Captaincy and leadership group for 2017 ?

Remove this Banner Ad

you are so full of ******* s**t. your the most thinly veiled troll ever

EVERY club lets the playing list choose their captain, the media would rip us to shreds if we took that power away from the players. THEY get to choose who leads them because THEY are the ones it impacts

to say otherwise is quite literally just trying to find s**t to insult the club about

FFS there are some ******ed campaigners around here :rolleyes:

"FFS there are some ******ed campaigners around here :rolleyes:" if this is true, you're on the top of that list...!
Settle down punk....argue your case with civility and you may get a response

If not, then keep barking. It's amusing

"FFS there are some ******ed campaigners around here :rolleyes:" if this is true, you're on the top of that list...!
Settle down punk....argue your case with civility and you may get a response

If not, then keep barking. It's amusing
just confirms my point even more.

talk s**t and i'll call it out as the s**t it is.

you are so full of ******* s**t. your the most thinly veiled troll ever

EVERY club lets the playing list choose their captain, the media would rip us to shreds if we took that power away from the players. THEY get to choose who leads them because THEY are the ones it impacts

to say otherwise is quite literally just trying to find s**t to insult the club about

FFS there are some ******ed campaigners around here :rolleyes:

Hahaha the RFC is scared of the media argument again.SO we should sack the board and all people of authority and just let the media to make our decisions??:rolleyes:What a resounding and consoling argument. Nice bully tactics though. :oops:
I don't mind ******ed campaigners around here,JUST hate XXXXed opinions.;)

Last edited:
I can guarantee you that the football department would have little to no influence on the decision making process.
They get handed out a piece of paper and they select the players they want as captain, vice captain and the leadership group.
Votes get calculated and it's announced on the same day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

who does the calculating? shouldn't they just be counted or are there weightings?

Hahaha the RFC is scared of the media argument again.SO we should sack the board and all people of authority and just let the media to make our decisions??:rolleyes:What a resounding and consoling argument. Nice bully tactics though. :oops:
I don't mind ******ed campaigners around here,JUST XXXXed opinions.;)
never said they're scared, its just the worst. *******. idea. ever. Also, why give the media fodder, as when the pressure mounts the knives come out, for better or for worse. so why the * should we just make it easier for them?

yet when every other club lets the playing list choose their captain, to take that away will cause HUGE issues. IF the list dont like the choice, there's a divide between the coaches and list. The captain is made by his teammates and his teammates will unmake him, he is always someone they look up to collectively or rate as a leader.

bully tactics? no, i just call out bullshit as i see it. Don't like it, then make a legitimate argument or point and not just a thinly veiled attack at the club which i will call out as ******* stupid

who does the calculating? shouldn't they just be counted or are there weightings?
He said Calculated which can take on a completely different meaning.

calculated
ˈkalkjʊleɪtɪd/
adjective
  1. (of an action) done with full awareness of the likely consequences.
    "victims of vicious and calculated assaults"
    synonyms: deliberate, premeditated, planned, pre-planned, preconceived, intentional, intended, done on purpose, purposeful, purposive, thought out in advance

I can guarantee you that the football department would have little to no influence on the decision making process.
They get handed out a piece of paper and they select the players they want as captain, vice captain and the leadership group.
Votes get calculated and it's announced on the same day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i am not sure that is entirely true.

i would suggest that if someone who they had major misgivings about was put up they would have plenty of input.

never said they're scared, its just the worst. *******. idea. ever. Also, why give the media fodder, as when the pressure mounts the knives come out, for better or for worse. so why the **** should we just make it easier for them?

yet when every other club lets the playing list choose their captain, to take that away will cause HUGE issues. IF the list dont like the choice, there's a divide between the coaches and list. The captain is made by his teammates and his teammates will unmake him, he is always someone they look up to collectively or rate as a leader.

bully tactics? no, i just call out bullshit as i see it. Don't like it, then make a legitimate argument or point and not just a thinly veiled attack at the club which i will call out as ******* stupid
Sorry this is not what you said
EVERY club lets the playing list choose their captain, the media would rip us to shreds if we took that power away from the players

Your case was flimsy with no detail or facts and then went onto bordering on bullying.Not every club lets the players choose their skipper. So you started your attack with false facts before you went off the radar.Yes i just call out bullshit as i see it also.

i am not sure that is entirely true.

i would suggest that if someone who they had major misgivings about was put up they would have plenty of input.
wasn't that how JR got dumped?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

never said they're scared, its just the worst. *******. idea. ever. Also, why give the media fodder, as when the pressure mounts the knives come out, for better or for worse. so why the **** should we just make it easier for them?

Lol - Attack at the club.?
Take off the blinkers little princess! If you haven't noticed our leadership group failed us in 3 finals series! Specially in 2013 & 2015
If things ain't working, you fix it by changing the process not by waiting for the tide to turn..!

Sorry this is not what you said
EVERY club lets the playing list choose their captain, the media would rip us to shreds if we took that power away from the players

Your case was flimsy with no detail or facts and then went onto bordering on bullying.Not every club lets the players choose their skipper. So you started your attack with false facts before you went off the radar.Yes i just call out bullshit as i see it also.
my case is simple logic,

the media are absolute scumbags, and if we, a club who hasn't had much success took such drastic measures we'd be lambasted for it - we aren't hawthorn who'd be lauded for it is my point -

yes, every club does. Ross the Boss tried to rig it for fyfe in 2015/2016 and got caught out

when the premise for my reply was a reply to a thinly veiled attempt to attack the club, then im calling it out as bullshit. that isn't bullying

Lol - Attack at the club.?
Take off the blinkers little princess! If you haven't noticed our leadership group failed us in 3 finals series! Specially in 2013 & 2015
If things ain't working, you fix it by changing the process not by waiting for the tide to turn..!
the leadership group failed?

tell me, who was the one who gave it his all in every final series? HINT IT WAS THE ******* CAPTAIN!

blame the players who played terrible, not the bloke who gives it his all in every game he plays, FFS the bloke played a full game with a broken cheekbone!

and dont patronise me with the blinkers, Just because i called you out doesnt make me blind. I criticise the club when it warrants it, and i back them in when it warrants. I dont try to use a thinly veiled reason to attack the club just because the mods let it slide

my case is simple logic,

the media are absolute scumbags, and if we, a club who hasn't had much success took such drastic measures we'd be lambasted for it - we aren't hawthorn who'd be lauded for it is my point -

yes, every club does. Ross the Boss tried to rig it for fyfe in 2015/2016 and got caught out

when the premise for my reply was a reply to a thinly veiled attempt to attack the club, then im calling it out as bullshit. that isn't bullying
Again you're wrong and just making it up as you go ,but do go on.If your argument is based around media being scumbags then i would be disappointed if the club feared them.IT sounds hilarious that $40MIL organization hides from the media. I personally think this is more your thinking and it's actually embarrassing and degrading to the club due to it's falseness or lack of proof.
Please quit using this line bc it makes us look characterless,spineless and a club terribly lacking leadership .

the leadership group failed?

tell me, who was the one who gave it his all in every final series? HINT IT WAS THE ******* CAPTAIN!

blame the players who played terrible, not the bloke who gives it his all in every game he plays, FFS the bloke played a full game with a broken cheekbone!

and dont patronise me with the blinkers, Just because i called you out doesnt make me blind. I criticise the club when it warrants it, and i back them in when it warrants. I dont try to use a thinly veiled reason to attack the club just because the mods let it slide

Wow you are more delusional than I thought! Here are some stats from 2015 elimination final. I'm sure you're really proud of these numbers.....

Trent Cotchin - 9 Disposals
Shane Edwards - 8 disposals
Lids - 17 disposals
Grimes - 12 disposals...

Again you're wrong and just making it up as you go ,but do go on.If you're argument is based around media being scumbags then i would be disappointed if the club feared them.IT sounds hilarious that $40MIL organization hides from the media. i personally think this is more your thinking and it's actually embarrassing and degrading to the club due to it's falseness or lack of proof.
please, show me how im wrong then :rolleyes:

the media ARE scumbags - look at how they witch-hunted dusty. Why make it any easier for them? every club lets the players choose their leader, we aren't special so why the * would we change that? if they think that cotch is the best choice then he is. but of course, you know better than the blokes who spend most days of the week with him training by his side my bad. :$

the day you say something positive about this club is the day the apocalypse happens. :straining:

Caroline Wilson
The Age
Feb 15, 2017

Jack Riewoldt's three-year omission from the Richmond leadership group presents as one in a long series of missteps that have accompanied the club's dismal on-field fortunes in recent times.

It is a misstep that looks certain to be rectified any day now.

Because it seems unthinkable that the Tigers should enter season 2017 with so much at stake still haunted by the collective admission that one of their best and most experienced players remains on the outer as far as his senior teammates are concerned.

The worst you ever hear about Riewoldt is that he can be selfish and that his moods are unpredictable. The best is that he is passionate and extroverted. Surely a player of his talent and intelligence with a tendency to the occasional sook or dummy spit is better kept within senior command.

Surely that should have been the reasoning some time ago. In Riewoldt's case he presents as a player whose shortcomings would have improved inside the group of playing leaders. He should have been encouraged rather than cut loose and certainly not for three years.

The strange and acrimonious departure of Leading Teams co-founder Gerard Murphy just before the midway point of last season left Richmond without a leadership consultant for much of 2016 until the appointment of former AFL football staffer Shane McCurry.

McCurry, who more recently consulted heavily at Essendon overseeing the rebuilding and restructuring of the Bombers football department after John Worsfold's appointment, is expected to lead the voting in of the 2017 leadership group at Tigerland this week.

That process is one in just a long series of stepping stones in what is clearly a work in progress. If leadership groups are as crucial to establishing on-field behaviours and off-field examples as football clubs claim them to be, then the Richmond version has failed since 2013 – the year Damien Hardwick first took the Tigers into September.

That was the year the fifth-placed Richmond lost the seemingly unlosable final to ninth-placed Carlton and the club at coaching and playing level has failed at every final since.

Having failed to address so many red flags that waved at the end of 2015 in football terms, Richmond chief Brendon Gale ordered a thorough review of that department last year, a season in which every leader at Richmond from president Peggy O'Neal down came under significant scrutiny, but notably the coach and the captain.

Certainly new football boss Neil Balme and his lieutenant Daniel Richardson would hope that McCurry and his methods receive more support at executive and board level than his predecessor.

Gerard Murphy moved at the end of last season to Port Adelaide, which has for the first time appointed an external leadership consultant. He is facilitating a new program that, albeit early days, has been lauded by the captain Travis Boak and his team and also Ken Hinkley and his assistants.

Murphy joined the Tigers at the end of 2014 and came highly recommended by Balme, who employed him at Geelong during that club's leadership reboot that began at the end of 2006 and reaped such historic benefits.

Although no one at Richmond will discuss what happened, it is understood Murphy's occasionally confrontational style put him at odds with some senior players, Riewoldt included. Either way his departure came as a shock to most players and even football staffers. In HR terms the handling of Murphy was one example among a series of missing links last year in the club's chain of command.

If the club's on-field leadership has been poor then this responsibility must be worn by Hardwick and his team of now largely departed assistants. Which is why, in a 2017 season that looms as the coach's last roll of the dice, a significant correction is required.

With every indication pointing to Trent Cotchin's reappointment, that correction at the very least should mean Jack Riewoldt is elevated to the leadership group.

It's no coincidence that high-priced and talented recruit Dion Prestia added his voice to what has been something of a summer campaign for his new teammate. A character that vibrant who shouts as loudly as Riewoldt does should be making his noise within the inner sanctum.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...oup-should-be-a-high-priority-20170214-gucw0e

Wow you are more delusional than I thought! Here are some stats from 2015 elimination final. I'm sure you're really proud of these numbers.....

Lids - 17 disposals
Grimes - 12 disposals...
2015 where he was tagged the whole time and no-one helped him? where he played as a 1-man midfield with campaignerington from norf hanging off him tighter than Mrs Cotchin ever does?

yeah, because that really shows how terrible he is :rolleyes:

I'm not proud of those numbers, yet im more pissed at the fact that no-one went in to bat for him, ******* campaignerington was scragging him all game and no-one planted that little s**t on his ass like they should have

Lids - 17 disposals
Grimes - 12 disposals...
Grimes played defence 12 disposals is hardly terrible

please, show me how im wrong then :rolleyes:

the media ARE scumbags - look at how they witch-hunted dusty. Why make it any easier for them? every club lets the players choose their leader, we aren't special so why the **** would we change that? if they think that cotch is the best choice then he is. but of course, you know better than the blokes who spend most days of the week with him training by his side my bad. :$

the day you say something positive about this club is the day the apocalypse happens. :straining:
Dusty got off and the truth came out. Try again as Dusty wasn't convicted ,but exonerated.Still not the argument you first made.
The day you say something to me or any other person who challenges improvement over mediocrity about this club without being insulting is the day the apocalypse happens.:$;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back