Carlton Merchandise needs a complete overhaul

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems our Merchandise guys would rather see 10 people wearing a $100 shirt rather than 100 wearing a $10 shirt, even if the profit was the same.

People want to identify with the club, not everyone can afford the really expensive items for sale, especially when buying in bulk (families).

Seems our Merchandise guys would rather see 10 people wearing a $100 shirt rather than 100 wearing a $10 shirt, even if the profit was the same.

People want to identify with the club, not everyone can afford the really expensive items for sale, especially when buying in bulk (families).
So this. Seems they measure the purchase of a hat or jumper, not the promotion of the club.

It's all about exposure:thumbsu:

NIKE ARE SCUM!

Would love to know how much the poor bastards who physically make the guernseys get paid. If it's anything like Nike's supplier factories where I live, next to * all. Then they're selling them for $100+ a pop, unbelievable.

Last edited:
Seriously s**t stuff from Nike this year. I appreciate that they've given us stuff close to the PIs, but... Good god. They've reduced the quality of the PIs to replicas.
I’m up in Canberra using the preseason game as an excuse to check out a different venue/city. Just went past Rebel Sport after grabbing lunch. I was blown away at how poor the guernsey was.

Everything’s heatpressed on. The guernsey material is strange and not really footy-like. The monogram is furry on one side and smooth on the other. The back panel (how ridiculous) is silver and not white. Need I say more?

View attachment 464934 View attachment 464935 View attachment 464936 View attachment 464937 View attachment 464938

Well, there's a backward step for starters.
It's what made our jumper look classy and now we're reverting back to sublimation printing. Have we any pride?

The jumper with the faux-stitched, raise logo looked terrific. Where's that one gone?

View attachment 459800

how do we give feedback to the club that the new guernsey design has butchered our monogram amongst other features?

our old monogram as above was absolutely perfect and i am so glad i bought one when they were selling the actual on field guernseys for a very limited time at a very inflated price.

the whole time i was watching us against the saints i was so distracted by how bad the guernsey looked to me as it has now become one of those annoying things in my head i cant stop noticing.

apart from the monogram, the strip at the back above the logo, the logo itself, the position of the nike, the collar, the navy blue backing, literally everything looks so much worse now than it used to previously used to. im not sure why this soccer style revamp of the guernsey was required but if enough of us can let the club know what we think maybe theyll take it on board like they did with the monogram in the first place. so does anyone know what the proper channel to do this through would be? is there a specific email to this department or anything?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how do we give feedback to the club that the new guernsey design has butchered our monogram amongst other features?

our old monogram as above was absolutely perfect and i am so glad i bought one when they were selling the actual on field guernseys for a very limited time at a very inflated price.

the whole time i was watching us against the saints i was so distracted by how bad the guernsey looked to me as it has now become one of those annoying things in my head i cant stop noticing.

apart from the monogram, the strip at the back above the logo, the logo itself, the position of the nike, the collar, the navy blue backing, literally everything looks so much worse now than it used to previously used to. im not sure why this soccer style revamp of the guernsey was required but if enough of us can let the club know what we think maybe theyll take it on board like they did with the monogram in the first place. so does anyone know what the proper channel to do this through would be? is there a specific email to this department or anything?
Send it to all of them. * them for messing it up.

Hey, it’s not like the guernsey a footy team wears is the very symbol - the incontrovertible branding - upon which it stands, eh. It’s not like the guernsey is some incorruptible trademark against which the entire organisation - players, admin, CEO, staff, fans, members - lean and take pride in, eh.

Again, I scoff. This club... I’m at a loss. Remember when we did a ‘vote’ to decide which guernsey we’d be wearing? The choice was the new or the old? Remember that whole thing was predicated on the fact that, in 1997, the club switched to Nike and come 1998, without any consultation or fanfare, we rocked up wearing a guernsey not with the classic interlocked monogram, but the traditional wreath one?

Without saying a word the club switched logos. Yes, I’m aware of the history behind both.

Well... haven’t they kind of done that again? This new ‘bevelled’ monogram isn’t the one that the fans ‘voted’ back onto the guernsey. It’s a departure from the one that so proudly adorned our beautiful guernsey for decades.

Simply, it looks shite.

This is not a good situation. I am no cashed up bogan and if I want to buy some merch, its going to be out of my price range and poor quality anyway.

Hey Cam, letting you know that this year, my daughter will wear an old gurnsey and I might wear a cap from years ago.

I honestly can't remember a time where I've been happy with our merchandise.

I've been wanting to buy a hoodie for a few seasons now and although the monogram hoodie looks alright, why can't we just release a basic hoodie?

Logo on one side, sponsors on the other side. How hard can that be?

Imagine how much money we'd make if we actually had decent merchandise.

It's just so frustrating how slack we are with our branding & marketing...! cw18hdy02m-front.jpg eb18hdy01m-front.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This is not a good situation. I am no cashed up bogan and if I want to buy some merch, its going to be out of my price range and poor quality anyway.

Hey Cam, letting you know that this year, my daughter will wear an old gurnsey and I might wear a cap from years ago.
I love the old caps.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe they could expand into Casual wear.
Both long sleeve and short sleeve shirts like a chambray shirt with just the logo on the top left shoulder region.
It could be checks or other patterns and it would not need to be done by Nike, rather have a local designer and manufacturer using natural materials.
Chambray.jpg LS Checks.png Checks.jpg

I regularly check the merchandise prior to heading over for a game. So I can pick up something new to wear. I tried yesterday for the life of me I couldn’t find a thing I wanted to wear with pride. I did purchase the black out guernsey last year but it is very budget and printed into the fabric like an old chicken feed knock off of the epl shirts in the late 90s. I’m s a bit disappointing because I do have the money and am happy to spend the extra on quality. The problem with this stuff is that they actually are charging high prices for replicas which should be much cheaper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back