Play Nice Bye Bye Brad [v4.0] - IT'S HAPPENING!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not many good players join bottom 4 sides. What we showed this year make landing good players much easier.

Gaff would be massive if we can pull that off.
You didn't answer my question.

It was pretty straightforward.

ha ha ha.

For 2 million more of course they would. (especially when the alternative is Saint Kilda!)

can-i-give-my-baby-tap-water.jpg

Water>>>>>>>2 million

Yeah Case in Point. Dan Hannebery. :stern look

I'm pretty sure the word "good" player is inferred in that sentence. Hannebery has done close to nothing for 2 seasons.

I'm pretty sure the word "good" player is inferred in that sentence. Hannebery has done close to nothing for 2 seasons.
Have you read Bills' posts? There isn't much there upstairs to begin with so to assume that there is an "inference" is a bit rich. :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at it the nice way I can only guess most of our base still live with perpetually tempered expectations after the Carey exit, Pagan exit and relocation near death experience.

There hasn't ever felt like a genuine belief or ambition to be the best since Denis walked out of the doors.

Yeah I feel you're correct, although we are building for long term sustained success, just kind of excited by that thought, do have one question..... we do we start this process?
:p

Yeah I feel you're correct, although we are building for long term sustained success, just kind of excited by that thought, do have one question..... we do we start this process?
:p

Look Brads like the bloke your mother won't divorce cos she reckons he's going to come good some day, the good news for us as Roos supporters Brads marriage contract will expire in two years, the bad news for your mother is that she has to get divorced :( Time to bring in limited time marriage contracts with options for renewal :)

Sounds like a lot of North fans bought the rubbish media narrative that we were the worst team in the league with a list going nowhere. It was always garbage.

What should be focused upon is that we were in a perfect position to play finals footy, even push for the top 4, until Scott had another shocking second half of the season both on the field and at the selection table and threw that opportunity down the drain. Finishing 9th is not success.

Posters that only point the finger at the coach and don't save any blame for the players are just star struck supporters with little understanding of the game.

No coaches sacked this year. Clubs are better at jumping at shadows.
Players are absolutely responsible for individual errors in game, whether they be bad decisions, skill execution errors, or defensive errors. But very rarely will these things be the overwhelming cause of an individual loss, let alone a sustained period of poor performance.

When a problem is systemic and trends over the cause of 2+ weeks, much less half a season, then it absolutely is the coaches fault and his problem to fix along with his staff. They're the guys responsible for developing the various facets of the game plan, execution of said game plan, selection, motivating players and getting the best out of the players. These are the things that are responsible for a big drop off in form and that need to be rectified, not the individual players themselves.

Honestly, Bill, you are so contradictory when it comes to this. Whenever we're winning and playing well, you're all "How good is Brad Scott. * all the criticisms." Yet when we play poorly, and when that poorness is a trend over a sustained period it's always the players' faults and you absolve Brad of any of the responsibility. You can't have it both ways.

Players are absolutely responsible for individual errors in game, whether they be bad decisions, skill execution errors, or defensive errors. But very rarely will these things be the overwhelming cause of an individual loss, let alone a sustained period of poor performance.

When a problem is systemic and trends over the cause of 2+ weeks, much less half a season, then it absolutely is the coaches fault and his problem to fix along with his staff. They're the guys responsible for developing the various facets of the game plan, execution of said game plan, selection, motivating players and getting the best out of the players. These are the things that are responsible for a big drop off in form and that need to be rectified, not the individual players themselves.

Honestly, Bill, you are so contradictory when it comes to this. Whenever we're winning and playing well, you're all "How good is Brad Scott. **** all the criticisms." Yet when we play poorly, and when that poorness is a trend over a sustained period it's always the players' faults and you absolve Brad of any of the responsibility. You can't have it both ways.
We are heading in the right direction. You don't sack a coach after improving 6 spots on the ladder. A good trade period and we can make that jump again.

The contradiction goes both ways - on here - a loss and its sack Scott - a win - the players won despite Scott. You can't have it both ways.

We are heading in the right direction. You don't sack a coach after improving 6 spots on the ladder. A good trade period and we can make that jump again.
That might be the case if he had only been here for a couple of years.

But he's been here 9 years now and he's the 3rd least successful coach in VFL/AFL history. You don't think questions should be asked of a coach with that record? Are you happy with sustained mediocrity?

The contradiction goes both ways - on here - a loss and its sack Scott - a win - the players won despite Scott. You can't have it both ways.
Maybe for some people. Not for me. I gave Scott a lot of credit for our first half of the year, but he should also be primarily held responsible for completely squandering the opportunity that we had to play finals this year.

Do you sack a coach for dropping 7 spots on the ladder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back