Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...lthy-blues-squad/story-e6frf3e3-1227125480034

MARC Murphy has put finals on the agenda at Carlton, with the Blues skipper pointing to the squad’s injection of talent and clean bill of health as cause for optimism. Murphy and his senior teammates joined the side’s youngsters for the official start of pre-season training this morning, with only a few players unable to take part.The captain, now 27, said there was a feeling of urgency to get back to September.

I was reading up about kouta and found this, his retirement.

After a sleepless night, Koutoufides steeled himself for one last tough assignment - breaking the news to teammates at Princes Park early yesterday before training.

He kept his composure as he stepped up to address the senior list, coaching and support staff, including property steward Wayne "Bulldog" Gilbert who spotted him as a 14-year-old with Lalor.

But he unashamedly wept as players surrounded him, to hug and shake hands in a pertinent reminder of their own football mortality.

"I looked over and when I saw his (Gilbert's) face, I couldn't talk after that. You have such a long association with guys," Koutoufides said.

"I love talking to them and spending time with them. It's not easy to say goodbye.

"It's emotional when you see those faces, guys you've been associated with for so long. It has been such a great part of your life.

"I've seen quite a few (retirement announcements) and seen tears flow. I don't think Ratts (Brett Ratten) lasted even 10 seconds. Some can stand up strong and others get a bit emotional.

"It's a bit like when my father passed away, it's hard to accept. But it is reality and it sort of hit home last night."

Koutoufides was resigned to this being his last season, but the doctor ended it early on Monday when scans revealed a more serious hip injury.

Feel like crying now after reading that =, (

Blues set to pounce on SOS! :D

Stephen Silvagni remains the firm favourite to become Carlton's new list manager after Greater Western Sydney confirmed his departure.

The highly respected Silvagni will leave the Giants after this month's national draft.
The Blues have already started interviews for the job and will step up discussions with the club great later this month. It's understood they want someone with a strong grasp of advanced metrics and data, as they seek to improve their valuation of players.

The AFL full-back of the century has a strong friendship with Blues president Mark LoGiudice. However, one obstacle which may need to be overcome is that Silvagni's son Jack, the eldest of three boys, could be drafted next year.

Blues set to pounce on SOS!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good on SOS for sticking to his guns if that was indeed the case.

Presidents and CEO's can be such dicks sometimes.
It was a really good article by Caro. Great insight into both sides.

I also like that SOS doesn't want to be apart of the recruiting his boys - leave that up to Rogers & co.

It always starts of like that and then, just like magic.......................things change :)
We can only hope that we see Jack Silvagni in the line of 3 champions from the same family play at our club. The genes are there and indeed the stars seem to be aligning if SOS does in fact come back to the Blues right at the start of the season where we would be able to pick up Jack come seasons end. Truly auspicious timing and completely serendipitous. Makes you feel like its the start of a Hollywood movie script.

We can only hope that we see Jack Silvagni in the line of 3 champions from the same family play at our club. The genes are there and indeed the stars seem to be aligning if SOS does in fact come back to the Blues right at the start of the season where we would be able to pick up Jack come seasons end. Truly auspicious timing and completely serendipitous. Makes you feel like its the start of a Hollywood movie script.
Calm before the storm :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back