Resource Can anyone explain this Crom stuff?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
Even 7 seems to be getting in on it.

Screenshot_20210405-105832_Facebook.jpg

treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Basically 5 years ago some lady on Adelaide Crows Pride forum said 'Go the Crom' after the win or something. A few supporters tried to get it going on and off for the next 4 years.
When we were crap last year it took off being regularly used on Facebook.
Adelaide Crowject Podcast have sold beanies with Crom on them at $25 each. Proceeds have gone to MND. I think they've made at least 5 grand for the charity maybe more. With that increasing due to the high demand.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Its an organic supporter driven joke based on the misspelling of Crows.

If you don't like it ignore it. But even though I don't really see the humour we have a fan podcast driving it successfully and being embraced in the light hearted nature it is.

Well played guys, this kind of stuff makes a club

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

If you don't like it ignore it. But even though I don't really see the humour we have a fan podcast driving it successfully and being embraced in the light hearted nature it is.

Personally I don't get it and think it sounds a bit dumb, but it's clearly something that has taken off and gotten traction with the Gen Z crowd.

The fact that it happened organically is good thing so who am I to be critical of it.

Even if it’s only asset was it’s raising of money to help MND research then it’s a good thing in an era during which our club has received so much negative press

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Personally I don't get it and think it sounds a bit dumb, but it's clearly something that has taken off and gotten traction with the Gen Z crowd.

The fact that it happened organically is good thing so who am I to be critical of it.
Well I guess anyone can be critical of it.

Just seems silly to get to worked up about it

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I would say so although no idea how the pear evolved.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

I think it evolved from people in the early days making fun of their supporters because half of them sounded like they couldn't say power properly..

They just took ownership of it and turned it into something of their own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back