Roast Bye week

Remove this Banner Ad

helen-lovejoy-wont-somebody-please-think-of-the-players-welfare.jpg

The BF board has been a bit like the off season this last week. Not much to read ... especially as I've banned (rescued) myself from the Jong-Toyd-Shiggs threads.
Needs a bit of creativity. The most interesting thread has been the "Be a rebel" thread.

I logged on thurs evening at 6:30 to find out this week's team selection :-/

When I realised my mistake I was so enraged with embarrassment and frustration I jumped in my car, drove to afl headquarters and threw my iPad at gillon mclachlans car parking space smashing it into a million pieces. Then I invoiced him for a new iPad.

Every fule knows byes are just for the week before finals

Took the opportunity to watch a few other games this weekend, and learnt.....

1. Hawthorn are in for a veeeery long rebuild.
2. #freekickbulldogs has nothing on #freekickgeelong
3. Adelaide are the new West Coast - flat track bullies
4. West Coast are still West Coast - Wimps Coming East
5. Shannon Hurn is the new Nathan G Brown. Browny "celebrated" a draw. Hurn "protected" a 3 point deficit by short passing with 45 seconds left.

Took the opportunity to watch a few other games this weekend, and learnt.....

1. Hawthorn are in for a veeeery long rebuild.
2. #freekickbulldogs has nothing on #freekickgeelong
3. Adelaide are the new West Coast - flat track bullies
4. West Coast are still West Coast - Wimps Coming East
5. Shannon Hurn is the new Nathan G Brown. Browny "celebrated" a draw. Hurn "protected" a 3 point deficit by short passing with 45 seconds left.

The Hurn thing was a massive WTF moment. Was watching the game on Fox and wondering if he thought the Eagles were up or if they had 2-3 mins on the clock. Something went horribly wrong there.

Well at least a couple of the game results went our way, so not much damage done to our top eight position. We must win next week to jump back into the top 4. I think only Port Adelaide are the only team above us playing next weekend?

watch the 85. 92. 97, 98, 08, 09, 10, 16 prelims in a row

then watch the 2016 GF and you'll feel good :cool:

Last edited:
The BF board has been a bit like the off season this last week. Not much to read ... especially as I've banned (rescued) myself from the Jong-Toyd-Shiggs threads.
Needs a bit of creativity. The most interesting thread has been the "Be a rebel" thread.
Yeah,great thread that bulldog rebel one ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The good news is that it is common knowledge that a bye week favors the Dogs in a very big way while at the same time it hinders all other AFL teams. I have no doubt at this time that we will win at least the next four games just on that fact alone.:):):):)

I can't believe the AFL even let us have a bye again this year. It's so unfair to the other teams.

I went to the Norf - Tuggers game. Jarrad Waite Norfed it up with his dinky miss in front of goal. Higgins was at his pointing best. A draw would have been the best result but I guess we have to earn our top 4 spot. At least we have another game against Norf.

Last edited:
As I mentioned in the banter thread, we perform well after a bye. We smashed Brisbane after a bye in 2015, and beat both Sydney and West Coast interstate after a bye last year when we were significant underdogs.

Hopefully the trend continues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back