Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 2 (cont. in Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I got out of that:
  • Duck can see what's going on.
  • BT is so self centered that he is boring.
  • Darcey is an absolute idiot, how can you play a game for so long yet know nothing about it?
  • Brown talks sense but is very much a junior BT and is much like his old man, self centered.

I was at the game and can honestly say these aren't the only ones.

effort was poor but I seriously am starting to believe the players don't believe in this zone that Bolton is trying to implement. hard to put pressure on when you're standing in no mans land to begin with! with the amount of ball we turn over to it just compounds it.

but seriously Kerridge and Rowe what absolute battlers!

After what we dished up on Saturday, we deserve to get smashed in the media.. It was an absolute disgrace.

That’s a given & no one is running from that with everyone acknowledging the poor performance but I think we’ve been well represented by others including Liddle, McKay, Judd and Bolt’s, probably with an understanding that MLG is not the best media performer (I’d say most supporters may have wished for this as the front) & he’ll handle other regular presentations for the club - but all singing from the same hymn book.

Have no issue with criticism of the performance. It's warranted, but it seems to morph into a club in crisis and facts go out the window
The media keep going with Oh freo had a younger list... They conveniently forget that they had quite a few more top end talent playing than we did.

The media keep going with Oh freo had a younger list... They conveniently forget that they had quite a few more top end talent playing than we did.

Exactly. Big issue. Plus we had 9 under 21 and they had 3. Average age is a stupid stat. How many kids did we play and if you take out Simmo Thomas & Rowe what's our age.

After the disappointment of the weekend I woke up this morning feeling at least a little more comfort that the President, Judd and McKay are spruiking the same consistent message - we are sticking to our plan !!

The media are naturally all over us and after the booing on the weekend (which I hope we don't hear again) they are looking for the chink in our armour and so far at least, the Blues hierarchy haven't given them one which must be pissing them off no end.

As supporters we need to stay the course as well. Let's really support the club and the plan - on social media, on talkback, friends and keep turning up to games . I'm not ashamed to be a Carlton supporter !

I think the media objective is to cause a riot at CFC to create more media frenzy.

Great to see we are not indulging them:)

Juddy handled himself well, that druggie sitting next to him was salivating to tear shreds off us, but Juddy handled it very well.

If that was me sitting next the druggie I would have rearranged his teeth ******* w***er.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry buddy, O'Neill, Costa, Colless and Kennett are (or were) regularly in the media, particularly radio, particularly on game day.

MLG has done two print interviews that can't be read outside victoria and behind a paywall.

Anyway, you've decided to blindly support these perennial under performing administrators, so I wish you good luck. We'll need it.

Do the interview but on the condition that the transcript is published in full on CFC website within a given time frame.

Not everyone has access to the Age and the Hun on a regular basis. How about some interviews on the ABC or News.com.au with a national reach? Luckily we have Judd talking sense on Monday nights.

Looking forward to Kade Simpson on On The Couch next Monday night prior to his 300th, hopefully Gerard and the boy's haven't jinxed him by going early.

Just caught the opening segment of Footy Classified.

I thought Chris Judd was very measured , realistic of where we are at and did hint at a 4-5 year timeline. I would have liked to hear MLG say that , i'd like to hear him say anything (not sure i have heard him speak).

I didnt get any great confidence that MM would be at the club next year. Hope i am wrong.

Do the interview but on the condition that the transcript is published in full on CFC website within a given time frame.

Not everyone has access to the Age and the Hun on a regular basis. How about some interviews on the ABC or News.com.au with a national reach? Luckily we have Judd talking sense on Monday nights.

Looking forward to Kade Simpson on On The Couch next Monday night prior to his 300th, hopefully Gerard and the boy's haven't jinxed him by going early.
So Simmo’s 300th is v Port Adelaide ?

Wasn't a great effort by Rowe, but got pushed away from the ball with Apeness pushing himself onto the run of the ball. Rowe was never going to stop turnaround and catch him.

Blaming Kerridge for Matera running around LJ seems a bit tough to me.
That being the case, Rowe just gave up. You never know if there's going to be a fumble, or another pass and a contest you could put pressure on and affect.

Kerridge doesn't get blamed for giving his man a 10m head start and then jogging around aimlessly while play continues around him? He seriously looked like he didn't know where to go or what to do.

Not sure why MLG is being criticised for lack of media I would’ve thought that’s Liddle or McKays job
I would like to hear from him about what it is the club is doing. i dont think he needs to be in the media every week but a couple of times in the year would seem about right. I dont recall him saying anything this year , or last year tbh.

Liddle and McKay can do the weekly stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back