Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

And if anyone thought that the media (in particular the Herald-Sun) didn’t have it in for us - the Herald-Sun online and via Twitter have pictures of Carlton players (only) with there story about AFL players who maybe anti-vaxxers

:rolleyes:
If you don't like the rag, why are you subscribed? Pay wall btw...

Watching SAS - Hell Week on Channel 7 & contestants were asked to talk about regrets in their lives. Luke the 'tradie' stands up & talks about being rookie drafted by Carlton in 2009 & being delisted after one season due to "drinking & partying too much". A quick review of the 2009 rookie draft reveals Luke the 'tradie' has to be Luke Stanton.

I worked with Lukes Aunty many years ago. Met his mum and other aunty as well. He is cousins with Nick Dal Santo. At the time he was constantly injured and couldn't get on the park. Obviously more to it.

I worked with Lukes Aunty many years ago. Met his mum and other aunty as well. He is cousins with Nick Dal Santo. At the time he was constantly injured and couldn't get on the park. Obviously more to it.
He did mention the injury issues, but it is the drinking & partying which he regrets.

We have learnt during the show that he has a 5 year old non-verbal autistic son & Luke is the son of a Vietnam Veteran who struggled upon return to Australia.

He did mention the injury issues, but it is the drinking & partying which he regrets.

Tbf it's not a huge stretch to suggest the injuries injuries could've been the result of a lack of professionalism.

Tbf it's not a huge stretch to suggest the injuries injuries could've been the result of a lack of professionalism.
Nor is it a stretch that the constant injuries led to frustration and anxiety about his ability to perform at his best at which point he decided to relax somewhat. It's hard to know what processes people go through when observation is from a distance.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nor is it a stretch that the constant injuries led to frustration and anxiety about his ability to perform at his best at which point he decided to relax somewhat. It's hard to know what processes people go through when observation is from a distance.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app
If he regrets the lifestyle and the injuries are a secondary thought I'd suggest that's where the issue lay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back