reference that it should impact on the club re-signing him.

Like as if he'll say in the media "Brad extended my career when Saints didn't want me, but I actually don't rate him so North should piss him off".
He's said more than once that Brad made his transition to NM easy, and more than once specifically called him out as being a good teaching coach. Having played for Lyon, who is famous for his rigid, well-executed gameplans (and by inference the teaching/drilling that must go into them), it's an interesting point for him to choose to make when people ask him to rate Brad as a coach.

Waite came over and really bought in to what Brad was trying to do. Higgins and Williams have also gone out of their way to say how smooth the transition in to North was, and Higgins has said stuff about the way Scott teaches ball movement that was interesting.

Dal's not Robinson Crusoe on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back