Restricted Free Agent Cam Zurhaar [2024 RFA?]

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely not. We kept our best players and actively sought to trade in more, only offloading players we didn't see as useful going forward. Our best veterans were all still there for the 2008 flag. If North win a flag in 2028 there will be exactly zero elite veterans from their tanking period on the list.

The real difference is back in the early 2000s if you were bad you got real draft help every year (what was called priority picks, which aren't the same as the ones today). It let you really build from the draft in ways that aren't possible today.

North will keep going for that PP and compo gold though.

Do you realise when you lie to yourself?

5+1 priority picks in 12 months says what?

See, I actually know and own up to our 5 odd picks in the 20’s.l over the last 2 years.

Whereas you seem to pretend to yourself and others that hawthorn didn’t tank for 2 top 3 priority picks.

You obviously know it happened but seem to think if you pretend it didn’t happen, others will believe it too.

It’s kind of weird.

See, I actually know and own up to our 5 odd picks in the 20’s.l over the last 2 years.

Whereas you seem to pretend to yourself and others that hawthorn didn’t tank for 2 top 3 priority picks.

You obviously know it happened but seem to think if you pretend it didn’t happen, others will believe it too.

It’s kind of weird.
Realistically Lance Franklin was the gift.
They named Roughhead as the priority pick so Franklin was the gift

Realistically Lance Franklin was the gift.
They named Roughhead as the priority pick so Franklin was the gift
Before priority picks were given out we had pick 2 and pick 4. Who do you think we were taking with those two picks?

I wonder if North end up with picks 1 and 2 if zurhaar leaves?

Before priority picks were given out we had pick 2 and pick 4. Who do you think we were taking with those two picks?

I wonder if North end up with picks 1 and 2 if zurhaar leaves?

Stop trying to deflect and mix up free agency compo with hawthorn trading out senior players and tanking to accumulate high end priority picks across multiple seasons.

Is their anyone who thinks Zurhaar is overrated

Yes. I’ve said for years I don’t rate him as highly as many others seem to.

Right now it seems they have every intention to keep him. But I think that may change if they have another poor year and a good pick becomes available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I absolutely do believe that. Those people all had a plan, which new people have continued. The plan will continue in 2024 with more tanking and more attempts at generating more priority picks and compo. The AFL have shown they are right with you too.

I fully expect zurhaar to be shown the door as part of the programme.
thinking that North's previous administration were capable of putting together any sort of plan, let alone the one you believe, is laughable.

It’s kind of weird.
Is he including the pick I think was 43 we used to draft Tucker from Freo as a " priority pick".

Good grief there is no helping some people. The Hawks did much better via having " priority picks" than we have done via draft assistance.

But gee I hope we get a couple of beauties with those picks. We will never hear the end of it.
And I welcome their anger, the Hawks wanted Duursma but took the midget. Hence their bitterness , of course that was the gift you get for losing a top quality player like Magoo.

On point I'd suggest if Cam leaves it will be another pick after our first which will be bottom four I feel .
That though impacts on us as our 2024 draft assistance picks get pushed back a spot 😜

His press comments about wanting to play finals make it pretty clear that he is gone to a decent club if North are crap again this year.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app
He will stay at North because North are the best team in the AFL (my opinion only - no hate comments)

Don't like these ultimatums from players. Maybe if he turned up in optimal shape at the start of every year and was a consistent performer I'd have a bit more sympathy for him wanting to play finals.
To me he's been symptomatic of why we haven't been a good side. ie Not fit enough,low footy IQ and too inconsistent in performance.
Got the makings of an excellent player but the reasons he isn't yet are to some extent of his own making

Remove this Banner Ad

Back