Restricted Free Agent Cam Zurhaar [2024 RFA?]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes that's the Ben Mckay vibes which I talk about.
Next time Essendon win he'll have sung the song as many times as he joined in the chorus over 71 games at North.

BTW statistically his best year at North was last year. :)

Yes that's the Ben Mckay vibes which I talk about.
Maybe explain what you mean by vibes ?
Zurhaar is doing exactly what he has done throughout his career and thats averaging 12-13 pos and a goal a game

if by vibes you mean he will get north a 1st round pick thats highly unlikely
KPD v Med foward are totally different
i would even go as far as to say a player like Will McLachlan , Hutchinson or Phoenix Spicer would better value at $100k a year.

Really an under performing average player and would hate to think anything more than $500-550k would be his value in todays tpp space

but who know Polec got $750k a year

Maybe explain what you mean by vibes ?
Zurhaar is doing exactly what he has done throughout his career and thats averaging 12-13 pos and a goal a game

if by vibes you mean he will get north a 1st round pick thats highly unlikely
KPD v Med foward are totally different
i would even go as far as to say a player like Will McLachlan , Hutchinson or Phoenix Spicer would better value at $100k a year.

Really an under performing average player and would hate to think anything more than $500-550k would be his value in todays tpp space

but who know Polec got $750k a year
Rather than obsessing over $$ and draft position, he just reminds me of a player that's already agreed to part ways.

Not getting band 1 but band 2 is possible and is probably about his value anyway all things considered. I'd still be interested, particularly if we miss Baker
Well that could create a problem
North have made him an offer and would be expecting prospective suiters to significantly up that offer to ensure a good pick
Freo having the 3 1st rounders and RFA they could just as easily match and force a trade for a better pick

Would freo be happy to hand over a mid 1st rounder and trade for him ?

Well that could create a problem
North have made him an offer and would be expecting prospective suiters to significantly up that offer to ensure a good pick
Freo having the 3 1st rounders and RFA they could just as easily match and force a trade for a better pick

Would freo be happy to hand over a mid 1st rounder and trade for him ?
Don't think there is much of a difference between band 2 and what we would be prepared to give for him, if any at all. What do you think he'd worth? St Kilda second round pick would be closer to his value than our latest first (whatever it is) IMO

Not getting band 1 but band 2 is possible and is probably about his value anyway all things considered. I'd still be interested, particularly if we miss Baker
Correct me if I’m wrong, Band 1 is first round, band 2 is end of first round?

I know it’s almost irrelevant, given that North’s will finish towards the bottom, but band 2 will roughly equate to pick 19.

I think that’s overs for Zurhaar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think there is much of a difference between band 2 and what we would be prepared to give for him, if any at all. What do you think he'd worth? St Kilda second round pick would be closer to his value than our latest first (whatever it is) IMO
Personally i dont rate him and he is an extremely conditional player thats selfish and goes for personal interest on the ground. Very much a Kmart Stringer

What would pay him $500k max pick #30 -40
But north would have an offer closer to 700k and would be wanting a pick around 15-20 to let him leave

Correct me if I’m wrong, Band 1 is first round, band 2 is end of first round?

I know it’s almost irrelevant, given that North’s will finish towards the bottom, but band 2 will roughly equate to pick 19.

I think that’s overs for Zurhaar.
It could be overs or it may not, but I don’t see how it’s relevant. This isn’t a trade and a fair market value isn’t being sort. It’s compensation tied directly to how bad the club is and his new pay.

The reward is greater for poor performing clubs as the impact of loss is higher, and the reward is smaller for the better performing clubs. It’s not designed to be ‘fair’.

Also, it is expected that he will be paid “overs” as the buyer doesn’t need to spend a pick to get him. If that value ends up putting him in say the top 5% of his age group, then it will be band 1. top 15% probably band 2. We’ll see.

It could be overs or it may not, but I don’t see how it’s relevant. This isn’t a trade and a fair market value isn’t being sort. It’s compensation tied directly to how bad the club is and his new pay.

The reward is greater for poor performing clubs as the impact of loss is higher, and the reward is smaller for the better performing clubs. It’s not designed to be ‘fair’.

Also, it is expected that he will be paid “overs” as the buyer doesn’t need to spend a pick to get him. If that value ends up putting him in say the top 5% of his age group, then it will be band 1. top 15% probably band 2. We’ll see.

The issue is the secret herbs and spices in the compensation calculations.

Take the comparison between band 1 for the premiers and band 3 for the team that finishes bottom. These could only be a matter of picks in the last teens/early 20s apart.

But for this to occur, the premiers have lost a very good player (Franklin) compared to a mature average player (say…. Karl Amon)

I actually think the AFL should get rid of compensation picks all together.

Bloke stinking it up like he doesn't want to be there cant blame him really

North can forget thinking they will get band 1 compo reckon Cam would be just happy to get out
He will be offerred at least 700K. Will take a club to offer 800K to get him out, which will trigger Band 1, if he goes.

He’s like a shitter Membrey with worse tatts.

Pass.

He will be offerred at least 700K. Will take a club to offer 800K to get him out, which will trigger Band 1, if he goes.
Doubt north get band 1 for Zuurhar this year with $800k contract
With Salary cap increases the herbs and spices have also increased other wise the AFL will be giving away picks like confetti

I kinda think other clubs would outbid you. Its not a good like to be giving him a big contract with Treacy/Amiss around who are worthy of more money then a Zurhaar

Id be much more interested in Walters replacement anyway then a HFF

funny all the money and teams going after hayward (rightly so) . When you look into stats they are almost even which is interesting. How would hayward be going at north with the lack of into 50's? how'd Zurhaar be going at the swans?

Think he has a role to play in a good team just the asking price is a tad whacked.

funny all the money and teams going after hayward (rightly so) . When you look into stats they are almost even which is interesting. How would hayward be going at north with the lack of into 50's? how'd Zurhaar be going at the swans?

Think he has a role to play in a good team just the asking price is a tad whacked.
I think he would be great at the Swans if they lost Haywood.

i highly doubt a club offers Zurharr a deal that triggers band 1.

McKay only got it because he is a key position player, and last year was a complete drought for them. Zurhaar is an underperforming mid/fwd. Unless someone decides to massively overpay, i think its band 2 all day.

i highly doubt a club offers Zurharr a deal that triggers band 1.

McKay only got it because he is a key position player, and last year was a complete drought for them. Zurhaar is an underperforming mid/fwd. Unless someone decides to massively overpay, i think its band 2 all day.
one can hope

IMG_4074.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back