Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some positive news.

Yes I know paywall-

He’s one of the hottest off-contract players on the market. But Harry McKay’s rivals are struggling to tempt him out of Carlton.

"The Blues are set to kick off contract talks with McKay’s manager David Trotter this week, with the star goalkicker’s camp dealing exclusively with Carlton despite outside interest. While terms and tenure are yet to be thrashed out, a three-year deal of as much as $3 million "

Some positive news.

Yes I know paywall-

The wording is, again, almost more interesting than the news provided.

"... a three year deal of as much as 3 million." has the word 'as' working rather hard.

This would not surprise me if it's McKay's agent that's leaked this one. 'Dealing exclusively with Carlton' is for the benefit of anyone listening from a Carlton perspective; the figures mentioned are for the other clubs in the hunt.

If Carlton are actually offering him a million a year, I'll go he. This is about forcing Carlton to raise their offer, and using other clubs offering in excess of that to do it.

How hard is this guy pushing for a gig somewhere? Seriously, * this guy.

Vague report comes out of senior players informally chatting with incoming club president admitting confusion about the game plan - so Leppa roasts them?

Claiming they are complaining about Teague - where did the player bag out Teague? Where are the details on that? From all I can read; some informal chats occurred to the club president about confusion around the game plan. The players are employees of the club and when the President wants a chat, I'd imagine you take the time to have a chat.

Feel for the player if they read that, garbage from Leppa imo.

How hard is this guy pushing for a gig somewhere? Seriously, fu** this guy.

Vague report comes out of senior players informally chatting with incoming club president admitting confusion about the game plan - so Leppa roasts them?

Claiming they are complaining about Teague - where did the player bag out Teague? Where are the details on that? From all I can read; some informal chats occurred to the club president about confusion around the game plan. The players are employees of the club and when the President wants a chat, I'd imagine you take the time to have a chat.

If Leppa is that volatile and arbitrary in his thinking, he doesn’t exactly sound like someone you would want at the club either

If Leppa is that volatile and arbitrary in his thinking, he doesn’t exactly sound like someone you would want at the club either

He is a joke. Coaching record of 14-52, riding off the success of the Tigers. Don’t want at all.

Listening to all the experts in the media like King, Brereton, Lloyd, Cornes, Garry Lyon and the list goes on none of which have ever put their hand up to put it to the test. Then there’s Watson. How good was he as a coach? I can sit and watch the team and yes, I can pick holes in how we play but at the end of the day we were negligent in not seeking better assistants when Bolton was removed. Barker might be a nice guy but should’ve been removed years ago.

He is a joke. Coaching record of 14-52, riding off the success of the Tigers. Don’t want at all.

Listening to all the experts in the media like King, Brereton, Lloyd, Cornes, Garry Lyon and the list goes on none of which have ever put their hand up to put it to the test. Then there’s Watson. How good was he as a coach? I can sit and watch the team and yes, I can pick holes in how we play but at the end of the day we were negligent in not seeking better assistants when Bolton was removed. Barker might be a nice guy but should’ve been removed years ago.

King tried his hand at being an assistant coach at the Tuggers - apparently didnt end well.

Spot on.

If players were asked for honest feedback and in response said that they found the gameplan confusing or that it wasn't felt that all players were treated equally at selection, what's wrong with that? It's not like they called Teague a **** w***er or something.

Leppitsch's reaction comes across as way over the top IMO and you wouldn't want that at your footy club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The wording is, again, almost more interesting than the news provided.

"... a three year deal of as much as 3 million." has the word 'as' working rather hard.

This would not surprise me if it's McKay's agent that's leaked this one. 'Dealing exclusively with Carlton' is for the benefit of anyone listening from a Carlton perspective; the figures mentioned are for the other clubs in the hunt.

If Carlton are actually offering him a million a year, I'll go he. This is about forcing Carlton to raise their offer, and using other clubs offering in excess of that to do it.
I want him to sign but does he kick well enough and work hard enough at ground level for 1 million a year -- a lot of ball goes through him for the return he is getting -- I always saw him as a forward who can second ruck bit like roughead .. if curnow and (a full strength forward line ) we're playing I wonder how many he would of kicked .. I suppose these rumours are all just that but normally players stay for a bit less-- maybe he seen how much we willing to pay for William and mcgovern and said F@&$ it

I want him to sign but does he kick well enough and work hard enough at ground level for 1 million a year -- a lot of ball goes through him for the return he is getting -- I always saw him as a forward who can second ruck bit like roughead .. if curnow and (a full strength forward line ) we're playing I wonder how many he would of kicked .. I suppose these rumours are all just that but normally players stay for a bit less-- maybe he seen how much we willing to pay for William and mcgovern and said F@&$ it

My brother often says Harry either gets the ball or he doesn't ... and if he doesn't get it, he offers nothing. I think this stat supports what we see there.

H1.jpg

My brother often says Harry either gets the ball or he doesn't ... and if he doesn't get it, he offers nothing. I think this stat supports what we see there.

View attachment 1150235
Harry is tied to the goal square - what they need to show with that analysis is where the score assists are coming from on the field. What full forward is going to get the ball anywhere in the f50 and not back themselves to score.

He doesn't get up the ground anywhere near as much as any other full forward I've watched in the comp, almost all of his possessions are 5 to 55 metres out and I think thats instructional, not effort based.

View attachment 1150235
It is a good statistic but says more about Carltons forward line than Harry - same for every FF really their stats will vary to a greater or lesser extent according to the team of forwards and type of entries they play to.

Would Darling be a better fit for Carlton than Harry - woudl Harry get better stats at Adelaide or Geelong ....

Journo nuffies are going to pick the players from winning sides anyway.

Harry is tied to the goal square - what they need to show with that analysis is where the score assists are coming from on the field. What full forward is going to get the ball anywhere in the f50 and not back themselves to score.

He doesn't get up the ground anywhere near as much as any other full forward I've watched in the comp, almost all of his possessions are 5 to 55 metres out and I think thats instructional, not effort based.

That would be great analysis to see. I've been trying to find the Target I50 stat recently so was glad it popped up. If you break it down into goal and score involvements, he is clearly at the bottom. If you break it down to just goals scored (ignoring SAs), he sits behind TW and JD, but ahead of Hawk and McDonald. I imagine the gap would close with JD and TW if all shots on goal were considered (accounting for inaccuracy).

The score assists are not defined as a player being in a position to take a shot but giving it off ... It's understandable to expect H to take a shot when he has a mark inside 50 or a clear opportunity to score .. But this stat shows that he has only found himself in contests 4 times :openmouth: over the course of the season where he has been able to assist a teammate in scoring.. that to me indicates not enough involvement in general play ... people can draw their own conclusions.

Mainly, it's interesting to me, because it appears to fit with what we see.

That would be great analysis to see. I've been trying to find the Target I50 stat recently so was glad it popped up. If you break it down into goal and score involvements, he is clearly at the bottom. If you break it down to just goals scored (ignoring SAs), he sits behind TW and JD, but ahead of Hawk and McDonald. I imagine the gap would close with JD and TW if all shots on goal were considered (accounting for inaccuracy).

The score assists are not defined as a player being in a position to take a shot but giving it off ... It's understandable to expect H to take a shot when he has a mark inside 50 or a clear opportunity to score .. But this stat shows that he has only found himself in contests 4 times :openmouth: over the course of the season where he has been able to assist a teammate in scoring.. that to me indicates not enough involvement in general play ... people can draw their own conclusions.

Mainly, it's interesting to me, because it appears to fit with what we see.
But this also doesn’t mention when he brings the ball to ground, for one of the smalls to get a goal. All these assist are from handballs or kicks only.
How many times is he also double teamed? Do they count kicks towards him when our players just bomb it to him in a pack situation?

But this also doesn’t mention when he brings the ball to ground, for one of the smalls to get a goal. All these assist are from handballs or kicks only.
How many times is he also double teamed? Do they count kicks towards him when our players just bomb it to him in a pack situation?

Feels a bit like clutching at straws here ... It doesn't include those stats for any of the players mentioned?

View attachment 1150235
Jesus, did he run over your cat or something? This is like post 5 today alone bagging him.

Can we also have some research that covers the shithouse delivery he gets, how often he has 2 or 3 opponents because there is nobody else to worry about or the number of times Levi or Cripps lead into him?

Jesus, did he run over your cat or something? This is like post 5 today alone bagging him.

Can we also have some research that covers the shithouse delivery he gets, how often he has 2 or 3 opponents because there is nobody else to worry about or the number of times Levi or Cripps lead into him?
Welcome to the Carlton BF board, where the sky is blue, or green, or orange, or it's complicated, you've got blue tinted lens on, you've been drinking the kool-aid, you're just being negative and the sky will be blue soon, you'll see, lol and anyone that thinks the sky will be blue soon needs to get their brain examined for structural abnormalities, and-

Mods: This post has been cleared up, and the poster threadbanned.

How hard is this guy pushing for a gig somewhere? Seriously, fu** this guy.

Didn’t Marc Murphy, publicly question his axing from the side? Didn’t many on here rightfully condemn him for doing so?

It doesn’t look great, when that info comes out and if it was Murphy, then what would be wrong with making an example of them? No idea, how that info would get out either.

Murphy was put straight back in the team after complaining publicly about being dropped, doesn’t look good

I really hope we don’t see a bunch of arse covering and throwing people under the bus to protect yourself in the next few months.

Spot on.

If players were asked for honest feedback and in response said that they found the gameplan confusing or that it wasn't felt that all players were treated equally at selection, what's wrong with that? It's not like they called Teague a **** w***er or something.

Leppitsch's reaction comes across as way over the top IMO and you wouldn't want that at your footy club.

Would be interesting to k ow who leaked the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back