Oppo Camp Carlton worst season in 122 years: The Evil of Patrick Cripps...

I love seeing Carlton lose

• Yes

Votes: 199 90.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 91 41.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another little known fact is the somewhat alarming growth of soccer in NSW was brought about partially because soccer Australia spent huge sums on meeting and bankrolling individual sports programs in schools.

It wasn't done at a Federal or even State level but at the local level with individual schools - very cunning.

Many Sydneyites for decades unseeing their schools rugby goalposts were shocked in their complacency as overnight almost it seemed those goalposts were replaced on school ovals by soccer goalposts.

The AFL have yet to hear the barbarians at the gate . . . .

How's your spirit? Cause we're gonna shatter it into a thousand pieces.
Petal.

My spirit is fine mate, could you do me a favour? When you have something intelligent to comment on by all means quote me and bring me into the conversation … otherwise just keeps wiping the drool from your chin whilst sitting in your dark closet ….

My spirit is fine mate, could you do me a favour? When you have something intelligent to comment on by all means quote me and bring me into the conversation … otherwise just keeps wiping the drool from your chin whilst sitting in your dark closet ….
Just woke up from your nanny nap? Petal?

Sure it wasn't a Collingwood supporter that raided the St Vinnies bin?
He looked like a complete knob, so I’m certain he was a Carlton supporter.

Seriously though, are you enjoying the ride yet?

Loving the rebuild … good for the constitution …. :thumbsu: 42 list changes in 3 years … probably 8 more at the end of this year .. btw Daisy will be uncontracted 2019 if you wanna pick him back up …

This was always going to be out "youngest" year in terms of drafted talent and the recycled players bought in on short term contracts to support them …

Back to the Pies though. Do you guys think you have a chance this year?

Loving the rebuild … good for the constitution …. :thumbsu: 42 list changes in 3 years … probably 8 more at the end of this year .. btw Daisy will be uncontracted 2019 if you wanna pick him back up …

This was always going to be out "youngest" year in terms of drafted talent and the recycled players bought in on short term contracts to support them …

Re Daisy - due to his own stupidity of surfing with an already wonky ankle he was past his best when he followed daddy Mick to your mob. He is a premiership player however and in the fullness of time will return to the Collingwood fold - NOT however as a player.

As for our chances this year - I take it you mean flag chances - the last couple of years have thrown up a couple of flag surprises so anything is possible.

However when you look at the draw and our last 5 games we will be hard pressed to maintain the likely 4th spot we will gain when we win tomorrow.

When all is said and done we have improved pleasingly this season and a finals spot looks likely if we retain our focus, but a flag is a loong step with everything going right these days.

Re Daisy - due to his own stupidity of surfing with an already wonky ankle he was past his best when he followed daddy Mick to your mob. He is a premiership player however and in the fullness of time will return to the Collingwood fold - NOT however as a player.

As for our chances this year - I take it you mean flag chances - the last couple of years have thrown up a couple of flag surprises so anything is possible.

However when you look at the draw and our last 5 games we will be hard pressed to maintain the likely 4th spot we will gain when we win tomorrow.

When all is said and done we have improved pleasingly this season and a finals spot looks likely if we retain our focus, but a flag is a loong step with everything going right these days.

I think you guys have got a terrific midfield … very highly rated IMHO. Your backline doesn't leak goals, which mean your mids two way run … its ranked there about I reckon …

The only thing I think you guys need is new improved or FA version of Blair … an electric small forward, plus another KPF.

Other than that … I can't really see to many glaring weak spots in your list.

I think you guys have got a terrific midfield … very highly rated IMHO. Your backline doesn't leak goals, which mean your mids two way run … its ranked there about I reckon …

The only thing I think you guys need is new improved or FA version of Blair … an electric small forward, plus another KPF.

Other than that … I can't really see to many glaring weak spots in your list.
The mids have finally got hold of the game plan this year and are running with it - as you say - two ways.

I have strong hopes for young Stevenson - talk about electric! But only half a season so far.

Uncertain about KPF, it's all about balance at present and we've finally achieved that this year in a forward line that has lacked balance for years. We would need to find someone capable of fitting in without disturbing that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many rebuilds since 2002?

VFL/AFL is a continuous competition.

The VFA changed names to VFL but is not the same competition as the original VFL/AFL.
A spoon by any other name still stirs the pot.
Alfred E Newman Brendan Bolton

It’s Mad

View attachment 516311

Sorry, but that is Rattan.
ratten_316x237-pre.jpg

Boy, reading the Carltank 66 game rebuild thread gives cause for optimism that world hunger and cancer are imminently curable.

Those very optimistic boys are able to extract any old junk stat to make them feel like they are actually improving.

They must see a smashed glass cup in a million pieces as half full.

Great to see their expectations are so low. They're essentially a broken supporter base clutching at any positive they can find, which isn't many.

No thanks to Daisy.

All the best today. I think it will be a closer game than others around here. Carlton, no matter how bad they are traveling, will be up for this game. Especially after last week.

Personally, whilst i would love a big win over the club i despise the most (Richmond getting closer due to the garbage their fans spew), i would be just as happy for a 1 point victory.

Carn Pies, no slip ups today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back