Captaincy and leadership group for 2017 ?

Remove this Banner Ad

i am not sure that is entirely true.

i would suggest that if someone who they had major misgivings about was put up they would have plenty of input.

Like I've said previously, this isn't high school. They aren't going to put up Shai Bolton for example but if they did then maybe you are right and the FD would step in but that's an extreme situation that is incredibly unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 where he was tagged the whole time and no-one helped him? where he played as a 1-man midfield with campaignerington from norf hanging off him tighter than Mrs Cotchin ever does?

yeah, because that really shows how terrible he is :rolleyes:

I'm not proud of those numbers, yet im more pissed at the fact that no-one went in to bat for him, ******* campaignerington was scragging him all game and no-one planted that little s**t on his ass like they should have

If he was tagged, he needs to find a way to influence the game which he didn't or couldn't for whatever reason.

Did I say he is terrible.? He is elite but has been performing like a B grader for the last 3 years with glimpses of class. The RCF will benefit the most if he played like a champion that he is. You need leaders who don't crumble under pressure and Titch is exactly that..! The numbers above support my case.

Perhaps you should read the post carefully before throwing in your useless tantrum. I never attacked the club or the captain, my post was relative to the leadership group who have failed us repeatedly at crunch moments in crunch games.

Like I've said previously, this isn't high school. They aren't going to put up Shai Bolton for example but if they did then maybe you are right and the FD would step in but that's an extreme situation that is incredibly unlikely.

Thank you

Ffs they are choosing the captain, not the coach.. if they start allowing players to choose the coach, then ask questions.
A captain should be someone the players are on level with, a leader not a boss or a dictator.. which is why the players should get a say..

When are the gen x hardmen going to realise these blokes are grown men, not kids??

If he was tagged, he needs to find a way to influence the game which he didn't or couldn't for whatever reason.

Did I say he is terrible.? He is elite but has been performing like a B grader for the last 3 years with glimpses of class. The RCF will benefit the most if he played like a champion that he is. You need leaders who don't crumble under pressure and Titch is exactly that..! The numbers above support my case.

Perhaps you should read the post carefully before throwing in your useless tantrum. I never attacked the club or the captain, my post was relative to the leadership group who have failed us repeatedly at crunch moments in crunch games.
http://m.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-09-30/cotchins-jack-dyer-medal-treble

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/brownl...14-the-final-leaderboard-20140922-10klph.html

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/brownl...ownlow-medal-leaderboard-20150928-gjws3h.html

feel free to correct me , but I also believe he was leading the 2016 JD untill his broken jaw and 3 day spell in hospital, which IIRC he played 1 day after getting out ?

Last edited:
Why is Anthony miles never mentioned as a leadership group option?
he's thinking about it:

Miles also is keen to take on some additional leadership responsibility within the Tigers’ playing group this year.

“I think it’s a natural progression being a bit more of a leader after you’ve played more senior footy,” he said.

“My first couple of years, coming off the rookie list, you tend not to say too much . . . you’re just rapt to get a game.

“But I’m so heavily invested in this football club now.

“I love the place and want to make others better, as well as myself.

“I’d like to think of myself as a leader to a lot of the younger guys . . .

“It’s really exciting what those younger guys are bringing. This pre-season, they’ve really stood up.

“They came back two weeks earlier than the older guys, and they’ve really carried that on through the whole pre-season . . .

“It’s a real positive for the Club.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-02-15/miles-strives-to-go-the-distance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snapchat from the club this morning showed Jack talking to the group in the centre of his side's huddle.

7drHiqr.gif

During the second period of the intra club, Balme joined the commentary and was asked about the leadership group. The way it will be selected will be different from prior years.
Club will have some input and we have a new staff member in charge of how it all runs/works. Apparently looks like a hipster but isn't one.
Balme said the choices need to suit on field leadership with some thought to off-field as well.
He said we will know when we know but hopefully within the next couple of weeks.

During the second period of the intra club, Balme joined the commentary and was asked about the leadership group. The way it will be selected will be different from prior years.
Club will have some input and we have a new staff member in charge of how it all runs/works. Apparently looks like a hipster but isn't one.
Balme said the choices need to suit on field leadership with some thought to off-field as well.
He said we will know when we know but hopefully within the next couple of weeks.

Did they say cotch is locked in to captain ?

players leaked it out that cotch will be captain again

No doubt he will be voted in again.
My prediction for the structure...
C - Cotchin
VC - Rance
LG - Grimes, Prestia, Edwards, Riewoldt and Caddy/Vlastuin
Young leadership group - Markov, Rioli, CEllis, Nankervis

No doubt he will be voted in again.
My prediction for the structure...
C - Cotchin
VC - Rance