Cardinal Pell honorary role with Richmond - Is this the last straw?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He got off but who knows what went down
The court has found that nothing went down. It was a unanimous decision. Miscarriage of justice trials rarely get up and for the court to make a unanimous decision so quickly close to unprecedented.

We live in a democracy. Pell is innocent. He must have his position ms fully reinstated at RFC.

Not surprised at all by the decision of the High Court however I dont expect RFC to revoke their recent move , nor should they as a religious figure that represents one denomination having exalted status on our membership roll goes against the grain of one Tiger Army , many beliefs
Pell has been associated with the club since the 50’s. To strip someone of their position in the club based on there religion goes against the grain of one tiger army, many beliefs.

The court has found that nothing went down. It was a unanimous decision. Miscarriage of justice trials rarely get up and for the court to make a unanimous decision so quickly close to unprecedented.

We live in a democracy. Pell is innocent. He must have his position ms fully reinstated at RFC.

OJ Simpson was found not guilty too, it's not proof of innocence, it's a technicality.

Though I do hope the club extends an olive branch, a one-way trip to Rome, provided he takes it now. :rainbow:

Pell has been associated with the club since the 50’s. To strip someone of their position in the club based on there religion goes against the grain of one tiger army, many beliefs.
The fact he was still associated with the club after protecting peado priests is a stain on our history.

How would the court know what happened?

They have no idea I'm guessing

The third highest official Catholic isn't going to jail

It's not a democracy it's an oligarchy. A kid just got fines 2 grand for practicing driving

The courts are dodgy. Gobbo comes to mind

OJ Simpson was found not guilty too, it's not proof of innocence.

Though I do hope the club extends an olive branch, a one-way trip to Rome, provided he takes it now. :rainbow:
Lindy Chamberlain was found innocent too. The guy is not guilty in a unanimous decision. He is the victim of a gross miscarriage of justice. Spent 405 days in prison as an innocent man. All his previous honours must be reinstated.

Last edited:

It's not a democracy it's an oligarchy. A kid just got fines 2 grand for practicing driving

So you think there is a giant conspiracy involving the full bench of the high court and the Catholic Church. Not even Alex Jones would say this sort of stuff

We re entitled to review what was once referred as a no 1 ticket holder or patron. For a senior religious figure to occupy one of these roles doesn’t sit right when the membership roll represents so many beliefs and cultures. 2020 is a different era to 1950

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate , you need to have a closer look at the prosecution case , it smacked of a US court prior to the civil rights era where convictions would be had on suspicion alone. This case was ultimately decided on the word of the victim that wasn’t corroborated by any further evidence . how on earth that proved to be beyond reasonable doubt is indeed scary and a throwback to the era I spoke of earlier

I believe in Catholic conspiracys yes
So we all understand this, the Catholic Church has failed to corrupt the Victorian judiciary or the Victorian police but you believe that it has corrupted every high court judge in Australia. And that their unanimous overturning of this decision and their ruling that this was a gross miscarriage of justice was because all of Australia’s high court judges are corrupt?

We re entitled to review what was once referred as a no 1 ticket holder or patron. For a senior religious figure to occupy one of these roles doesn’t sit right when the membership roll represents so many beliefs and cultures. 2020 is a different era to 1950
Mate , you need to have a closer look at the prosecution case , it smacked of a US court prior to the civil rights era where convictions would be had on suspicion alone. This case was ultimately decided on the word of the victim that wasn’t corroborated by any further evidence . how on earth that proved to be beyond reasonable doubt is indeed scary and a throwback to the era I spoke of earlier

Yeah that's a valid point.

But because there isn't evidence doesn't mean the crime done

I assume this is often the case.

Wada having a lesser standard of proof is interesting

Lindy Chamberlain was found innocent too. The guy is not guilty in a unanimous decision. He is the victim of a gross miscarriage of justice. Soent 405 days in prison as an innocent man. All his previous honours must be reinstated.

405 days is a bullet dodged for him, not a miscarriage of justice.

Don't worry, the church will reinstate his honours because they've always been about protecting paedophiles above all else, Pell himself did this for other sex offenders. :rainbow:

I think an innocent man who spent 405 days in prison was a victim of a gross abuse of power and holds no ill will to his accuser is exactly the person we should have as our #1 ticket holder.

So you believe he is guilty of abusing children? On what evidence?
Give it a break, being found not guilty is not the same as being found innocent

The evidence that convinced a jury, rather than a legal technicality.

Give it a break, being found not guilty is not the same as being found innocent

Let him believe what he wants, if he's backing Pell he probably already believes in a sky fairy anyway. :$

Last edited:
I suggest you read the judgement from the high court that addresses this specifically. It is really sad the fear and predjudice people have on this board of cultures and religions that are not their own.
Racism and vilifying people simply for their religion should have no place in Australia.

The evidence of all the victims, sadly he was released only because of doubt raised based on it being he said, she said.
Doesn’t make him an innocent victim, nor does it change he covered up for other rock spiders in the church.
If the club offers him his position back (spoiler alert- they won’t) I and many others would be cancelling memberships immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back