Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 2 (cont. in Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is upset that her Carlton 'source' is gone.

Trigg was her 'source' for all Carlton related stuff. He gave her decent scoops and she used them and at the same time was very lenient on us (just look at the evidence in her writing while Trigg was at the club).

Soon as she found out that Trigg was gone she was furious as one of her few remaining reliable sources for scoops was gone. Not only that, but the club went hard into the Herald Sun camp and all scoops are given to the Herald Sun rather than the Age now.
I think Caro is now relying on her 3AW source, Tom Elliott just a hunch
Her job is to have an opinion and write about it, sometimes I don’t agree or like what she has to say, (with the drug saga it was great she let * have it) but I do respect her.

Sooner we start winning and get on the upward curve the better.

I respect Caroline too. I wish she would show some character here and admit that her latest Carlton cook up is bullshit. Just saying....
Gotta find something to write about, we’re a soft target at the moment

the softest - I'm just wondering what crime we have committed, someone has to be on the bottom and all - is it taking membership money under false pretenses? did the club promise anything it hasn't delivered? other than the nursery needs of the delusional romper-room crew in here I don't think so

the softest - I'm just wondering what crime we have committed, someone has to be on the bottom and all - is it taking membership money under false pretenses? did the club promise anything it hasn't delivered? other than the nursery needs of the delusional romper-room crew in here I don't think so
The only thing that sells clicks better than kicking a team where they're down is kicking Carlton when it's down. Everyone loves seeing a tall poppy smacked, even when it's been copping it for ten years.

Absolutely.

We use Podiant, which shares the episodes across iTunes and Android apps. See our signature for just four of the outlets, which now include Spotify. These sites - Castbox, RadioPublic et al - have apps, but you can also stream via the links.
Don't know if I've replicated my own stupidity, but on two different platforms, I've got about 10 minutes of your content looping for an hour and a half. That's what I got when I listened to your part 1. Disappointed because it sounded good.

I listened to part one and really enjoyed it, some very interesting info on our recruitment / list management over the last decade or so. Worth a listen imo :thumbsu:
How did you listen to the podcast? I've tried everything but spotify, and it seems to be looping the first 15 minutes. I really wanted to listen to it. What I heard was great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did you listen to the podcast? I've tried everything but spotify, and it seems to be looping the first 15 minutes. I really wanted to listen to it. What I heard was great.
On a Windows 8 laptop, just clicked on the URL and opened a new tab in Google Chrome.

"Average age" is the most overrated and stupid statistic in football.

10 x 50 year olds in a team with 12 x 6 year olds would give an average age of 26 years old.

That would mean we would have an average age of 26 years old.

So we should beat Richmond?

Anyone that uses "average age" as a pretence for "analysis" is a flog of the highest order.

Further humour on a grey day in Melbourne.

I "commented" to Caro's rubbish in The Age.

Not surprisingly the moderators chose to delete my reply.

I did find it highly amusing to read the Moderators advice to readers who may choose to "comment"

I.e. "Respect others. Criticise ideas, not people".

******* good idea that - Maybe their writers/staff could try this concept!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am normally a reader of BF and have never posted.But today I am compelled to vent.

I despair at the media coverage of football in general - just too many people (cannot see fit to use the term "journalist" to describe the vast majority of them) commenting on afl. There needs to be a proper accreditation process.

I simply ingnore the media commentary about Carlton.

I also mute the channel 7 game commentary for all games , not just Carlton games.

SOS was awesome on Monday night, mind you with the exception of Juddy, he was dealing with 3 muppets on that show.

But the thing that the ******* media does that shits me the most, is when they refer to us as "the once proud club" , I have always been a proud of Carlton. At least weve had the guts to tackle our situation.

I believe in Bolts and SOS. And will be patient.

Was at game 3 weeks ago against Port, and was proud. But the media forget about that sort of performance.

I am going to the game tomorrow, and would love a performance by the blues that would make tools like Lloyd the sniper eat their words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back