Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

What's your selection process? The only two opposition players I see you obsess over are Rayner and a 19 year old kid who has played a handful of games.
My selection process is just keeping people accountable. Geelong fans said that Clarke had made it and was an example of geelongs good young list when in reality he hasnt shown anything.

Regarding Rayner, I was promised a breakout last year. So I'm following up on this breakout year I was promised.

Danny, if you see the world through the lens of thinking everyone else is obsessed, I have some bad news for you.
Why would I be obsessed with a C grade afl player? no obsession there at all. But if you come out and say 'Noah Answerth is the future', 'Noah Answerth is a midfield jet', etc. then I will showcase just how wrong those comments are. That's what happened with Rayner. Routinely showcased his inability to be a regular afl player yet fans were blind to see it. I just help facilitate seeing this.

My selection process is just keeping people accountable. Geelong fans said that Clarke had made it and was an example of geelongs good young list when in reality he hasnt shown anything.

Regarding Rayner, I was promised a breakout last year. So I'm following up on this breakout year I was promised.

Television Drama GIF by SuccessionHBO

Oh, Danny boy. Not this again. 81% of Geelong supporters didn't even have Clark breaking Geelong's best 22 before the season began (when Geelong had just finished 12th), and that became 0% once Parfitt impressed the others.

What is the point of doubling down on something we spent a good hour proving wrong, Captain Strawman?

P.S you might want to spell the name correctly for a kid you are obsessed about more than any Geelong supporter I have come across (easily).

Why would I be obsessed with a C grade afl player? no obsession there at all. But if you come out and say 'Noah Answerth is the future', 'Noah Answerth is a midfield jet', etc. then I will showcase just how wrong those comments are. That's what happened with Rayner. Routinely showcased his inability to be a regular afl player yet fans were blind to see it. I just help facilitate seeing this.

Ok. Give me your redone draft for the year cam was drafted, pick 1 to 50.

Oh, Danny boy. Not this again. 81% of Geelong supporters didn't even have Clark breaking Geelong's best 22 before the season began (when Geelong had just finished 12th), and that became 0% once Parfitt impressed the others.

What is the point of doubling down on something we spent a good hour proving wrong, Captain Strawman?

P.S you might want to spell the name correctly for a kid you are obsessed about more than any Geelong supporter I have come across (easily).
when clarke makes it as a regular afl player ill spell his name correctly. that's fine. So when I say Clarke hasn't made it as an afl player then don't disagree with it instead if being defiant simply because he plays for Geelong.

You showed me a thread from the end of 2023. I showed you direct quote of Geelong fans saying he should surpass Danger, Bruhn etc.

I also said I didn't rate Geelong that highly which was only proven when we beat you. But people feel so triggered when it's their own team. Anyway, PM me. we don't need to talk about this in the Rayner thread.

that's fine. So when I say Clarke hasn't made it as an afl player then don't disagree with it instead if being defiant simply because he plays for Geelong.

You showed me a thread from the end of 2023. I showed you direct quote of Geelong fans saying he should surpass Danger, Bruhn etc.

I also said I didn't rate Geelong that highly which was only proven when we beat you. But people feel so triggered when it's their own team. Anyway, PM me. we don't need to talk about this in the Rayner thread.
Except I've never once said that Clark is in our current best 22, let alone "has made it". Do you need me to explain what a Strawman argument is?

I showed you a thread with about 50 responses and another with about 20 after the season began, yes. Weekly preview threads over the course of the season entirely back up my point that Geelong supporters do not see Clark as best 22. Still, you seem intent on dying on this hill.

This is much more of a danster thread than a Rayner one, so we might as well just point out anything you've made up.

Nothing has changed. He's around Pick 29-pick 32 in his draft year with a non argument of the top 20-22.

I need your full rankings Danny

Except I've never once said that Clark is in our current best 22, let alone "has made it". Do you need me to explain what a Strawman argument is?

I showed you a thread with about 50 responses and another with about 20 after the season began, yes. Weekly preview threads over the course of the season entirely back up my point that Geelong supporters do not see Clark as best 22. Still, you seem intent on dying on this hill.

This is much more of a danster thread than a Rayner one, so we might as well just point out anything you've made up.
I crunch numbers more than anyone else does. I've listed names of every person drafted in Rayner's draft year that should've been taken before him. The Rayner thread is full of research, not just opinion. It's all backed up. I acknowledge when he plays well.

Just like I will acknowledge Clarke.You're talking straw man yet bringing up Jhye Clark in a Rayner thread. That's pure contradiction. Regardless, tell me what I've been wrong on about Rayner or Clark for that matter. You may not like my delivery but you can't deny the truth.

I crunch numbers more than anyone else does. I've listed names of every person drafted in Rayner's draft year that should've been taken before him. The Rayner thread is full of research, not just opinion. It's all backed up. I acknowledge when he plays well.

Just like I will acknowledge Clarke.You're talking straw man yet bringing up Jhye Clark in a Rayner thread. That's pure contradiction. Regardless, tell me what I've been wrong on about Rayner or Clark for that matter. You may not like my delivery but you can't deny the truth.
Is adding the e a joke? But anyway, I don't think you're miles off in your appraisal of Rayner and him not meeting the mark as a number one pick - albeit many are even bigger busts and the harshness/consistency with which you go at him is kind of odd to watch. We are a number of years into his career and he has 120 full games (none of this sub business) in the bank.

But then a number of drafts were skipped and for some reason you waited to single out Clark, getting lost along the way with thinking Geelong supporters...rated him higher than Brisbane supporters do Rayner? I'm not sure. We got a lot more excited about Cockatoo in year 1/2. Clark at the moment isn't going to give us any more than someone like a Ted Clohesy might, but he has a serious amount of time left on the clock.

It is way too early to decide what sort of career Clark will have. This is his first season not derailed by injury and he is about 30 kg. It is just as foolish to say he will be a star as it is to declare he will be delisted at this point.

Why would you even mention Petty after he dominated Geelong is beyond me. He showed his talents on the weekend. The performance speaks for itself. As Montagna said in the review, "Petty is crucial to the dees, if he played in the finals, they win 1 or 2 of those finals".

How’s Petty travelling tonight?

Tried to have a look at the AFL App but it says he has no marks, no kicks and -9 metres gained at half time, which I can only assume is some sort of statistical glitch in the app.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Safe to say that Pettyspud should have taken the pay day from Adelaide. A bottom tier player with no speed, agility or skill. And he cried on prime time that time.

Has been a massive disappointment. Doesn't seem to have a position.

If he was a third round draft selection would have been out of the system a while ago

Brisbane “very brave” playing with injuries today, and carrying Potato Rayner as well.

Anyone seen Dan? Looking forward the reading his thoughts.

haha, I want an apology from everyone on this thread. Could I have been any more correct? Like the confidence that I have that I'll be right is out of this world.
smug GIF

His last afl standard game was round 5 so he's almost due for an appearance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back